NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
Hi All

I am just wondering If New Delhi office sent email instead of paper letter to applicant. We had provided email address on application so that we get emails when ND office wants to communicates with us.

Our file was transferred to ND office on March 24 and we haven't got any email from them yet.

Is there anyone who got PPR through email?

Thanks in advance for help
Calgary Flames

neergiti

Jan 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

In the past I have seen some cases from applicants have been contacted via e-mail for PP Request and Doc Request. But only a few cases. My husband had provided his e-mail address in his application and we have been contacted via post only. So its hard to say. Just keep checking your e-mail regularly, see you never know:)

giti

nervouswreck

Mar 24, 2010
hi calgary flames,
most of them ve got ppr and request for other documents by post..but after mail enquiry bout yur case they say tht yu ve initiated an e mail communication with them and everything ll be communicated via mails,
but initially majority ve got it thru post!! but lik giti says, keep check on yur mail too..its really good if they send requests via e mail. as it saves lots of time! post takes min of 7 to 8 days to reach, and by the time yu post them , its another 2 days.. so a waste of 10 days!!!! also if yur case has started processing on mar 24th, then this week or so yu ll get yur ppr,
at least thts the trend i am seeing from the start of this year.. so hang in ther..

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
Thank you very much for your replies..

Should I go ahead and send an email to them and ask them to communicate with us through email?

I read somewhere that If you inquire about case before given time line they can delay your application, Is this right?

nervouswreck & neergiti:
Just wondering if your sponsors are Canadian Citizen or PR holder? No offense!! please...
Also, how many wedding picture did you guys sent with your application? Was there any honeymoon pictures? I sent about total 65 pictures (Nikah (wedding) pictures, Walima (reception) pictures and Honeymoon pictures). I am now not sure if this is good enough for them... :-\

nervouswreck

Mar 24, 2010
hey calgary flames,
my hubby is a pr.
i think the number of photos yu r sending is enuf.. i jus sent valima pics, as we went for register marriage.. and v didn go for honeymoon, so they asked in additional documents for post marriage outing pics.. .. so wot yu ve sent is right.. if cases r straight forward, yu ll get yur visa within a month.. all the best..and i think yu don send them an e mail right away.. jus wait for this week, as last week had holidays, they wouldn ve worked much.. i am sure they must ve sent yur ppr, it must be in the mail.. jus give it a week's time.. this is wot i feel and seen .may be if yu get other suggestions look into them.

nervouswreck

Mar 24, 2010
previously , i ve heard putting an enquiry, used to delay the process.
but now some say, it doesn, but neither should yu keep sending them mails every other week.. might annoy them ..
and even if yu get a reply, it ll be a generic mail, which doesn really satisfy yur doubts, its basically to shut yu up they ll send some mail.. i contacted them after 2 months of sending the passport, as i wuz getting anxious.. but nothing helped..

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
Thanks Fariza, I appreciate your quick response to my question.

neergiti

Jan 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Calgary flames,

I agree with Fariza. Do contact them if you'd like but not too much that you annoy them.

I am actually a Canadian Citizen staying with my husband waiting for his pr to approve so that we both can go back together. I had sent a few post wedding pics and alot of wedding and other wedding ceremony and pre wedding pics. I didn't have honeymoon pics at that time as we didn't go for it at that time due to my husband's job. In total I remember sending 90 pics.

I wish you best of luck and just be patient.

Giti

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
neergiti : Are you in India with your husband and you are a sponsor? I read somewhere that sponsor has to be reside in Canada?

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgary_flames,

Mate, its just PR holder sponsor who has to be in canada for processing time , citizens can do it while out of canada.

All the best with delhi....wo kahte hai na, delhi abhi door nahi :)

yssundhar

Apr 5, 2010
Hi,
Do any of u in this thread know if the letter from New Delhi will have ur File# mentioned in it or not? How does the correspondence happen and tracked when we send in our documents? Any pointers?
am in a similar situation as calgary_flames.

nervouswreck

Mar 24, 2010
hi yssundhar,
yes they always mention yur file no, client id, and kit number in all their letters.. and so should yu make it a point to mention the file number in all yur cover letters in case yu ve to send the documents..
and to track it, go to the website, fill in either yu client id, or file number, from the choices they provide, fill in the rest of details, and continue, they show yur status,... e-cas.. website cic.gc.ca
hope it helps..

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
manachinu said:
calgary_flames,

Mate, its just PR holder sponsor who has to be in canada for processing time , citizens can do it while out of canada.

All the best with delhi....wo kahte hai na, delhi abhi door nahi :)
Thanks for correcting me manachinu :D

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
I guess my PR status will change to "In Progress" when ND office will issue us a PPR?

I just want to make sure if they received the application and working on it.

Mine is very straight forward case, I had arranged marriage ;) and I provided a all the evidence including photos of engagement, wedding,reception and honeymoon.

I hope I will get some benefit of having arrange marriage :p

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JFYI..I dropped a email to Tokyo immigration about my PR status and got a auto response that , since i initiated email communication , they will hence forth use email as main communication medium.