+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Guys, when the guide is released today let's post it in here and comment if we find any tricky section or interesting points in the guide.

I've watched chatty lawyer's livestream yesterday it it made my blood boil when he said "people not on the ($350 USD) course won't be prepared, they will be able to register but they'll be scrambling around, etc" we have 123 pages worth of information and some really active people on this thread, applying for PR is not that difficult and if you already have all your documents beforehand it won't take long.

Last edited:

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Guys, when the guide is released today let's post it in here and comment if we find any tricky section or interesting points in the guide.

I've watched chatty lawyer's livestream yesterday it it made my blood boil when he said "people not on the ($350 USD) course won't be prepared, they will be able to register but they'll be scrambling around, etc" we have 123 pages worth of information and some really active people on this thread, applying for PR is not that difficult and if you already have all your documents beforehand it won't take long.
I saw that. Made me annoyed as well. This program was designed specifically for individuals to apply without the help of representatives like him. He even gave misleading information when he told people not to pay the Fee in advance, then he says there are others in his industry who are "scuzzy." I can't wait to not hear his voice ever again.

And yes, post anything that you feel is a curveball and deserves special attention. Good luck to everyone! Let's go!

Den1204

May 20, 2017

He did give us a lot of valid information. And I can see how people would struggle tomorrow since there will be some difference during the application process. Just not the people in this thread lol.

Reactions: Riri15 and rambag98

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
The chatty lawyer told us about a new form IMM0130 for this new TR to PR pathway, so watch out for that form release today. It's a new one.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020

True that! I applied for my study permit, PGWP by myself just like many other people, without bigger problems. You just need to be calm, no rush and go through documents carefully.

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Hi all, can a contract signed in June 30, 2020 work as employment confirmation? The contract has everything (position title, duties, salary, hours etc). The contract is for permanent employment and is renewable every year. Or do I have to get an additional letter from my employer?
Does anybody have any insight?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Those that have an ongoing Express Entry application and wish to apply to this, do not. The majority of applications for this stream will be processed in 2022, and most of the ongoing CEC apps will be processed this year. Take a moment to stop and think about what you're doing. You will gain NOTHING and cost someone else EVERYTHING.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Those that have an ongoing Express Entry application and wish to apply to this, do not. The majority of applications for this stream will be processed in 2022, and most of the ongoing CEC apps will be processed this year. Take a moment to stop and think about what you're doing. You will gain NOTHING and cost someone else EVERYTHING.
The thing is, selfish or not, CEC applicants are the most likely to have all their documents ready tomorrow while some people that weren't expecting to apply anytime soon had to scramble to get their IELTS, medicals, PCC...I'm confident a solid 10% of the 40k will go towards CEC applicants with existing applications. And another 10-20% to people ineligible but that apply (or ty to) because of FOMO

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Thats so true and it makes me upset just thinking about it. I hope people are not that stupid just out of anxiety, I mean in CEC they will probably get their invitation in a matter of couple of months, and in this new stream they will have to wait who knows up to a year...definitely longer than in CEC, but when anxiety kicks in, some people will go crazy I am guessing.

Reactions: rambag98

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
The thing is, selfish or not, CEC applicants are the most likely to have all their documents ready tomorrow while some people that weren't expecting to apply anytime soon had to scramble to get their IELTS, medicals, PCC...I'm confident a solid 10% of the 40k will go towards CEC applicants with existing applications. And another 10-20% to people ineligible but that apply (or ty to) because of FOMO
Wont they have like a wizzard thing that would prevent ineligible applications to even go through? Well I am hoping things will be ok tomorrow, we shall see, I am just praying the stream will remain opened at least for 14 days.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Yes, but people must really lack basic critical thinking skills if they do this.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Would an employment contract from February and pay stubs from as recent as last week suffice for employment verification? I dont have any tax forms such as T4 as I haven't worked for the entire year yet.