Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Can someone please re-add my info in the 2016 NDVO spreadsheet??? My info was deleted by someone awhile back and the sheet is now locked so I can't add it back! I was first line as our app was received 15 Jan.

Application received 15 January 2016
Medical Completed 12 Nov 2015
AOR 25 Feb 2016
Sponsor Approval 12 Mar 2016
AOR2 21 Mar
In Process NDVO 21 Mar

Notes: J&K (I am not sure if him being from J&K makes a difference but it is a disputed area).

We are kind of disheartened right now because so many people who applied way after we did already have decision made!
:(

Varadar

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
AOR1: April 05,2016 | AOR2: May 04, 2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
April 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 18, 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08,2016
johnybegood said:
Feds consulting on two-tiered immigration processing
Big changes are planned for the fall, but the government is staying tight-lipped on the details.

Immigration Minister John McCallum is consulting the public as his department prepares to make major changes to Canada's immigration system. The Hill Times photograph by Jake Wright

By PETER MAZEREEUW
PUBLISHED : Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2016 12:00 AM
The federal government is seeking public feedback on letting some immigration applicants pay more for faster processing.

That idea is one of many put forward in an online consultation document the government is asking members of the public to fill out as it gears up for an overhaul of the immigration processing system.

The NDP’s immigration critic and a pair of Liberal and NDP MPs say bringing in a two-tiered Canadian immigration system is out of the question.

“I wouldn’t support it,” said NDP immigration critic Jenny Kwan (Vancouver East, B.C.). “By doing that, effectively you’re saying you can buy your way into the system and bypass everybody.”

“They’re absolutely creating a two-tiered system if that were to proceed,” she said.

However, Liberal MP Peter Fonseca (Mississauga East-Cooksville, Ont.) and a Toronto immigration lawyer say such a system could help to improve immigration processing.

The issue is one close to MPs’ hearts as much of their constituency work is tied up in helping constituents with immigration questions, including application processing.

Many MPs have two staffers in their riding offices and at least one attends to constituents’ immigration needs. The most common complaints of constituents about immigration issues are related to long delays in the processing times of applications for family reunification, refugees, spousal sponsorship, temporary foreign workers, visitor visas, and Canadian citizenship applications.

Submission deadline approaching
“Is there any rationale for providing options to those willing to pay higher fees for an expedited process?” is one of 15 questions posed on the consultation document, which can be accessed through the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada website.

The questionnaire covers a range of subjects, including how best to welcome newcomers, how many should be admitted into the country, and whether there should be more programs for employees to hire permanent foreign workers when Canadians can’t be found for the job.

The government is accepting online submissions until Aug. 5.

Immigration Minister John McCallum (Markham-Thornhill, Ont.) has promised to speed up the processing of immigration applications, particularly those in the family sponsorship class, by “streamlining” the application process this fall. He has also promised to make it easier for international students to become permanent residents; for refugees, economic immigrants, and people seeking visitor visas to come to Canada; and to eliminate the requirement that new spouses wait two years in Canada before being granted permanent residency status.

Some of those changes could be made by simply altering the points system used by immigration officials, said Mario Bellissimo, an immigration lawyer in Toronto at Bellissimo Law Group.

Ultimately though, “they’re going to need more money, they’re going to need more officers,” he said.

Allowing some immigration applicants to pay more to have their documents processed quicker could be one way to speed up the application process, said Mr. Bellissimo.

For example, IRCC could use the extra cash to pay a second worker to process the more routine portions of an application—criminal and medical background checks, for example—while another immigration official works on the rest, reducing the amount of time spent on the applications for which higher fees have been paid, he said.

“I think it’s a great idea,” said Mr. Fonseca.

Canadians can already opt to pay extra to have passport renewals processed quicker, and a similar option could be helpful for people who need last-minute visas for funerals or weddings, he said, adding that MPs are often approached by constituents desperate for help getting those last-minute documents.

Mr. Fonseca said IRCC told him that, were such a system implemented, the extra cash could indeed be used to pay for more processing officers, and thereby reduce wait times for both those who pay and those who do not pay.

The government questionnaire does not provide any further detail about what sort of immigration applications—for examples, visas or permanent residency applications—such a system could be applied to.

Keep ‘merit-based’ system: Dhaliwal
Liberal MP Sukh Dhaliwal (Surrey-Newton, B.C.) said that while “asking a question is not an issue,” Canada should have a “merit-based” immigration system.

