+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never received my first PR card (7 month+)

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Where did you go? By leaving Canada you actually increased the IQ of both countries.
To the United States of America, where I don't have to pull a rickshaw to survive. Canada can bring all the rocket scientists in the world to drive its' taxis. Btw, if their IQs are so high, why they put up with pulling rickshaws? ;)

Last edited:

Dansal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2022
( sorry for cross-posting. I wanted to hear from as many people as possible)

Hello folks.
As said on the title, i have been waiting for my initial PR card for seven months now.

I have become a permanent resident in June 18th 2021. It has been way over than the normal processing time that i could check on CIC website.

I have not sent my Solemn declaration form to one of those IRCC offices yet. Somehow i was able to link my pr card application on my gckey account yesterday.

My application was submitted last June 18th (on website it tells Jan 21th, the day i linked an application on account). Yet, there was no update, still processing.

I have also checked my pr portal which i have uploaded my address and photo. They are still in review.

I have wrote multiple webforms but i never got a reply since my case wasnt one of there priorities. I have been trying to call their office and talk to an agent for past few days but no dice. they wont even put me on hold lol.

I feel really lost right now. all the door are closed and i dont know what to do. Moreover,my COPR is expiring in April. About to lose my legal document.

Do you guys have some advices that i can get through this situation?

I am not too sure if i have to send them Solemn declaration since i have no idea that my pr card had ever been mailed to my address or not. I assume it will take months for them to process my Solemn declaration as well.

Please share if u have heard anycases like mine

thank you very much for reading
I landed in Jan 2023, husband and son got their initial PR cards in feb. I have been waiting for my card since then. It’s 7 months now. Submitted my solemn declaration form 2 weeks ago. When did you get your card?

Oct 4, 2023
I landed in Jan 2023, husband and son got their initial PR cards in feb. I have been waiting for my card since then. It’s 7 months now. Submitted my solemn declaration form 2 weeks ago. When did you get your card?
Hi there,
I’m on the same boat with you.
I landed end of January and still didn’t receive my initial PR card.
Do you have any update about your card?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi there,
I’m on the same boat with you.
I landed end of January and still didn’t receive my initial PR card.
Do you have any update about your card?
Did you link your PR card to GCKey ? if yes, what is the status ? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application status, specifically check if your PR card application has a Canada address on it.

Oct 4, 2023
Did you link your PR card to GCKey ? if yes, what is the status ? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application status, specifically check if your PR card application has a Canada address on it.
I already tried both ways. Linked my application in gckey, the status is on process dated Feb 15, 2023. Also called that number for multiple times, early in the morning but always no agent available to receive my call.
Even tried a lot of webforms and the same on process response. Planning to send a solemn declaration today.

It’s just so frustrating, no update or any. Do you have any advice?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already tried both ways. Linked my application in gckey, the status is on process dated Feb 15, 2023. Also called that number for multiple times, early in the morning but always no agent available to receive my call.
Even tried a lot of webforms and the same on process response. Planning to send a solemn declaration today.

I think you should keep calling.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Yep, keep calling thats the only way.

manzurhusainm

Oct 18, 2018
( sorry for cross-posting. I wanted to hear from as many people as possible)

Hello folks.
As said on the title, i have been waiting for my initial PR card for seven months now.

I have become a permanent resident in June 18th 2021. It has been way over than the normal processing time that i could check on CIC website.

I have not sent my Solemn declaration form to one of those IRCC offices yet. Somehow i was able to link my pr card application on my gckey account yesterday.

My application was submitted last June 18th (on website it tells Jan 21th, the day i linked an application on account). Yet, there was no update, still processing.

I have also checked my pr portal which i have uploaded my address and photo. They are still in review.

I have wrote multiple webforms but i never got a reply since my case wasnt one of there priorities. I have been trying to call their office and talk to an agent for past few days but no dice. they wont even put me on hold lol.

I feel really lost right now. all the door are closed and i dont know what to do. Moreover,my COPR is expiring in April. About to lose my legal document.

Do you guys have some advices that i can get through this situation?

I am not too sure if i have to send them Solemn declaration since i have no idea that my pr card had ever been mailed to my address or not. I assume it will take months for them to process my Solemn declaration as well.

Please share if u have heard anycases like mine

thank you very much for reading
Hi there, can you please let me know if you received it or if you are still waiting for it? If you received it, then is there any action you took that worked for you? Please do reply. I am in the same boat as you were and need some guidance. Thank you.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi there, can you please let me know if you received it or if you are still waiting for it? If you received it, then is there any action you took that worked for you? Please do reply. I am in the same boat as you were and need some guidance. Thank you.
Hi did you receive it? I am in the same boat and didn't receive my pr card. It's been 5 months.