01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
harryreddy said:
Thanks for understanding our situation and sharing your experiences. My BOWP also got rejected yetserday coz of AOR is not yet issued. My situation and status became uncertain coz of this. I ahve 90 days from now to apply for restoration. have to apply for restoration and some permit. what is the best way u can suggest to hold a status now in Canada in my case? If I change my status to visitor can I apply for BOWP extension after I get AOR?
harryreddy, do you even know for sure yet, whether your CEC application was actually submitted to CIC? Do you have any proof?

This is really terrible, since now you can't apply now for the BoWP. Your options now are to (a) find an employer who can get an LMIA for you, (b) change status to a visitor (but you can't work, and you have a long wait if you don't have your AOR yet), and (c) leave Canada and wait for your application to be processed. There are now more stringent rules for getting a study permit, as scylla indicated. Unless you've already applied and been accepted to a program, it would be difficult to get a study permit before the end of the 90 days...

Do you have an employer? If so, you have to stop working now, unfortunately.

If your lawyer has screwed up this badly (and it's not a misunderstanding), then you should consider filing a complaint. Don't know what province you live in, in Ontario it would be:
http://www.lsuc.on.ca/with.aspx?id=644