+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Naija!!!!!
Una too dey like good but cheap things. I am a chief of a kind in that. Its one of the things I had learnt in the past 6 years working with my present boss.

I love the response and there are smart thinking bros and sis in the house, already considering other factors such as transit time and the rest.

KLM and LUFT for this route has transit time of 6hr 50min and 6hrs respectively

While BA on the same route has 12hrs transit time.

For those considering Emirate, transit time is about 7hrs to 8hrs and from Dubai it will take you another 13hrs minimum to Toronto and longer hours to Tacoma, Washington in the NW of USA plus transit visa and about 2hrs to Calgary.

Qatar Airways will only offload you and your family at Montreal from there the journey continues.

The choice is ours to make on behalves of our family. If you are a young bobo and a young babe like Mandie (that's no disrespect my friend and my sister) you can trip yourself o. But for Pas and Mas, there is need to plan the options well. I have a weeks old baby to travel with and wisdom is advised

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
@ EMO +1...GBAM
but considering traveling thru Ghana wil dey allow u carry all d food items u wan2 carry..i thot abt it too cos $1000 isnt free money...infact goin 2 vancouver 4m accra is cheaper dan lagos by almost $3000 for 2 around september. besides I've read a lot of comments on d kinda planes BA uses...Boeing..heard it can be quite uncomfortable..I'd rather KLM

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
fatex said:
@ EMO +1...GBAM
but considering traveling thru Ghana wil dey allow u carry all d food items u wan2 carry..i thot abt it too cos $1000 isnt free money...infact goin 2 vancouver 4m accra is cheaper dan lagos by almost $3000 for 2 around september. besides I've read a lot of comments on d kinda planes BA uses...Boeing..heard it can be quite uncomfortable..I'd rather KLM
The type of aircraft na issue? Bros just board your flight from abuja waka. I do not even take note of the type of aifcrafT when I fly all that matters is getting there safely. Afterall you wont be doing such trips every now and then. Atimes it is good to quantify the stress one will go through instead of looking at savings along.
Ask yourself what it will take to go through accra.. play out the scenerio and dont be surprised that at the end of the day you may not really be making that savings. what if you encounter delays in one leg of the trip.. if the airlines are not connected or the trip is not booked in one itinerary you will end up paying more
In terms of price, What you pay for a ticket depends a whole lot on the time you are going.. some airlines may even have a promo running which you can even take advantage of. sometimes these promos are announced at a short notice.
There was a time I saved about 100k when i went to the states. I go a price of about 350k, i went to delta to make payment after 2 days only to find out that they started a promo that day. so i did another booking and paid 245k. The price of a ticket depends on a whole lot.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
fatex said:
@ EMO +1...GBAM
Food items if admissible to Canada, then by all standards will go thru in Accra. KLM is okay and at the moment my Choice

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
This is a nice analysis EMO....

+1 from me 8)

EMO said:
@ All
I was just checking on the possibility of cost saving when the ugwu leaf eventually lands. And the followings are my discoveries. I narrow my survey to three airlines. British Airways, KLM and Lufthansa.

If one decides to take off from Accra to Calgary for family of 5 (2 adults + 3 children age 2-11), the cost will be as follows

KLM - $ 8,231.60 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 4,938.60
BA - $ 15,270.00 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 9,162.00
LUFT - $ 10,336.80 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 6,202.08

These figures above applies to those who wants to move by July

KLM - $ 7,449.60 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 4,469.76
BA - $ 7,207.65 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 4,324.59
LUFT - $ 9,741.80 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 5,845.08

These figures applies to those who will like to move from Oct

If Lagos is your departure point then the followings are the figures you will need to grapple with for family of 5 (2 adults + 3 children age 2-11).

KLM - $ 12,156.80 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 7,294.08
BA - $ 13,825.90 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 8,295.54
LUFT - $ 11,624.85 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 6,974.91

These figures above applies to those who wants to move by July

KLM - $ 12,156.80 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 7,294.08
BA - $ 8,998.05 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 5,398.83
LUFT - $ 11,000.10 IOM rate will give one the value @ $ 6,600.06

These figures applies to those who will like to move from Oct

You all are free to dig further and make a decision. Sorry for my Ijebu approach :p :p :p

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
vikolo said:
The type of aircraft na issue? the sizing of the seat and the spacing na issue o for long haul, any European city to NA is not a short journey o Bros just board your flight from abuja waka. I do not even take note of the type of aifcrafT when I fly all that matters is getting there safely. Afterall you wont be doing such trips every now and then. Atimes it is good to quantify the stress one will go through instead of looking at savings along.
Ask yourself what it will take to go through accra.. play out the scenerio and dont be surprised that at the end of the day you may not really be making that savings bro for family of 5 the savings no small o. They can buy your furnitures out there, rightly said play out the trip and see that it is worth worthwhile, but if you are oil and gas guy or Federal government or state government contractor, why bother, we know them when we see them spend. what if you encounter delays in one leg of the trip.. if the airlines are not connected or the trip is not booked in one itinerary you will end up paying more one has to play it out in a manner that will handle all surprises, e.g. go to Accra a day ahead of the itinerary
In terms of price, What you pay for a ticket depends a whole lot on the time you are going.. some airlines may even have a promo running which you can even take advantage of. sometimes these promos are announced at a short notice.
There was a time I saved about 100k when i went to the states. I go a price of about 350k, i went to delta to make payment after 2 days only to find out that they started a promo that day. so i did another booking and paid 245k. The price of a ticket depends on a whole lot.that's okay. nothing is absolute. what if there is no promo around the time and I have a means of nailing down a 40% discount ahead of time? the decision remains ours.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
@ all, all the akuko wey una dey yan na tory :D I am a Financial Mgr, I am very prudent..not ijebuish lol.. ;D ;D from the list by Hon. Pa EMO, I think BA is my best bet. If they like let their transit time be 24hrs! I will go out and visit my monami @ Elephant & Castle. Bath, eat and take plenty "Chairmen" sleep sef and go back to heathrow by tube.

