+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

needed urgent advice friends. Please suggest

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
My wp extension application was rejected today coz of the reason AOR is not issued yet. I will be applying for restoration and my lawyer suggested to apply for study permit which i can get it in 2 weeks. My question is, if I am on study permit and my got AOR number..can I apply for bridge work permit then?

In the letter i have received for rejection it is mentioned that a fee of $355 should be paid for restoration. I am assuming $200 is for restoration fee and $155 is for permit. if I pay total $355 then I will be issued bridge WP once my AOR is generated?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
No, You can not get Bridging open work permit when you are on study permit because you can only apply bowp within 4 months before your current work permit expire. When did you apply for CEC?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
How about applying Visitor permit and them apply for BOWP after the file number is received.?

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
backendcode said:
No, You can not get Bridging open work permit when you are on study permit because you can only apply bowp within 4 months before your current work permit expire. When did you apply for CEC?
a big mess happened with my lawyer. i gave him the application in July 1st week. he said he applied in third week of July. As per what he said at any cost I should have got AOR number by now but Still I haven't got my AOR. wondering, does it take 4 months to get AOR in any case?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryreddy said:
a big mess happened with my lawyer. i gave him the application in July 1st week. he said he applied in third week of July. As per what he said at any cost I should have got AOR number by now but Still I haven't got my AOR. wondering, does it take 4 months to get AOR in any case?
It shouldn't take that long, as the average for July applicants were about 60 days. These days we have a lot of people complaining about immigration lawyers who are not doing their job properly. In some cases, it may seem that they are not telling the truth about having submitted the application, even though they might not have. Could be that they might think that all immigration applicants accept everything in face value and don't know about a lot of things. But it is fortunate that we have forums like canadavisa.

Can you ask about the receipt of the mail? Any proper lawyer should have more than average due diligence and document control/tracking should be one of their higher priority. I am not implying that your lawyer might lie to you, but it is always good to double check everything. Especially, if it involves your life & career future here in Canada...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
akil_f1 said:
How about applying Visitor permit and them apply for BOWP after the file number is received.?
Not possible. You need a valid work permit to apply for a BOWP.

Your lawyer sounds like an idiot. You can't apply for a BOWP from a study permit - again, you need a valid work permit. You also need to first be accepted into a college or university program in Canada to apply for a study permit. Do you have an acceptance letter for the January term? Also, study permits can take well over 2 weeks to process.

Your laywer has no idea what he is doing. Get rid of him now.

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
retwant said:
It shouldn't take that long, as the average for July applicants were about 60 days. These days we have a lot of people complaining about immigration lawyers who are not doing their job properly. In some cases, it may seem that they are not telling the truth about having submitted the application, even though they might not have. Could be that they might think that all immigration applicants accept everything in face value and don't know about a lot of things. But it is fortunate that we have forums like canadavisa.

Can you ask about the receipt of the mail? Any proper lawyer should have more than average due diligence and document control/tracking should be one of their higher priority. I am not implying that your lawyer might lie to you, but it is always good to double check everything. Especially, if it involves your life & career future here in Canada...
Thanks for the reply. I came to conclusion that he didn't sent my application in July. I am expecting he has sent sometime mid September. I asked him for the receipt and he said he will forward it to me, but he didn't send me yet. He is lying.

I can't believe some lawyers are so irresponsible and putting life & career of clients at stake because of their negligence.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryreddy said:
Thanks for the reply. I came to conclusion that he didn't sent my application in July. I am expecting he has sent sometime mid September. I asked him for the receipt and he said he will forward it to me, but he didn't send me yet. He is lying.

I can't believe some lawyers are so irresponsible and putting life & career of clients at stake because of their negligence.
Remember that our priorities and theirs are different. We want to use the most efficient way to get our PR: either using our own self-learned know-how, or by hiring experts' services. These experts usually have many other clients with different deadlines and priorities. So sometimes, our priorities got lost in between or placed on the bottom ones.

Since we don't have full control of our application, when we are hiring experts' services, it is adviseable to keep track and monitor them. If you can't manage them, don't hire them on the first place. Lawyers typically are paid by hours or lumpsum. Some of the hourly ones might be happy the longer your case is going. Some of the lumpsump ones might do whats needed on their agenda to complete your case, if there were no agreed details specified.

So, whether you do it yourself or hire an expert, there are benefits and disadvantages for both of them. You need to understand them and manage them properly to get the maximum result.

I hope your case will go well~ Good luck with that!

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
hey harry, i was in same situation as you. this is one of my old post. I hope this will help you.

Hey guys, I can see some people applied in First week of June still waiting for their file number. I was in same situation and i know how it feels and so many negative thought comes into mind. Well i applied in April 25, 2014 and file received on April 29, 2014. But could you imagine i have to wait more than 4 months just to get my file number and other April applicants were getting their file number within 30 days. So I sent my first email to CIC intake office on June 17 (After 7 weeks) with my all information such as client ID, Date of birth, Name, Passport# and nationality and they replied me back on August 1 and reply was " We have no record of your application in our office and if you can provide us tracking code of your courier further search can b done"

I replied with my tracking code on same day but I was sure my application wasn't open yet because the bar code we generate in IM0008 form is actually a digital information about you and when they open the package rather than type your all personal information like name, client id , work permit information, passport and all . they simply scan that bar code and fetch your information in their system (Database) and my en-query was searched in that database and no result was found. Then my lawyer suggest me to contact with local MP (He did on behalf of me) and my laywer told me your application has been lost/misplaced inside the office and they didn't open and trying to find my application. I am not sure if this was true information or no but thats why my lawyer told me and i did believe on him. Then I start working on my another application to sent out to CIC office and if i got replied from my first application i was going to withdraw my 2nd application but I got my file number on SEP 9, 2014 (More than 4 months)

So people who are waiting longer than normal time, Just email to CIC and if they said no record then start working on your 2nd application and contact with your local MP because they have connection to contact with case processing officer inside the CIC intake office. They cant help to process fast on your application but they can help you with rite information about your application.

