+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi Visa Office - Applicants - FSW: 2009

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Reet said:
hello Sehaj_kapoor..tell me one thing..to wat extend spouse work related documents are necessary..i mean if i'm nt able to arrange a few of dem like tax returns etc den will CHC refuse my application???are secondary applicant's documents equally important??
Well, although it is not required to submit the work related docs of accompanying spouse but it is always good to do that. The reason being that it brings more strength to your application and the officer gets a better idea about if you are going to be able to establish yourself in Canada and if so, will your family be able to establish themselves. So here ate work we always emphasize on strong documentation.

So the visa office can exercise there own judgement and if you have strong documentation , it can sometimes work in your favour by waiving an interview, or not have a background check etc.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
sahej_kapoor said:
Well, although it is not required to submit the work related docs of accompanying spouse but it is always good to do that. The reason being that it brings more strength to your application and the officer gets a better idea about if you are going to be able to establish yourself in Canada and if so, will your family be able to establish themselves. So here ate work we always emphasize on strong documentation.

So the visa office can exercise there own judgement and if you have strong documentation , it can sometimes work in your favour by waiving an interview, or not have a background check etc.
thanx Sehaj_kapoor..bt d problm in my case is dat my husband is into family business..al d returns and documents bear his father's name..bt v hv arranged a few documents like business card,reference letter from customer,experience certificate written and signed by his father stating dat he's into business and does all indispensable work...is it enough?i dont hv income tax returns of my husband...do u think dat will be a problm???
lukin forward 4 ur advise..

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
thanx Sehaj_kapoor..bt d problm in my case is dat my husband is into family business..al d returns and documents bear his father's name..bt v hv arranged a few documents like business card,reference letter from customers,bills,experience certificate written and signed by his father stating dat he's into business and does all indispensable work...is it enough?i dont hv income tax returns of my husband...do u think dat will be a problm???
lukin forward 4 ur advise..

mhkhan

Nov 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2009
Doc's Request.
10-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-08-2009
IELTS Request
10-08-2009
File Transfer...
18-08-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2010
LANDED..........
16-03-2010
Hi Rocky and Sahej,

Just wanted to know if the family immigration takes more time than individual applications as I have applied for my whole family of 5 members and have not received meds yet even after 4 months so was just wondering can the delay be because of the number of family members.

any comments are most welcomed.

thanks in advance

Regards,
MHKhan.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
hi friends...
i got email of 120 days from CIO on 14th Jan.bt i havnt got any letter thru regular mail or courier on my mailing address...do i need to contact dem???do dey send letter thru mail too..

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Reet,

You donot need to wait for the regular mail. Please attach a copy of the email you have received when you send your full documents to visa office. That would be fine.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should start collecting your documents. There are several cases in which the applicants receive only an email and no letter mails.

LW

Aug 20, 2009
Just received PPR in the mail today (regular mail). Letter dated 21 Jan. I have 45 days to submit passports. Letter also says that PPR is not a guarantee of visa issuance.

Had received only medical request minus PPR Aug 2009 and had completed medicals and was waiting for PPR. Case specific enquiries sent twice provided standard replies saying checks were still being conducted.

My eCas is still the same and shows status as "In Process" and sub process as "we started processing...".

I guess this means that ND is finally moving along...

My timeline for reference:

Sent initial app to NS - Feb (end) 2009
Sent full docs to ND - June (end) 2009
Received Medical (and status In Process) - August 2009
Received PPR - Jan 2010

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhkhan said:
Hi Rocky and Sahej,

Just wanted to know if the family immigration takes more time than individual applications as I have applied for my whole family of 5 members and have not received meds yet even after 4 months so was just wondering can the delay be because of the number of family members.

any comments are most welcomed.

thanks in advance

Regards,
MHKhan.
No it will not since you have shown them as dependents and if its under FSW you as principal applicant, it will not do not worry.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LW said:
Just received PPR in the mail today (regular mail). Letter dated 21 Jan. I have 45 days to submit passports. Letter also says that PPR is not a guarantee of visa issuance.

Had received only medical request minus PPR Aug 2009 and had completed medicals and was waiting for PPR. Case specific enquiries sent twice provided standard replies saying checks were still being conducted.

My eCas is still the same and shows status as "In Process" and sub process as "we started processing...".

I guess this means that ND is finally moving along...

My timeline for reference:

Sent initial app to NS - Feb (end) 2009
Sent full docs to ND - June (end) 2009
Received Medical (and status In Process) - August 2009
Received PPR - Jan 2010
Great. I hope they have picked up the pace and start acting fast

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rocky272727 said:
Great. I hope they have picked up the pace and start acting fast
Rocky,

wats the status of your case. I know its really irritating moments for u.... waiting for last two nad half months....