I will write plenty of grammer by the time am doing my post landing experience. It will cost me less than US$4,000.00 for a family of 4 GBAM! :p :p :p

Infact by the time I reach yonder, my pally, Pa Naija Pikin no go recognise me again. :eek: :eek: :eek:

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
@ Vikolo

No offense o. Just looking at it, the way it is. I once heard of a family that almost had their maple leaf expired because they could not raise fund for ticket and the expiry date on their visa stares them in the face often.

For those of us that need every of the $ exchanged for at N162 or more God forbid, wisdom, prudence and all is advised.

Pa Right your own no be all these Financial Manager Stuff o. Na Ijebu Paraku :p :p :p we go weigh all your port motto and x-ray your gaari to be sure laafun are not missed with it.

on a serious note. Is there yam in Canada? I want to see if I can start Pestle and Mortal business upon landing. I will pound in the basement :eek: :eek: :eek:

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
well each persons peculiar situation wil decide the choice. all is well said..bottom line is we all land safely.
@Vikolo aw wuz ur trip?hopin u giv us d gr8 news soon.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
@ all, all the akuko wey una dey yan na tory :D I am a Financial Mgr, I am very prudent..not ijebuish lol.. ;D ;D from the list by Hon. Pa EMO, I think BA is my best bet. If they like let their transit time be 24hrs! I will go out and visit my monami @ Elephant & Castle. Bath, eat and take plenty "Chairmen" sleep sef and go back to heathrow by tube.You need a visa to go in

I will write plenty of grammer by the time am doing my post landing experience. It will cost me less than US$4,000.00 for a family of 4 GBAM! :p :p :p

Infact by the time I reach yonder, my pally, Pa Naija Pikin no go recognise me again. :eek: :eek: :eek:

daysey

May 21, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2010
Doc's Request.
27-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
20-Jan-2011
Med's Request
21-May-2012
Med's Done....
22-May-2012
Passport Req..
19-JUL-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-JUL-2012
LANDED..........
10-SEPT-2012
Pa EMO, God bless you real good for that analysis. Been grappling with it myself for sometime as a family of 6 and found out BA and Emirates were the cheapest, but BA transit time far better than that of Emirates.

Couldn't get the rates for IOM and am really glad you added that and the accra option. Worth considering!!!

I just pray that Accra will answer us speedily as my last born are twins and will be 2 yrs by Aug. 9th, would love to travel before then for a lower travel cost. Don't blame me o, when it comes to money matters, I'm Ijebu-Jesha!!! ;D ;D ;)

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
@ EMO..I agree that size matters for a long haul but if you read my response i reacted to that part were a comfort was mentioned s per boeing and airbus. Most airlines have 2 so does not really matter if you ask me. Just to clarify on that

I no be contractor oh or govt official. I am a very prudent person as well all I am saying is for people not to look at cost alone but other factors.
Ok if you have a family of 5 and you arrive a day earlier, think about tarnsport to the hotel (you can imagine what it will be if you have luggages , hotel accomodation , feeding, transport back to the airport the next day, check in formalities etc.

I am not saying that going through accra should not be considered but one has to compare the savings to all these ''wahala'' to know if it is worth it at all.. If I am going to make a savings of $4k at the end which i seriously doubt why i no go take that option.

One needs to compare.

As for my guy when no go mind do 24 hours lay over for london, by the time you spend all your POF no be person go tell you.. To come out and visit the city you go need to hold UK visa..What happens to your luggage? do you want to be carrying it al around the very tight city of london?

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
vikolo said:
@ EMO..I agree that size matters for a long haul but if you read my response i reacted to that part were a comfort was mentioned s per boeing and airbus. Most airlines have 2 so does not really matter if you ask me. Just to clarify on that

I no be contractor oh or govt official. I am a very prudent person as well all I am saying is for people not to look at cost alone but other factors.
Ok if you have a family of 5 and you arrive a day earlier, think about tarnsport to the hotel (you can imagine what it will be if you have luggages , hotel accomodation , feeding, transport back to the airport the next day, check in formalities etc.

I am not saying that going through accra should not be considered but one has to compare the savings to all these ''wahala'' to know if it is worth it at all.. If I am going to make a savings of $4k at the end which i seriously doubt why i no go take that option.

One needs to compare.

As for my guy when no go mind do 24 hours lay over for london, by the time you spend all your POF no be person go tell you.. To come out and visit the city you go need to hold UK visa..What happens to your luggage? do you want to be carrying it al around the very tight city of london?

That's okay VIKOKO. I get your point.

No mind that Ijebu man wey won go dey globe trot in London.

Everyones points are noted and I will need to get my acts right in the whole arrangement.