+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI (NDVO) - 2016 SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE CANADA

sahil1087

Aug 22, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, so today my wife went to the VFS global office to submit her passport after the PPR. They told her that it should take approx 7-10 days to get it back with visa stamp.

We have opted to pick it up ourselves from VFS than have it mailed to the house.

Now my question is that how long does it normally take to get the passport back from the embassy with visa stamp? I have read some articles and people back in 2010-11 said that it took 4 weeks as well but the VFS guy told her that it should not take longer than 10 days. Is that so or the timings have changed now?

I was looking to book her ticket for 2nd week of Feb. So should I just go ahead with the booking or should I wait for them to send the passport back and then book it?

Any help would be appreciated. Good luck all with your requests. CHEERS!!

Dilsehajpreet

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-may-2016
AOR Received.
12 june 2016
File Transfer...
2 Aug 2016 (Aor2)
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Interview........
Not require this time
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
dumdumhogayamein said:
When u call, you are just a caller like any other. But if you visit you are a face with a name. More connection as compared to others. don't visit them now if you have made a call in the last week or so. Give it some buffer.
Okzz...
Thnkxx for sugessionss

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
sahil1087 said:
Hi Guys, so today my wife went to the VFS global office to submit her passport after the PPR. They told her that it should take approx 7-10 days to get it back with visa stamp.

We have opted to pick it up ourselves from VFS than have it mailed to the house.

Now my question is that how long does it normally take to get the passport back from the embassy with visa stamp? I have read some articles and people back in 2010-11 said that it took 4 weeks as well but the VFS guy told her that it should not take longer than 10 days. Is that so or the timings have changed now?

I was looking to book her ticket for 2nd week of Feb. So should I just go ahead with the booking or should I wait for them to send the passport back and then book it?

Comparing the time lines from 6 years ago doesnt really help. I would wait to get the passports back and then look into booking. It doesn't hurt to wait a little longer becuz nothing with NDVO is normal. you may get it in one day or after 10 days. there's no accountability here. If you still need to book due to time constraints then, flip a coin (Sholay: Heads you win, tails they lose)

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
Dilsehajpreet said:
We get response thru mail...
To visit their ofic effects?
Please do visit them personally ans see to it that they call CIC in front of you through their portal. This has always help me and I hope they help you too.

Take your application file#- passport # and date of birth of the applicant.

I am sure this will put some light.

A&A

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
sahil1087 said:

Wait to get the passport back. And then get your tickets. There is nothing predictable in this process.

AandA

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/06/2016
AOR Received.
08/07/2016
File Transfer...
19/08/2016
Med's Done....
19/05/2016
Passport Req..
23/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/03/2017
Gsarai said:
May 20 applicant still waiting.
Did you do an MP enquiry?

Nitulapointe

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
India
5 days since BGC.... one of the other Applicant (not on this forum) with the same timeline and BGC date, already got Decision made.. and she got PPR call yesterday.....

hopefully mine is on its way too...

Ghag29

Oct 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
AOR1 27/5/2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
That's exactly how it is and they are a little more lazy for our benefit, so if they say 25th Jan, then they probably wont touch your file for another week after the 25th just in case we/you might run into postal delays, or any other delays. But please don't consider this as an excuse of delaying your files once they ask it. It will be huge mistake.
No, its like they recieved the packet the very next day I sent it. So just hope they approve my file this week like other May applicants. :)
Rest God knows. He always does things for a reason :)

Jatinder123

Jan 10, 2017
Ghag29 said:
No, its like they recieved the packet the very next day I sent it. So just hope they approve my file this week like other May applicants. :)
Rest God knows. He always does things for a reason :)
Yes we are sailing in the same boat
18 may applicant here

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
First of all, please don't panic. take a deep breadth and do as your MP has suggested immediately. Send that info AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Don't wait on it, don't sit on it, don't think too much, just do it. Looks like your MP is taking care of you so why are you second guessing her. Just send the info right now.

don't take it personally if the VO hasn't replied to you, they are all lazy and if there is one chain of working relation ship through your MP then respect it and work through it. Don't waste time in thinking as to why to didnt get an email yet.
Thanks DumDum... Totally appericiate your response and my initials thoughts were also what you said and i am not at all taking it personally as you know in case of immigration any response or information is like GOLDEN WORDS who are we to take things personally.. I am copy pasting from the email the things in bold which are stopping me from doing this
All required documents must be submitted in one single package within 30 days with a printed copy of this email.
Note: If you are an Iranian national currently residing outside Iran and wish to collect your visa in a location other than Ankara, different procedures will apply. Please reply to this e-mail adding “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE” to the subject line of the e-mail. Be sure to include your file number, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal address.
Thanks for you all in advance for your response

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
truthprev said:
Thanks DumDum... Totally appericiate your response and my initials thoughts were also what you said and i am not at all taking it personally as you know in case of immigration any response or information is like GOLDEN WORDS who are we to take things personally.. I am copy pasting from the email the things in bold which are stopping me from doing this
All required documents must be submitted in one single package within 30 days with a printed copy of this email.
Note: If you are an Iranian national currently residing outside Iran and wish to collect your visa in a location other than Ankara, different procedures will apply. Please reply to this e-mail adding “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE” to the subject line of the e-mail. Be sure to include your file number, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal address.
Thanks for you all in advance for your response
All the best, let us know how it goes.