+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New job after ITA - need documentation?

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I started a new job in my home country about a month after I received my ITA. Therefore it is not mentioned in my work history (and I'm not receiving any points for it). I will be mentioning it in my personal history to avoid misrepresentation but do you think I should provide any proof or explanation that I'm employed at my current job?

Additionally, do I need to provide any documentation for jobs that are mentioned in my work history but for which I claim no points?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to provide documentation for job changes post ITA. It makes no material difference to your application.

About work history, recommend that you remove work experiences which don't give you points.

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You don't need to provide documentation for job changes post ITA. It makes no material difference to your application.

About work history, recommend that you remove work experiences which don't give you points.
Got it, thank you. To clarify, I will be removing those experiences from my work history, not personal history, right? And what about jobs I've mentioned in my profile pre-ITA (despite not getting any points from them)? To my knowledge, I can't modify any of the information I've provided in my initial profile. Would the discrepancy between the two work histories cause any problems?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, retain them in Personal history section. If you're very worried about the difference in pre and post ITA profiles, attach an LOE highlighting your reasons behind removing the work experience.