Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Hello one and all!

I'm a newbie and need your urgent help and advice! Here's my scenario:

My fiancé and I have known each other for 5 and a half years (since April 2009) and he's in Canada since December 2010 - 4 years. He completed his masters last year and recently applied for his PR under the BC PNP International Post Graduate with Job Offer category. He just received his medical request (25th October) so we're hoping the PR will come through within the next 4 months. Usually it takes about 7 months for this sort of PR.

Now our problem is , we got engaged in Feb 2014, we have lived apart for more than 4 years. We want to know what is the best way to make sure we're together soon after we get married. Shall we wait it out for his PR and then apply for my spouse visa (which could take one year or more for the whole process), or should we get married now , in January or something , before his PR comes through, so that he can add me on to his application and even though this may delay the PR by some time, at least it will get processed fro both of us at the same time.

Any help or advice is most welcome!!!! Thank you.

skca4600

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd Feb 2014
Doc's Request.
Imm 5669 (Q 8 &12) on 8th Oct, 14...sent and received at NDVO on 13th Oct
AOR Received.
26th Feb 2014
File Transfer...
28th Feb 2014
Med's Done....
13th Jan 2014, 9th Apr 2015
Interview........
22nd April 2015
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 13th June 2015
LANDED..........
4th July 2015.
dhavalmistry said:
Anybody from Jan or Feb still on AR?
Yup I am still AR we got a request to submit a complete 5669 as prior was incomplete, try emailing about your file status they might reply.

In our case medical was updated late too, their is a strong chance of something not right with the applications from Jan, Feb, Mar if it's not in IP yet. I had two wrongs.

Kansri what's your update after MP inquiry.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
JB007 said:
Hello one and all!

I'm a newbie and need your urgent help and advice! Here's my scenario:

My fiancé and I have known each other for 5 and a half years (since April 2009) and he's in Canada since December 2010 - 4 years. He completed his masters last year and recently applied for his PR under the BC PNP International Post Graduate with Job Offer category. He just received his medical request (25th October) so we're hoping the PR will come through within the next 4 months. Usually it takes about 7 months for this sort of PR.

Now our problem is , we got engaged in Feb 2014, we have lived apart for more than 4 years. We want to know what is the best way to make sure we're together soon after we get married. Shall we wait it out for his PR and then apply for my spouse visa (which could take one year or more for the whole process), or should we get married now , in January or something , before his PR comes through, so that he can add me on to his application and even though this may delay the PR by some time, at least it will get processed fro both of us at the same time.

Any help or advice is most welcome!!!! Thank you.

You better hurry up and get married BEFORE he gets his PPR. It will be easiest and fastest way. Dnt mess up like mine.. And start collecting all the evidences that you have been in contact with each other since so many years OR.. if you Dnt have all 5 years history available + both the families are willing for marriage then, one more option is that you can tell CIC that your families arranged the marriage and engagement + you wanted to take time to get to know each other so you took a year (from Feb -2014- xyz 2015) and you matched each others likings and your conversation developed in affection making your final decision turn out to be in marriage on xyz 2015.

As both the families are involved, you would only have to prove legitimacy of your case from jan-2014/ Dec 2013 since the day when somebody of your family(on both the side) introduced each other.

Hope this helps

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
MP reply is "File is in queue for review".

skca4600 said:
Yup I am still AR we got a request to submit a complete 5669 as prior was incomplete, try emailing about your file status they might reply.

In our case medical was updated late too, their is a strong chance of something not right with the applications from Jan, Feb, Mar if it's not in IP yet. I had two wrongs.

Kansri what's your update after MP inquiry.

bhavikguy

Jun 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-10-2014
Kan_Sri said:
MP reply is "File is in queue for review".
Hi, Nothing wrong with those months..... because............. i got my wife's in process updated since oct 17th and today got the PPR.............YES........YES....... got it finally........ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
bhavikguy said:
Hi, Nothing wrong with those months..... because............. i got my wife's in process updated since oct 17th and today got the PPR.............YES........YES....... got it finally........ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Congrats :) IP to PPR so quick is good news.

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
happy09 said:
Hello
I m little bit upset becoz everything was going gud but now i dont recieve my PPR yet:(
Can we do anything for it
Dont worry, you will soon get your PPR request. Wait for a few more days, and if you don't get the PPR request, you may go for MP inquiry.

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
nidhi wahi said:
Thank you.. and how much time does it take to come back
It would take a maximum of 7-10 business days. All the best. :)

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
congrats... wish you a fast visa....

when did ecas change?

bhavikguy said:

chethan

Oct 22, 2014
Hi,
I have a tricky situation -
I am a 2014 applicant and have received my MR and RPRF a week back... now i need to travel to US for 3 months , what if I get a Passport request in between ? I see varying times for requesting passport after MR and also the varying time for return of passport from NDVO.

Any suggestions on what should be followed?

Thx,
Chethan

vk1810

Sep 22, 2014
punjab
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-05-2014, 28-05-2014
File Transfer...
15-05-2014
Med's Done....
march 2014
Someone plz suggest me how to enquire about my file as I am march 31 applicant and still no IP. Can I email NDVO? If yes what's the email id? Has anyone received some sensible reply about the progress of file or the reason of delay?

happy09

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-march-2014
File Transfer...
12-may-2014
Med's Done....
24-feb-2014
Passport Req..
5-11-2014
sunnycool said:
Dont worry, you will soon get your PPR request. Wait for a few more days, and if you don't get the PPR request, you may go for MP inquiry.
Hope so;)
but
MP inquiry??

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Shining Moon said:
You better hurry up and get married BEFORE he gets his PPR. It will be easiest and fastest way. Dnt mess up like mine.. And start collecting all the evidences that you have been in contact with each other since so many years OR.. if you Dnt have all 5 years history available + both the families are willing for marriage then, one more option is that you can tell CIC that your families arranged the marriage and engagement + you wanted to take time to get to know each other so you took a year (from Feb -2014- xyz 2015) and you matched each others likings and your conversation developed in affection making your final decision turn out to be in marriage on xyz 2015.

As both the families are involved, you would only have to prove legitimacy of your case from jan-2014/ Dec 2013 since the day when somebody of your family(on both the side) introduced each other.

Hope this helps
Hi!
Thanks a TON for your reply!! I'm trying to convince him about this but him and his family think that his PR may get delayed like this :(. We do have many proofs of all 5 years, pictures, conversations, friends and family. For One year I was in Engalnd and he used to send me letters by post too. I was working at Bangalore and he came to see me there in 2012.
Will he have to do a lot of formalities?? How long will it delay the PR by? Eventually when it comes, it will come for both of us? :( :( :(
Please help us . God bless you!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
email : DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Case specific: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi

MP enquiry : http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members
find the mp in your area and call them for an appointment regarding immigration, most of the mp have a secratory assigned to work on immigration - speak to that person.

these are the three options you have...remote chance you will get a sensible answer....but no harm in trying. few seniors have got some meaningful reply.

Hope this helps....

vk1810 said:
Someone plz suggest me how to enquire about my file as I am march 31 applicant and still no IP. Can I email NDVO? If yes what's the email id? Has anyone received some sensible reply about the progress of file or the reason of delay?

amansanghera

Oct 26, 2014
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
File Transfer...
Sep 2014
Med's Done....
march
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
is there may applicant in process or not yet ?