+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next DLI list update?

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
i mean even the colleges dont know when they will be added. All are saying early november when u email them, but ofcourse thats highly unlikely
Yes actually most of them are saying soon or in coming weeks but the reason to worry about is that visa officer will give priority to those with approved Covid-19 readiness plan DLI applicants

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Wrong. IRCC said that we can ask our DLIs if they will be on the list before the next update. Many universities informed their students that they will be on the list before the list was issued. Therefore, universities do know if they will be on the list or not.
Only UOT and UBC were sure. Many unis backed out at the last moment. To be very honest if prestigious universities like UBC and UOT and not #1 on the list no one else has hope.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
Only UOT and UBC were sure. Many unis backed out at the last moment. To be very honest if prestigious universities like UBC and UOT and not #1 on the list no one else has hope.
Dalhousie University said that it will be on the list on November 3rd. Many other university confirmed the same to their students.

Reactions: azzamkc

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
As @m7md said....your info is incorrect. Many universities sent emails to their students before the list was published. That includes York University, they let me know beforehand.

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
UNBC also sent us an email a week in advance assuring us that they had been approved and they expect to be on the list. When the list was first posted they were on it

Tom Hardy

Oct 27, 2020
I got this msg from my university

The reason we are not on the list is that our covid readiness plan is still under review. It is not that we have been denied, just that the review process is underway. Unfortunately, review process involves multiple levels of government and various agencies. We submitted our plan for review on August 27th and only received feedback on 21st of October. We have a strong plan that only required minor edits. We have resubmitted with the required edits and hope to be on the approved list in the coming weeks. For context, only 14 of the 45 publicly funded colleges and universities in Ontario have had their plans approved for the Oct 20th list, so many institutions are in the same situation as us.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Do you mean to say ircc will automatically add them without letting them know? How?
I had seen the list on the website first and my university sent the email wrt approval about 6 hrs after that. Maybe they do it at the same time but the universities take time to prepare the email template

mash343

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
As @m7md said....your info is incorrect. Many universities sent emails to their students before the list was published. That includes York University, they let me know beforehand.
That's great, I wish my college could confirm the same, In my case they are assuming from weeks to months..

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
All else being equal, I would expect larger public universities to be listed before other smaller institutions, as they generally have the most staff and resources, as well as close working relationships with the authorities in their province.