+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
There are some stamps in my passport that are not english. Do I have to translate them?

Also, if they ask for proof of presence in Canada what can we use? Is utility bills and credit card statement enough?
I don't think passport stamps need to be translated personally. and for your second question, yes those are enough.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Do I need to upload my expired (canceled) passport? The old passport has a TRV that is also expired. Or do I need to just submit my new passport? My new passport has been issued few days ago and doesn't have any stamps or TRV.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Privately, I wouldn't mind if things get slow on May 6th. My wife's language results will be on the 11-12 so we need to wait and hope it's still available. But I understand everyone's frustration.
I will have my celpip results back on 15th or 16th, so 3, 4 days after you guys will get them. Its so frustrating. I mean I think it will be such bullshit if this stream wont be opened at least for 2 weeks.

Reactions: SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I think it's better if it's issued on May 6th.

I don't think this program requires proof of funds. Your proof is your job, I suppose.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I think it's better if it's issued on May 6th.

I don't think this program requires proof of funds. Your proof is your job, I suppose.
What kind of PCC for Canada do we need, just the classic one or RCMP? I've never given biometrics here in Canada.

iceboat

Apr 22, 2021
Question about PCC & U.S. travels:

I've only lived in the US for more than 6 months after I turned 18. I moved to Canada mid-2019 and got a Police Certificate from the FBI in early 2020. Since then, I've been back and forth quite a bit, but never more than 6 months at a time.

I'm currently in the U.S. doing my UofT master's (on study permit) remotely. I am coming back to Canada on May 2nd and planning on applying for the international grad stream since I have a prior degree from Canada and will be working starting May 3rd. Today I went to the USPS Post Office to do fingerprints for a new FBI PCC report and the PCC Report came back literally 5 seconds after I left the post office. I wonder if I will need to request another one since I haven't even left the US yet. FYI, my current stay was NOT over 6 months, and I already have an older report from 2020.

In addition to that ^ I do have family and friends in the States, and traveling back and forth is just part of my life. I wonder if I do apply for this stream, should I stop traveling until I receive my PR? That could be half a year at least, and I am worried I to miss out on family holidays, my best friend's wedding, etc. *I am a student currently working so I will have a valid permit for travels (even during the pandemic).

Thanks in advance for letting me know what you think.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Question about PCC & U.S. travels:

I've only lived in the US for more than 6 months after I turned 18. I moved to Canada mid-2019 and got a Police Certificate from the FBI in early 2020. Since then, I've been back and forth quite a bit, but never more than 6 months at a time.

I'm currently in the U.S. doing my UofT master's (on study permit) remotely. I am coming back to Canada on May 2nd and planning on applying for the international grad stream since I have a prior degree from Canada and will be working starting May 3rd. Today I went to the USPS Post Office to do fingerprints for a new FBI PCC report and the PCC Report came back literally 5 seconds after I left the post office. I wonder if I will need to request another one since I haven't even left the US yet. FYI, my current stay was NOT over 6 months, and I already have an older report from 2020.

In addition to that ^ I do have family and friends in the States, and traveling back and forth is just part of my life. I wonder if I do apply for this stream, should I stop traveling until I receive my PR? That could be half a year at least, and I am worried I to miss out on family holidays, my best friend's wedding, etc. *I am a student currently working so I will have a valid permit for travels (even during the pandemic).

Thanks in advance for letting me know what you think.
Okay, I will give this a stab.

The initial Police report that I had from my country of origin when I applied from there for a study permit was valid for 100 days, during which I submitted an application for SP. So in that sense I'd imagine your FBI PCC will remain valid if you leave the country or apply for the PR before it expires (if it expires like my country's).

You can go home as often as you like during the processing of the application - Although remember Canada wants you to be here when they receive and approve your application so you might want to be strategic about traveling after you have submitted the application.

Reactions: iceboat

Nahmed19

Apr 29, 2021
When I applied for PNP I was asked for it, when I got an ITA I got asked for it (see attached, it's my personal EE checklist):

It might not be required, but there are forms that ask you if you have any National ID and if you say "no" when your country does issue them, that might be considered misrepresentation. IDK, maybe I'm overly cautious but I've heard so many stories about applications rejected for the most ridiculous reasons that I want to make sure my application is 100% dummy proof.
My national card expired last month and I have already applied to renew it. It will take at least one more month to get a new one. Should I wait to get my new national card or apply for the stream with the expired one ? Please advise

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
My national card expired last month and I have already applied to renew it. It will take at least one more month to get a new one. Should I wait to get my new national card or apply for the stream with the expired one ? Please advise
Is the national card required for everyone and is it my ID in my home country?