+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Dear All,

Its nice to have Tito and other senior online here, Hes a Professor and moderator, he has helped in ranges of capacity here irrespective of the challenges either here in Naija or in Canada. I hope we all wish to see Tito in person in Canada.

Thanks.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Oloye,

Congratulations on your safe landing and i wish you all the best best in Canada.You piece was very elaborate and concise,God bless you and my love and regards to the family.

Ig

Tito,

Always willing ;that is a wonderful spirit.

keep it up and God bless.

Ig

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Good Morning all,
once again it nice reading from you all.
please i got a mail from VO in Accra asking for my Birth certificate, letter of employment and schedule 1 background check. though i have copies of the one i sent to them dont know why they will ask me to bring it again.

i will like to know i cant find my DOB can i use Sworn affidafit? they gave me 60days to sent them while i will send it should i send them a scanned copy so it can be fast?
please snr kindly reply.
God bless u real good
Dan

Rubenic

Aug 2, 2010
Q1. im single: dont even have a girl friend. How much do i need to have for prove of fund?
Q2. Is ielts very compulsory

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
A little over CAD10K

IELTS not compulsory if you are a native speaker. If not it is advisable you take the exams to avoid unnecessary subjectivity

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
lnd_dan said:
Good Morning all,
once again it nice reading from you all.
please i got a mail from VO in Accra asking for my Birth certificate, letter of employment and schedule 1 background check. though i have copies of the one i sent to them dont know why they will ask me to bring it again. What ever the reason the important thing is your case is moving so please send them all they need.

i will like to know i cant find my DOB can i use Sworn affidafit? CIO prefers birth certificate showing names of parents. why dont you go to any Nat. population office and get a birth registration certificate from them? please remember the exact date of birth you sent earlier so you dont make any mistake they gave me 60days to sent them while i will send it should i send them a scanned copy so it can be fast? yes you can send scanned but be sure to send through post too. Where are you? if in Nigeria then DHL can get it there within a week at most even lesser. Please try and send through registered mail too Best of luck
please snr kindly reply.
God bless u real good
Dan

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Oloye said:
MY LANDING EXPERIENCE

My Naija pple, though this is coming a little bit behind schedule but it would have been bad if I didn't say it.
We landed at Pearson Airport Toronto on Monday and this is the step by step info:

LAGOS: We left our house for the airport a little bit late not anticipating the long vehicles hold up at the airport. Checking- in our baggage took about 1 hour as the queue was long and the immigration process took another one hour despite the fact that concession was given to us due to our children. We boarded when it was just 20 minutes for the plane to taxi with so many KLM passengers still on queue though I'm sure that all were attended to. I hereby suggest that we should always get to the airport on time.

ON BOARD (Lagos to Amsterdam): This was a smooth, exactly 6 hrs, journey and we landed at Schiphol airport around 6a.m (5 a.m Naija time) The meal on board was good and KLM has very good entertainment system.

IN TRANSIT: We spent 8 hrs 15 minutes before our connecting flight and this gave us good chance to explore the airport as it was one of the most beautiful airports in the world with just one terminal but over 40 gates. Our journey continued by 2p.m for our 7 hrs flight to Canada. We arrived in Toronto at exactly 4.p.m Canadian time. The hospitality on board was same as Lagos to Amsterdam. A declaration card was given on board for us to fill and to be kept for immigration officers at the airport.

IMMIGRATION: At the arrival hall, all travelers queued up and after checking our declaration card and and pp we told him that we are landing, the immigration officer marked it and directed us to new immigrants' desks and within 20 minutes we were true. The officer filled our landing papers (COPR), told us to sign some portions, asked for the landing fund we were having on us and I told him without even checking it talk less of counting it, recorded the amount in a form and . He then crossed the visa, told us to expect our PR card in a month, welcome us to Canada and told us to go and get books from another room very close where we were given so many immigration books, health card forms, child benefits forms and others.

BAGGAGE: We left the officer and went for our baggage. The guy that approached me requested for 14 dollars to help us to get our bags from the conveyor belt and I quickly used my Naija instinct by doing it for myself changing dollars to coins and with 2 dollars I got a trolley and moved my bags. Note: No one will be waiting to collect trolley money from you, it is automated, and you just drop 2 dollars coin into a machine, press a button by the coin hole and push the trolley out.

At baggage checking area we were told to queue up and bags and boxes including hand bags and purses were checked into detail. If you are carrying goods not allowed they will be taken immediately and in your presence dropped inside the dust bin. In case of newly landed immigrants, nothing was checked the officer only collected our declaration card and helped us to the exit. I guess this is the norm for new immigrants.
We now went out into the waiting hands of my friend and off we were to Brampton.

