+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi guys! Do we need a certain amount of work experience or it's OK if we just got hired?

Also, does part-time/full-time matter?
You just need to be employed at the time of applying, no work experience required if you're applying under the IG stream.
Also it doesn't matter if you're full-time or part-time

_frankenstein

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
You just need to be employed at the time of applying, no work experience required if you're applying under the IG stream.
Also it doesn't matter if you're full-time or part-time
Thanks so much!

Is it OK if we're a full-time student (I have gotten my Master's before from Canada, but now I'm a PhD) and also have a full-time job?

Didingding

May 4, 2021
(repost)
I'm currently working in A company and I will prove that I'm working now for new pathway, but I wonder if I change my job during processing, does it seem like it would be a problem?

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks so much!

Is it OK if we're a full-time student (I have gotten my Master's before from Canada, but now I'm a PhD) and also have a full-time job?
If you're still here completing your PhD and authorized to work full-time, it shouldn't be an issue.

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
(repost)
I'm currently working in A company and I will prove that I'm working now for new pathway, but I wonder if I change my job during processing, does it seem like it would be a problem?
As it's similar to Express Entry, it shouldn't be a problem but let's see if there is more details on that tomorrow.

Reactions: Didingding

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Does anyone know if we can apply PR under this new TR to PR pathway when we already have an application being processed under Express Entry?

waifuwars

Oct 5, 2020
Please leave the spot for someone who really needs it. If your application is being processed, there's no reason to apply.
This is the problem with this entire thing; it is going to bring out the worst in people IMHO. I bet there will be a lot of people who treat this as a failsafe and apply anyway (for the international grad scheme at least). I guess IRCC had nice intentions with this but what's the point if people who would qualify otherwise waste a spot (I am fully aware I might be one of those people depending on future CEC draws).

But hey man, if you spend this much money on a Canadian education, you want results.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
for digital photo since its online, do we need to print out photo, scan and signed, and upload it or just uploading digital copy from photographer is ok?
We will know in the guide tomorrow, probably just a photo on white background youc an take with any decent phone.

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
How much is a printer 80 bucks? You're aware of all the costs associated with your application ,right?
Having a printer is not a practical cost. I don't really print stuff in my everyday life, and to get a printer just for this program is ridiculous. Besides, we are living in a digital age.

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Hi all, can a contract signed in June 30, 2020 work as employment confirmation? The contract has everything (position title, duties, salary, hours etc). The contract is for permanent employment and is renewable every year. Or do I have to get an additional letter from my employer?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Guys, when the guide is released today let's post it in here and comment if we find any tricky section or interesting points in the guide.

I've watched chatty lawyer's livestream yesterday it it made my blood boil when he said "people not on the ($350 USD) course won't be prepared, they will be able to register but they'll be scrambling around, etc" we have 123 pages worth of information and some really active people on this thread, applying for PR is not that difficult and if you already have all your documents beforehand it won't take long.

Last edited: