+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
He shared his screen during the livestream and it was a document with his notes. It mentioned the reference letter needed to prove being employed at the time of application, and how only a letter issued after May 6th would prove that.

I'm a bit confused by this, what is everyone doing in terms of the date of the reference letter?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
He shared his screen during the livestream and it was a document with his notes. It mentioned the reference letter needed to prove being employed at the time of application, and how only a letter issued after May 6th would prove that.

I'm a bit confused by this, what is everyone doing in terms of the date of the reference letter?
It's so weird, but an option is to have your employer send it on the day

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Summary of the livestream so far:

1- The PR portal for PNP, AIPP is NOT the one fir new pathways, it's going to have its own page
2- Ineligible people's applications will be processed to the very end, refused and won't give you the money back (no R10 completeness check)
3- There's absolutely no way around the language test
4- The portal is going to be separate, among other things, to handle the flood of potential applicants on May 6th
5- There's an application wizard that will prevent ineligible people from applying, if they try to lie to apply. Lying = misrepresentation and 5 year ban
6- There's potentially a "proof you're residing in Canada" section
7- The system is not very representative-friendly
8- We probably won't get the checklist until May 6th
9- No BOWP so far, but IRCC will probably have some sort of work permit
10- Medical and PCC might not be required upfront, but people with valid Medical exams will be processed differently
11- They're aiming to process the first chunk of applications (let's say, May applicants) before the end of the year
12- There will be a spot for uploading supporting documents, even though LOE, Medical and PCC are not necessary upfront you might be able to submit them upon applying.
13- This stream is a one-time thing, chances are there won't be anything like this in the future so if you're eligible go for it

Bonus: He mentioned his course no less than 26 29 32 times, but claims not to be hoarding the information exclusively for them

For now, I'm a bit less hyped about this program. We have 0 idea on how long it'll take to process these applications and if you make a small mistake because you're nervous while applying, you won't know until you application is refused (maybe 6-10 months into the process).
Thanks for your summarized and sharing :cool:

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Thanks for sharing the summary, saved me 2 hours of watching the stream :D What I can't find is what happens if someone applies to both CEC and the new program? I called immigration and they said they'll process both normally but I'm not sure if the call center agents are always accurate.
Many sources say the same thing, PNP paper-based is compatible with EE, I can't see why this would not. If anything, write a letter of explanation saying you have another ongoing PR application, if IRCC has a cloud database it could actually speed up your second application.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019

Didn't someone say it might be illegal (not IRCC but employment law illegal) to do that? I'm thinking of asking for one dated on the 6th May, which will be sent at the close of work on May 5th.

I'd also think payslips would be beneficial here so I'm attaching my paystub for my January to April Salaries. Those should be good enough I suppose.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Didn't someone say it might be illegal (not IRCC but employment law illegal) to do that? I'm thinking of asking for one dated on the 6th May, which will be sent at the close of work on May 5th.

I'd also think payslips would be beneficial here so I'm attaching my paystub for my January to April Salaries. Those should be good enough I suppose.
One thing which i am a bit curious about is the format of the letter, everyone is talking about the format being same as the one for express entry but in EE you have to prove your job being aligned with the NOC which isn't the case here. So, if someone has a letter without job responsibility, how would that play?

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020

I don't understand, what might be illegal?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
One thing which i am a bit curious about is the format of the letter, everyone is talking about the format being same as the one for express entry but in EE you have to prove your job being aligned with the NOC which isn't the case here. So, if someone has a letter without job responsibility, how would that play?
You are forgetting that some people will be applying under the essential occupation streams and they have to prove that the work was done in those NOCs. For international graduates, a simple letter of reference would suffice, although it wont hurt to have responsibilities laid out as well.

I don't understand, what might be illegal?
I dont know too, but I'm guessing something about giving you a post-dated letter testifying that you are employed.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
You are forgetting that some people will be applying under the essential occupation streams and they have to prove that the work was done in those NOCs. For international graduates, a simple letter of reference would suffice, although it wont hurt to have responsibilities laid out as well.
That's true, forgot about that part

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020

I dont know too, but I'm guessing something about giving you a post-dated letter testifying that you are employed.
So, a letter dated May 6th, that I receive on May 6th would be the best? I think I can ask for the email to be scheduled to be sent on the morning of May the 6th, but my anxiety will go through the roof, especially if the portal opens at 12am or something.

I wish they would give us more guidelines, because every single thing seems to be confusing with this pathway.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
It is definitely shady to submit your application on 6th of May and your letter is dated 7th of May. That's a red flag!
I agree. Everyone is going to try to submit on May 6th because of the cap, so what do they expect us to do about the letter?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
So, a letter dated May 6th, that I receive on May 6th would be the best? I think I can ask for the email to be scheduled to be sent on the morning of May the 6th, but my anxiety will go through the roof, especially if the portal opens at 12am or something.

I wish they would give us more guidelines, because every single thing seems to be confusing with this pathway.
Yup, and we still don't know anything about processing times. There's some vague hints saying that applications are meant to be processed in 6 months or less, but would IRCC throw in a matter of weeks the EE budget into processing those applications? Jesus. I'm still as torn between this and CEC as I was a few weeks ago.