12-08-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013 IP on 29th March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
waiting 2 exhale said:
so how does one answer questions that are considered as red flags..for example I see you have tried for tourist visa twice and they were rejected..this shows you want to settle there permanently through legal/illegal means...why should I approve your PR visa? I see your wife is older than you. Why did you marry a much older canadian PR holder?
I read somewhere that applying for trv after marriage and getting rejection make case look more genuine and visa officer might think that both applicant and sponsor wants to reunite quickly, I applied and got rejected twice, I even mentioned that we want to celebrate our honeymoon and my birthday and showed them my two way ticket, National Parks booking and reservation tickets, my job commitments etc, but I got rejected because visa officers wants us to apply for PR from home country, when we have a chance to go as a PR holder, why apply for TRV...also there is one question in immigration form that have you ever visit your sponsor to Canada, I used this as opportunity to express why I got rejected so I wrote and blamed NDVO that I tried to get tourist visa to celebrate our honeymoon but I got rejected by NDVO...

Moreover sponsor questionnaire forms mention that " On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help you to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing".....I again used this as an opportunity and wrote how we met,dates of engagement,marriage,reception,wants to celebrate honeymoon so applied to TRV as PR takes more time, got rejected and applying to PR now, future plans, etc etc.....my sponsor showed this to lawyer there and lawyer got pretty impressed with this stuff !!

Regarding age difference, I dont have any issues with it as my sponsor is 3 years younger to me, I guess its normal age range, to tackle this question you need to reply in humor and make them understand that age is just a number, like so what many celebrities in India got married with big age difference like Dilip kumar-saira banu (above 20 years), Abhishek-Ashwariya(2 years) Sachin-Anjali and many more, I will say that when I saw and talked with him/her, we realize that our thoughts, like-dislikes are very similar to each others and we decided to goahead with this relationship....I hope this help to you...

NAKSA1521

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2013
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013 IP on 29th March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
sicilian85 said:
They call for interview even if there was no Honeymoon :( :( I was in India for 3 weeks for my wedding and I didn't go for honeymoon, i have also mentioned in the application that i was in india for a short period and didnt get chance to go. crap!
Thats ok, I did the same, I mentioned that due to short vacation and my spouse had to resume the job, thats why we didnt have a chance to go for the honeymoon..

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
cal2can said:
Finalllyyyy OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG moment for me too...
Picked up passport with visa today from CHC.. Also the status changed to DM today!
Cant believe... Its an Awsome feeling after waiting for 20 lonnnggg months.. Was a really ruff journey with immigration,.. well all well that ends well.
My wishes for all You guys waiting!!

Gud luck guys n thanks for all ur support!!! Love You all!
Hey Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you collected the passport from CHC? Did they called you or did you requested them. Please do let us know...

sad 2b away

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Sk
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 july 2013
AOR Received.
aug 2013
File Transfer...
sept 2013
Med's Request
sent with the file
Passport Req..
18 sept
VISA ISSUED...
8th April 2014
LANDED..........
6th June 2014
kbanatwala said:
Hey Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you collected the passport from CHC? Did they called you or did you requested them. Please do let us know...
hello guys,
one small question...how much fee do we have to pay for this spouse sponsorship application...i paid 1040$ i hope thats the correct amount we need to pay...

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
amar.reddy09 said:
Hello Friends ,

Finally my file says in process ... But should i be happy ??? or worried ? please suggest.

Thank you

Amar
Congrats! :) Wish you a speedy DM and visa! :)

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
sad 2b away said:
hello guys,
one small question...how much fee do we have to pay for this spouse sponsorship application...i paid 1040$ i hope thats the correct amount we need to pay...
That is the correct amount :) :) :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
soulmate said:
HI guys,
I am a silent observer of your posts..I am 2nd July applicant and on 6 th of March my ecas updated to medicals have been received..nothing after that...while other july applicants are getting IN PROCESS OR DM .....since I did not get any ip...does that mean i will get an interview....my medical is tomorrow expiring too...please advise me with your experience what does this mean????what it means to get an update of medicals recieved instead of In Process...Pls help..
i believe its good news for you because they updated your medicals on ecas and soon you will hear IP. :) they may have extended your medicals for a month or so. Keep up the hope. Wish you a speedy visa! all the best! :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
canucks said:
Hi Guys, so at last the process is complete

1. We received application for permanent residence on May 27, 2013.

2. We started processing application on March 12, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. interview is March 12, 2014.

5. A decision has been made on application. The office will contact concerning this decision.

6. entered Canada at Vancouver International Airport on March 19, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Thanks all of you and all the best :)
Welcome to Canada! :) You must be very happy that your over with NDVO. Congratulations! So happy for you.
Have a happy married life! God bless you both! :) :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JohnJ said:
Most just go from IP to DM in a week to 10 days. Who knows except NDVO why mine is taking this long. hope mine is not lost in the pile accumulating dust.
Dont worry. You will surely hear good news soon. They may call you to fly before medicals expire. Keep up the hope and be positive. Wish you a speedy DM!

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
cal2can said:
Finalllyyyy OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG moment for me too...
Picked up passport with visa today from CHC.. Also the status changed to DM today!
Cant believe... Its an Awsome feeling after waiting for 20 lonnnggg months.. Was a really ruff journey with immigration,.. well all well that ends well.
My wishes for all You guys waiting!!

Gud luck guys n thanks for all ur support!!! Love You all!
Wow finally you got pp with visa in your hand. what a long processing for you. Very happy for you. Congratulations. :D soon you are going to see your loved one. Yes you must be feeling soo relieved now. :) Have a happy married life! God bless you and you spouse too! :) :) :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Priyankita said:
can anyone please let me know how to do an MP enquiry. How to find out which MP office we are supposed to contact?
You can find out who your MP is through this website and contact your MP or email to do an inquiry to NDVO.

Here is the link to find your MP after you put your postal code. All the best!

www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
amar.reddy09 said:
HI Friends,

I am sorry about the confusion,at starting i was not sure about the dates so i just placed approx dates, actually i am July 4th applicant. Application IN process on March 21st.

Thank you
Thanks for clarifying. Congrats again!

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
canucks said:
Hi Guys, so at last the process is complete

1. We received application for permanent residence on May 27, 2013.

2. We started processing application on March 12, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. interview is March 12, 2014.

5. A decision has been made on application. The office will contact concerning this decision.

6. entered Canada at Vancouver International Airport on March 19, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Thanks all of you and all the best :)
That's great. Your wait is all done. Wishing you a happy married.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
MTL said:
Hi

My ecas still shows "We have received your application for PR on 26th July 2013" but i did MP enquiry on the end of Jan and according to him NDVO got my file on 22 August 2013, now I'm confused that am i july applicant or august applicant? I got PPR on 19 Sept and passport submitted on 25 sept, I didn't get any updates on my ecas yet, Please help me..

Best Regards
Hi, yes it can be confusing. But you sent application in July to CIC Mississauga so you are a July applicant. And your MP is correct to say that NDVO got your application in August as it takes 1 month to get sponsor approval. Since July is just starting, it will take a few weeks for you to hear any updates on ECAS.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
User_23 said:
Hi can someone here tell me how to make a MP enquiry? Email, phone call or in person???
You can try any of the mentioned routes. Just depends on convenience.