+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never received first PR card

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
I landed in in Canada May 2022 with COPR. Due to unforeseen medical circumstances back home, I had to depart the country shortly after landing. I’ve now got a PRTD issued for me to renter Canada, which I plan on using this month

I never received my first PR card to the address I gave the immigration officer when landing, I’m assuming this was because I’d left the country and they must have known. Does anyone know if this is true? When I land again into Canada, I will reapply for a new card.

The biggest issue I have is that Service Canada require an in date (within a year of landing) COPR or a valid PR card to issue a SIN. With my COPR now invalid and my PR card not yet received, I’ve no way of working until I get my PR card.

Does anyone know how long a PR card can take when I never received my first? Does anyone know why the first wouldn’t have arrive and if it was in fact to do with the fact I left the country?

I am nervous to just sit and wait in Canada for an elusive card just to be able to start life! I have a job transfer that wants me to start working on July 15th but that looks like it’s going to need to be pushed back.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I landed in in Canada May 2022 with COPR. Due to unforeseen medical circumstances back home, I had to depart the country shortly after landing. I’ve now got a PRTD issued for me to renter Canada, which I plan on using this month

I never received my first PR card to the address I gave the immigration officer when landing, I’m assuming this was because I’d left the country and they must have known. Does anyone know if this is true? When I land again into Canada, I will reapply for a new card.

The biggest issue I have is that Service Canada require an in date (within a year of landing) COPR or a valid PR card to issue a SIN. With my COPR now invalid and my PR card not yet received, I’ve no way of working until I get my PR card.

Does anyone know how long a PR card can take when I never received my first? Does anyone know why the first wouldn’t have arrive and if it was in fact to do with the fact I left the country?

I am nervous to just sit and wait in Canada for an elusive card just to be able to start life! I have a job transfer that wants me to start working on July 15th but that looks like it’s going to need to be pushed back.
Estimated processing time for replacement card is currently 73 days: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Yoiu can try requesting urgent processing: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

It is relatively common to never receive a PR card that was mailed by IRCC. You need to contact IRCC, they'll send you a form to fill and mail. They usually tell you how much time it could possibly take. They told my spouse that they were processing September's PR card requests in Jan, so they told us that we should expect ours by April or later. We got my spouse's PR card in March though, so roughly the same.