I am feeling happy to share my experience with you because i can feel the pain of you guys who waiting for their file number more than normal time

Wish you good luck all PR applicants

Thanks,
Backendcode

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
This is so true....I hired a lawyer too, but she was very straightforward to me and told what docs i need if i want her to take my case(I am a QC applicant applied for CEC). And after hiring her, I kept track on each n every communication sent by them to CIC. I always had asked & obtained the scanned copies of all the docs (incl my app package, tracking no etc) sent out to CIC from the beginning. you can ask the legal assistant to do this for you, as their charges are cheaper than the lawyer & they do these stuffs for the lawyers anyway.

On my part i ordered GCMS notes, sent emails to CPC ottawa to confirm if docs were added to my file or not.

We are hiring lawyers for smoother process, but we need to keep track of the communications sent/received by them. I think you should raise a complaint with CIC (there s a website for that) abt your lawyer and also send the updated Use of Rep form to cancel him.

You can contact your MP in your area to find out whats going on with your file.

Good Luck!

retwant said:
Remember that our priorities and theirs are different. We want to use the most efficient way to get our PR: either using our own self-learned know-how, or by hiring experts' services. These experts usually have many other clients with different deadlines and priorities. So sometimes, our priorities got lost in between or placed on the bottom ones.

Since we don't have full control of our application, when we are hiring experts' services, it is adviseable to keep track and monitor them. If you can't manage them, don't hire them on the first place. Lawyers typically are paid by hours or lumpsum. Some of the hourly ones might be happy the longer your case is going. Some of the lumpsump ones might do whats needed on their agenda to complete your case, if there were no agreed details specified.

So, whether you do it yourself or hire an expert, there are benefits and disadvantages for both of them. You need to understand them and manage them properly to get the maximum result.

I hope your case will go well~ Good luck with that!

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gopr said:
This is so true....I hired a lawyer too, but she was very straightforward to me and told what docs i need if i want her to take my case(I am a QC applicant applied for CEC). And after hiring her, I kept track on each n every communication sent by them to CIC. I always had asked & obtained the scanned copies of all the docs (incl my app package, tracking no etc) sent out to CIC from the beginning. you can ask the legal assistant to do this for you, as their charges are cheaper than the lawyer & they do these stuffs for the lawyers anyway.

On my part i ordered GCMS notes, sent emails to CPC ottawa to confirm if docs were added to my file or not.

We are hiring lawyers for smoother process, but we need to keep track of the communications sent/received by them. I think you should raise a complaint with CIC (there s a website for that) abt your lawyer and also send the updated Use of Rep form to cancel him.

You can contact your MP in your area to find out whats going on with your file.

Good Luck!
+1 for sharing. Good to know that you managed your hired experts properly and also your application went well. I wish you all the best for your landing!

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
backendcode said:
hey harry, i was in same situation as you. this is one of my old post. I hope this will help you.

Hey guys, I can see some people applied in First week of June still waiting for their file number. I was in same situation and i know how it feels and so many negative thought comes into mind. Well i applied in April 25, 2014 and file received on April 29, 2014. But could you imagine i have to wait more than 4 months just to get my file number and other April applicants were getting their file number within 30 days. So I sent my first email to CIC intake office on June 17 (After 7 weeks) with my all information such as client ID, Date of birth, Name, Passport# and nationality and they replied me back on August 1 and reply was " We have no record of your application in our office and if you can provide us tracking code of your courier further search can b done"

I replied with my tracking code on same day but I was sure my application wasn't open yet because the bar code we generate in IM0008 form is actually a digital information about you and when they open the package rather than type your all personal information like name, client id , work permit information, passport and all . they simply scan that bar code and fetch your information in their system (Database) and my en-query was searched in that database and no result was found. Then my lawyer suggest me to contact with local MP (He did on behalf of me) and my laywer told me your application has been lost/misplaced inside the office and they didn't open and trying to find my application. I am not sure if this was true information or no but thats why my lawyer told me and i did believe on him. Then I start working on my another application to sent out to CIC office and if i got replied from my first application i was going to withdraw my 2nd application but I got my file number on SEP 9, 2014 (More than 4 months)

So people who are waiting longer than normal time, Just email to CIC and if they said no record then start working on your 2nd application and contact with your local MP because they have connection to contact with case processing officer inside the CIC intake office. They cant help to process fast on your application but they can help you with rite information about your application.

I am feeling happy to share my experience with you because i can feel the pain of you guys who waiting for their file number more than normal time

Wish you good luck all PR applicants

Thanks,
Backendcode

Thanks for understanding our situation and sharing your experiences. My BOWP also got rejected yetserday coz of AOR is not yet issued. My situation and status became uncertain coz of this. I ahve 90 days from now to apply for restoration. have to apply for restoration and some permit. what is the best way u can suggest to hold a status now in Canada in my case? If I change my status to visitor can I apply for BOWP extension after I get AOR?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
No my work permit still valid till July 2015 so I didn't need for it. You can apply for visitor visa I believe or study visa but I am not sure if u can afford study visa or no because u need acceptance letter ( offer letter ) from college with certain ielts requirement (academic not general ) and major thing is fee for international student. Good luck bro. I hope you will be fine.