“Money should not fast-track immigration to Canada. That’s what I believe in,” said Mr. Dhaliwal, who immigrated to Canada from India in 1984.

Kennedy Stewart, the NDP MP for B.C.’s diverse Burnaby South riding, also said any consultation process should involve asking “tough questions” like whether to create a two-tiered system.

However, the government shouldn’t use the questionnaire as cover to bring in such a system just because it wants to, he said.

The government should be providing reports on the results of its consultations to the public, he said.

IRCC had received 3,500 submissions to the online consultation by July 28, according to spokesperson Nancy Caron.

Mr. McCallum declined to be interviewed through a spokesperson, and IRCC officials did not directly answer questions about how seriously the government is considering that or other subjects raised in the consultation document.

“Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada will be reviewing the feedback gathered from Canadians to help guide decisions on how many people we will welcome in the coming years and the future of immigration in Canada. This is a consultation and no outcome should be implied or assumed,” wrote Ms. Caron in an emailed statement.

Ms. Kwan is circulating her own letter to interested constituents and community groups to gather feedback on possible changes to Canada’s immigration system, which she said she will eventually send to Mr. McCallum.

The office of Conservative immigration critic Michelle Rempel (Calgary Nose Hill, Alta.) did not respond to interview requests.

Changes expected in fall
Mr. McCallum has promised to make big changes to the way the government handles several types of immigration applications.

The Liberals campaigned on promises to double the number of applications allowed for parents and grandparents to 10,000 per year, to double the budget for processing family-class applications, to reduce processing times, to give more points under the Express Entry program for siblings, and to eliminate the two-year waiting period for permanent residency for new spouses.

Mr. McCallum promised during a public appearance last month to “have a much quicker entry process” for people seeking visas for weddings or funerals, to reduce times for family class applications, to “streamline” the admissions process, and to make it easier for international students to become permanent residents, the Mississauga News reported.

Mr. McCallum has also been under pressure from members of the Liberal caucus to speed up processing times, The Hill Times reported in June, with backbenchers forming regional caucuses to discuss the issue. The Ontario caucus is co-chaired by Julie Dzerowicz (Davenport, Ont.) and Mr. Fonseca, the Western and Northern caucus is chaired by Jati Sidhu (Mission-Matsqui-Fraser-Canyon, B.C.), the Atlantic caucus is chaired by Alaina Lockhart (Fundy Royal, N.B.), and the Quebec caucus is chaired by Steven MacKinnon (Gatineau, Que.).

“People who put me in here, they come to my office and they’re banging on my doors [asking], ‘What are you doing different from the previous government?'” Mr. Sidhu told The Hill Times in June.

Making it easier for international students to gain permanent residence status may only require a “quick fix” by Mr. McCallum, who could order that more points be given to those applicants through the Express Entry program, said Mr. Bellissimo.

Similarly, removing the two-year waiting time for new spouses could be done quickly by the minister, he said.

Whatever changes are made, the government should address problems in the immigration system in a “cohesive and comprehensive way”, said Ms. Kwan.

It’s also important that changes are communicated to potential applicants as plainly as possible, said Mr. Bellissimo, so that people have realistic expectations about how their applications will be processed.

peter@hilltimes.com

@PJMazereeuw
I like this proposal for faster processing. Mr.Bellissimo nailed it. All liberals do is just talk talk talk, no actions. They haven't done anything different from Harper government.

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
HarkiranKaur said:
Can someone please re-add my info in the 2016 NDVO spreadsheet??? My info was deleted by someone awhile back and the sheet is now locked so I can't add it back! I was first line as our app was received 15 Jan.

AOR 25 Feb 2016
AOR2 21 Mar
In Process NDVO 21 Mar

Notes: J&K (I am not sure if him being from J&K makes a difference but it is a disputed area).

We are kind of disheartened right now because so many people who applied way after we did already have decision made!
Its added to the spreadsheet. Good luck with your application

Roseakhil

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 22-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 26-07-2016
File Transfer...
In-Process- 05-08-2016
Med's Request
AOR2 - 08-08-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Passport returned- 27-02-2017
T.J. said:
Its added to the spreadsheet. Good luck with your application
Hi T.J please add my info as well. Ecas -In process- 05-08-2016 :)

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Roseakhil said:
Hi T.J please add my info as well. Ecas -In process- 05-08-2016 :)
Done. :)

ainp1865

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
AOR Received.
June 17,2016
File Transfer...
August 01,2016
Med's Request
Feb 08, 2017
Interview........
Feb 08, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
will be soon.. :)
Hi guyz

3rd line added in PA ecas status
They started processing on Aug 1,2016.

