+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Refuge Questions (ircc interview 26th sept*)

Qbu

Sep 29, 2024
Type: Temporary resident for 3+ years already in Canada applied for Refuge due to threats from home country (single, no family)

Date submitted: 7 September 2024
Medical: 16 September 2024
IRCC Interview: September 2024

Questions:

1. The day of my interview, I was the very first person who was called (after fingerprints and passport seizing) even though there were a few before me and I was given a work permit at the same time, no waiting. Is it common? I was told you get a work permit after 5-8 weeks.

2. Also I got an email a day before my interview that my case was referred to IRB. Why was it so fast in my case?

3. when will I get an IRB hearing (estimate)? Many says 2 years!

Tnx a lot guys

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Type: Temporary resident for 3+ years already in Canada applied for Refuge due to threats from home country (single, no family)

Date submitted: 7 September 2024
Medical: 16 September 2024
IRCC Interview: September 2024

Questions:

1. The day of my interview, I was the very first person who was called (after fingerprints and passport seizing) even though there were a few before me and I was given a work permit at the same time, no waiting. Is it common? I was told you get a work permit after 5-8 weeks.

2. Also I got an email a day before my interview that my case was referred to IRB. Why was it so fast in my case?

3. when will I get an IRB hearing (estimate)? Many says 2 years!

Tnx a lot guys
What is your immigration history in Canada? If you applied for asylum because you were not able to secure PR I would expect IRCC will be examining these applications separately to see whether the claims have no basis.

Qbu

Sep 29, 2024
What is your immigration history in Canada? If you applied for asylum because you were not able to secure PR I would expect IRCC will be examining these applications separately to see whether the claims have no basis.
Negative, I just graduated from school after 4 years of university and 3 weeks before my graduation there was a political unrest in my country in Africa where I was directly threatened for sending money to the protestors and our family business got vandalized. I was going to apply for my PGWP right after my Bachelors but this left me with no choice

theclaimer

Jul 29, 2022
Thank you! Just wondering if you get PR instantly if approved at the hearing? What goes on after that
If you get accepted after hearing, you'll need to apply for PR. It takes more 2-3 years depending on province (as mentioned in IRCC website). Its a long journey.

Reactions: scylla

Qbu

Sep 29, 2024
If you get accepted after hearing, you'll need to apply for PR. It takes more 2-3 years depending on province (as mentioned in IRCC website). Its a long journey.
Thank you! A little more specific about my situation i am engaged to my long time girlfriend who’s a Canadian citizen. If we are married how would it imply to my situation if accepted at the hearing?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you! A little more specific about my situation i am engaged to my long time girlfriend who’s a Canadian citizen. If we are married how would it imply to my situation if accepted at the hearing?
Get married and apply to be sponsored unless you have lived together for a continuous year and could be sponsored as common law. Claiming asylum has significant negative long term consequences and should only be done if no other option and a high chance of approval.

Qbu

Sep 29, 2024
Get married and apply to be sponsored unless you have lived together for a continuous year and could be sponsored as common law. Claiming asylum has significant negative long term consequences and should only be done if no other option and a high chance of approval.
I don’t know why my previous reply did not go. I just graduated from school after 4 years of university and 3 weeks before my graduation there was a political unrest in my country in Africa where I was directly threatened for sending money to the protestors and our family business got vandalized. I was going to apply for my PGWP right after my Bachelors but this left me with no choice

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I don’t know why my previous reply did not go. I just graduated from school after 4 years of university and 3 weeks before my graduation there was a political unrest in my country in Africa where I was directly threatened for sending money to the protestors and our family business got vandalized. I was going to apply for my PGWP right after my Bachelors but this left me with no choice
Still if your girlfriend is willing to sponsor you why you insisting for refugee claim? You don’t have to be refugee.

Reactions: theclaimer