Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Brampton or Toronto. GTA also... do you have any idea how I can book the speaking option? It sais on ielts web site we couldnt find the speaking slot.
Didn't it give an option to book speaking test as well? Since it's Ontario, they might have Covid-19 restrictions in place, and maybe they're doing speaking tests later?

Contact your test center.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Didn't it give an option to book speaking test as well? Since it's Ontario, they might have Covid-19 restrictions in place, and maybe they're doing speaking tests later?

Contact your test center.
Yes it gives you a chance to book a speaking test but when you click on the button it sais Could not find a speaking slot, and you cant even book the listening, reading and writing. It doesnt allow you to book the test. I dont know if its a glitch in a system or what is wrong. I might give them a call tomorrow morning.

Apr 16, 2021
Hey Guys,
I think I’m eligible to the program except that I’m currently on vacation. I won’t be in Canada until end of may. Should I wait and submit my application when I return back to canada or it doesn’t matter ?

ka1223

Oct 18, 2016
Check CELPIP. There may be a few tests left for May. As for IELTS, slots open up once in a while when people fail to make their payment and their reservation is gone. Gotta be quick and super lucky for that though. Also call your local centers

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hey Guys,
I think I’m eligible to the program except that I’m currently on vacation. I won’t be in Canada until end of may. Should I wait and submit my application when I return back to canada or it doesn’t matter ?
It says you need to be in Canada at the time of application and when it is approved.

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Which city?
I’ve been looking at Ontario and I can’t find any speaking dates. I think that’s where most people are struggling too. There’s dates for written, reading and listening but not speaking. If you can’t find dates for speaking it won’t let you move forward with booking

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I’ve been looking at Ontario and I can’t find any speaking dates. I think that’s where most people are struggling too. There’s dates for written, reading and listening but not speaking. If you can’t find dates for speaking it won’t let you move forward with booking

If they're not accepting speaking tests, I guess maybe due to Covid ?

ALsw1989

Apr 17, 2021
Hi.
I'm a temporary worker and former international student with a PGWP and I'd like to know if the work experience that I gained while studying part-time counts towards the essential workers' stream (considering that the required 1560 hours of work were obtained in the last 3 years and not in the last year- I'm still employed in that job, though I was laid-off due to the lock-down in Toronto). I'd appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks.

JesssicaL

Apr 14, 2021
Hi.
I'm a temporary worker and former international student with a PGWP and I'd like to know if the work experience that I gained while studying part-time counts towards the essential workers' stream (considering that the required 1560 hours of work were obtained in the last 3 years and not in the last year- I'm still employed in that job, though I was laid-off due to the lock-down in Toronto). I'd appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29
I understand IRCC counts work experience only from the duration of the period you've worked on PGWP while you've studied.

ALsw1989

Apr 17, 2021
Thank you. That's also what I was thinking; however, if you take a look at the link you provided, it says it doesn't count for Canadian Experience Class, but it does for FSW. I'm still confused o_O

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29
I understand IRCC counts work experience only from the duration of the period you've worked on PGWP while you've studied.

Thank you. That's also what I was thinking; however, if you take a look at the link you provided, it says it doesn't count for Canadian Experience Class, but it does for FSW. I'm still confused o_O
We don't know yet, if student experience will count to apply under essential worker, I mean, it should.
We'll have to wait for more news from IRCC with regards to this program.

Reactions: ALsw1989

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Anyone got an update from celpip/IELTS? I literally stayed up all night refreshing their page to book a date. But no luck so far until September in Ottawa for IELTS and Iive in Toronto :(