INSIDE CANADA: Rested the following day and went for our SIN cards/ number the third day which was given immediately and from there to service Ontario for our health cards which could not be done cos I was not having any official document linking me with my new address. The officer said that I can bring it at any time as my three months waiting time before the activation of the health card starts from my day of landing and not when I submit the form. I went to the bank, CIBC where I opened a cheque account, a free savings account, a US dollar account (All at a go) and my debit card (ATM card) was made available immediately with a promise that my credit card will come in two weeks and my statement of account (This I can use to complete the health card registration) will come by month end. I only opened the account with 1,000 dollars for me and same type of accounts were opened for my wife at same amount. Presently we could not exchange our money to Canadian dollars as the exchange rate is bad. So watch out b4 changing money.

WEATHER: Presently the weather is mild and to describe it in a lay man way, just as if you are inside AC in your Lagos office. But I was told that it will continue to get colder. So be prepared. Landing in the heart of winter could be deadly as you have to move from one location to other unless you have somebody that can help out driving you around. This, my friend did for us perfectly.

CHILDREN: Our children will start school soon as we want to get our accommodation b4 putting them in school so that we can get a place close to our house rather than enrolling them today and changing school the following week. Anyway, school just resumed on Tuesday.

Getting a driving license will continue on Monday and the process of getting a job is ongoing.

Thanks to you all my pple, Tito, Barsindoo, SOJ, Ighehinadara, Tinu, Mot, Vikolo, Badmus, dreamteam,Kako, Right, and all other Naijas on the forum, you are all special pple in the sight of almighty God. Your advise and encouragement really helped. And to all other guys like, Qorax, Leon, PMM, Rocky and others you guys are great.

I want to tell you that while my forum name is Oloye that of my wife is Boljet so do not expect anything from her (Boljet) as we both put this up and questions can be entertained now or later or through PM.

OLOYE AND BOLJET
Great guy.Thank God for a safe ;landingI will send you a personal mail soon as my docs are now in accra.
Regards to your family and please keep in touch

flushmedic

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
22-02-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
@ lnd_dan, can you please share your time line this will help some of us who have submitted full documents to accra since May and yet to recieve our second AOR

tinusunit

Sep 19, 2010
Hi all,
This is my first time on this forum, My application returned by the CIO yesterday due to wrong payment of funds. How do i go about this.
I have been adviced to pay through a bank draft but i dont know what bank issues this in Nigeria and if they do know how to.
-Do i just ask for a bank draft in canadian funds?
-If I do manage to do so and return my application, would I be considered as a new applicant or should i make it clear that i was a june applicant so wont have to que up again?

I hope someone can explain in detail to me as i have so many questions.......

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinusunit said:
Hi all,
This is my first time on this forum E ka bo. Welcome buddie., My application returned by the CIO yesterday due to wrong payment of funds Sorry to hear that.. How do i go about this Simple. I think you have two options..
I have been adviced to pay through a bank draft but i dont know what bank issues this in Nigeria Am afraid none.and if they do know how to None still.
-Do i just ask for a bank draft in canadian funds? If you have a friend, brother or good Samaritan in Europe, USA or Canada you can him/her to obtain a Canadian draft for you. You will be better off if that person were in Canada 'cause the cost of the transaction will be lesser than buying in Europe or USA. If you don't have someone then your only other option is to pay via credit card. Am told GT Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and ECOBANK credit cards function well.
-If I do manage to do so Our prayers are with you.and return my application, would I be considered as a new applicantIf you have a letter saying you should re-submit with bank draft you probably won't be considered a new applicant (this is just to distinguish you from applicants after 26-06-2010). or should i make it clear that i was a june applicant so wont have to que up again? Am afraid you will have to queue up again. That's the precedent.

I hope someone can explain in detail to me as i have so many questions.......Throw up your questions there are many willing 9ja saints that will be glad to assist you. You have located the solution centre. Rejoice moi friend, rejoice! 8) ;D ;)

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi Dan,

Can you please share your timeline.Are you old school or new school?

Ig

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
With the present state of things it is advisable to apply under the post June 26 that is if you occupation is still there. They are treating the post une 26 with preferential because they are the ones with the occupation they currently need and theirs is faster under 6-12 months, you are through. As for the Courier service, i would advice you make use of DHL;they are reliable, fast and effective compared to other courier services. i myself had a bad encounter with one of those courier service

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Tinusunit,

I totally agree with the submission of Barsindo but wish to confirm that

GT BAnk is the only bank that sells Canadian dollar (Bank Draft) in 9ija. I bought mine from them......

Best of Luck

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Hello Tinu
Thanks for the reply. I will go and get it later today.
For my time line,
I sent my application on the 7th june 2101
Received AOR on the 23rd August 2010
Additional doc req. On the 15th Sept. 2010
Additional doc sent on the 22nd Sept 2010.
others please share ur time line

tinusunit

Sep 19, 2010
Thank u all for all your answers, it has really helped. im gonna send my application again since my work experience is still on the NOC list. Ive got nothing to loose really. My other questions are:

Do we go through an interveiw of some sort because since the closest visa office is in accra, ive got no visa to go there for one
When do i get my police check and medical checks ready
stupid question, what does AOR mean? not familiar with this term since everyone keeps saying they are waiting for their AOR
Am I required to do an IELTS exam?, I mean I am a native english speaker and I graduated from a university in London