Thanks

newbee1990

Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
23-08-2016(SA)
Med's Done....
27-05-2016
Interview........
24-08-2016 (AOR2)
Passport Req..
30-08-2016 (TRV PPR)
-1 for SA :)

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

India

19 month(s) ?
Includes assessment of sponsor: 55 days

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
HarkiranKaur said:

AOR 25 Feb 2016
AOR2 21 Mar
In Process NDVO 21 Mar

Hi Harkiran,

I applied for my wife who also lives in J&K. I also worry about the background and security check process from J&K, there are a lot of delays in Jammu. That is why I submitted two PCC's one through the regional superintendant and one from Passport office. Here is my timeline, please add it to the excel spreadsheet:

Application received: 12 February 2016
Medical Completed: 26 JAN 2016
AOR: 25 Feb 2016
Sponsor Approval: 22 Mar 2016
AOR2: 31 Mar 2016
In Process NDVO 31 Mar 2016

If you look at the 2015 group excel sheet, there are almost 300 people who have filed between May and August, but between Sept and Dec there is approx. 50 listed. If this is a small sample of the total people that have filed. CIC should be able to get through Sept to Dec files very quickly. Realistically they should be working on January 2016 files by October if not sooner. Hopefully there's no other delays(fingers crossed).

lye_nie

Jul 13, 2016
Canada
Hi guys,

I am planning to order GCMS notes. I know it is too early since my husband just received AOR2 last July 18, 2016. Its been only almost 3 months since app received in CPC-M. But I am just curious on how the IO sees our application. I want to see their notes for me as sponsor and their assessment on our relationship. Which one should I choose in the online request question, Sponsor's file or Immigration file? Thanks.

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
lye_nie said:
Hi guys,

I am planning to order GCMS notes. I know it is too early since my husband just received AOR2 last July 18, 2016. Its been only almost 3 months since app received in CPC-M. But I am just curious on how the IO sees our application. I want to see their notes for me as sponsor and their assessment on our relationship. Which one should I choose in the online request question, Sponsor's file or Immigration file? Thanks.
You should wait another month or two before you apply, I applied 3 months after AOR2 and the gcms notes didn't say anything. Mississauga staff just review the file for completeness and unless you have committed crimes or are on EI, everyone gets approved. Basically when it arrives in India, somebody is assigned the file, they look at it and send AOR2 then shut the file until they return to it at which point they will send out background check and determine eligibility. unless there is a change on your my Cic account, your file is closed pending review by the officer, whenever he/she gets to it.. I will personally wait until the background check starts and then apply for notes.

Abhi1s

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-16
AOR Received.
AOR1 18 May 2016, AOR2 22 Jun 2016
File Transfer...
SA: 15 Jun 2016
Med's Done....
26-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
BG in progress: 23 Nov, PPR 29 Nov
Can somebody add my details:
Username: Abhi1s
Application Recvd: 29-Apr-2016
Medical Done: 26-Feb-2016
AOR received from CIC: 18-May 2016,
Sponsorship Approval- 15 Jun2016,
AOR NDVO- 22 Jun16,
App in process date -21 Jun 16,
ECAS status- In progress

dondsw

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 12,2016
AOR Received.
AOR1#JUNE 02/2016
IELTS Request
SA#JULY 06/2016
File Transfer...
AOR2#JULY 18/2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
APR 01,2016
Interview........
DECISION MADE#DEC 25, 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 03, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 08, 2017
LANDED..........
JAN 28, 2017
Abhi1s said:
Can somebody add my details:
Username: Abhi1s
Application Recvd: 29-Apr-2016
Medical Done: 26-Feb-2016
AOR received from CIC: 18-May 2016,
Sponsorship Approval- 15 Jun2016,
AOR NDVO- 22 Jun16,
App in process date -21 Jun 16,
ECAS status- In progress
already present as abhi87

mywifemylife

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 MARCH 2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
AOR 1 on 17th APRIL 2016, AOR 2nd MAY 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
2 nd MAY 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 24 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14th sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16th Sept 2016
Look like ndvo has gathered some pace many 2015 applicants are getting DM hope our time also come soon...

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
mywifemylife said:
Look like ndvo has gathered some pace many 2015 applicants are getting DM hope our time also come soon...
I guess so....its true they are working hard on 2015 in a month or two we will start hearing updates.everyone needs to pray hard and wish for the best.all the best to my 2016 family