+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to know my options - ACCA Student

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys.. just joined CanadaVisa. Just like others i'm pretty much looking forward to see Maple Leafs.

I'm an On-going Student of ACCA(UK) in Professional stage. I have been planning to check out my options for Canada for about an year now. As many of you (sub-continent members) might know ACCA is very rare in Canada. I'm in a situation where only an EXPERT can help me. Well its a simple ask from my side, I'm looking forward to gain something in Canada, I tried watching for MBA's or Masters but yet they require Bachelors and thats what i'm afraid i dont have due to my professional qualification. Another problem with myself is I'm looking for Work Permits aswell.

Can anyone over here can tell me about my options getting Post Graduate Studies (Masters, Diploma, Advanced Degree) ?

I'm looking for secure my future, I'm not in desperate mode of going Canada Now or in 12 months but yeah, I do plan to check how things roll on in that part of world.

I'm interested in Humber or George Brown. But still all puzzled up!!

Looking Forward!

** Update 1 : So far suggestions point out to opt for Masters in University Of Saskatchewan Or University Of Waterloo In Accounting Course As they have good reputation of their Departments. This will open doors for getting 3 or 2 Years PGWP. **

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
for starters, DONT APPLY TO A COLLEGE lol!!! i applied to LSBF last DEC and got my med call in the end of JULY. and i am one of the few few lucky college students to get any sort of positive reply form the CHC.

Secondly, ACCA doesn't have that much of a scope in Canada, not yet atleast. However there IS a mutual agreement b/w CGA Canada and ACCA, in that ACCA "members" can avail that qualification. Again it is only for ACCA members, not affiliates. so you need that 3 Yrs of work exp!

LSBF does provide something of a co-op program where you can work for 10 weeks after your papers in an unpaid internship but thats about it. if you want to work you need to look for admission in some University.

As for Bachelors, are you not opted into the Oxford Brookes BSc program? if you are,the BSc you receive through that is fully recognized internationally (provided you have the desired GPA)..

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
for starters, DONT APPLY TO A COLLEGE lol!!! i applied to LSBF last DEC and got my med call in the end of JULY. and i am one of the few few lucky college students to get any sort of positive reply form the CHC.

Secondly, ACCA doesn't have that much of a scope in Canada, not yet atleast. However there IS a mutual agreement b/w CGA Canada and ACCA, in that ACCA "members" can avail that qualification. Again it is only for ACCA members, not affiliates. so you need that 3 Yrs of work exp!

LSBF does provide something of a co-op program where you can work for 10 weeks after your papers in an unpaid internship but thats about it. if you want to work you need to look for admission in some University.

As for Bachelors, are you not opted into the Oxford Brookes BSc program? if you are,the BSc you receive through that is fully recognized internationally (provided you have the desired GPA)..

hey man! just wished you on the other forum on your visa. And yeah i know all that process and it really hurts. I'm in the BSc Oxford Brooks but unfortunately i failed F9. So the BSc is far away from now. I'm looking for Postgraduate Admission in a well-known Place. So far i'm satisfied with Humber, George Brown and Senaca. but as i told its all messed up. I need someone who can tell me what way works the best in-terms of Visa Approval and Satisfactory landing at Toronto Pearson lol

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
wJaz said:
hey man! just wished you on the other forum on your visa. And yeah i know all that process and it really hurts. I'm in the BSc Oxford Brooks but unfortunately i failed F9. So the BSc is far away from now. I'm looking for Postgraduate Admission in a well-known Place. So far i'm satisfied with Humber, George Brown and Senaca. but as i told its all messed up. I need someone who can tell me what way works the best in-terms of Visa Approval and Satisfactory landing at Toronto Pearson lol
thanks for the wish man =) my advise, that is if you dont want to get khawar, is to do your f9, get your BSc and then apply to a university in Canada. Alternatively u can apply in the UK. LSBF and ACCA has a huge reputation there.

what do you plan on doing at humber, seneca etc?

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
thanks for the wish man =) my advise, that is if you dont want to get khawar, is to do your f9, get your BSc and then apply to a university in Canada. Alternatively u can apply in the UK. LSBF and ACCA has a huge reputation there.

what do you plan on doing at humber, seneca etc?

thats right i know about LSBF and all that stuff goes in UK aswell. i'm Planning for Post Graduation, thats my ultimate reason. If that does not suits me then forsure, i'll get into Bachelors. I am looking for someone who can tell me the process of Post Graudation Diploma either in International Business Management or .. Information Systems. Both are offered in Humber, Senaca and George Brown.

I'm into deep research these days. Will be Applying Around March next year.

Craving

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wJaz said:
Hello guys.. just joined CanadaVisa. Just like others i'm pretty much looking forward to see Maple Leafs.

I'm an On-going Student of ACCA(UK) in Professional stage. I have been planning to check out my options for Canada for about an year now. As many of you (sub-continent members) might know ACCA is very rare in Canada. I'm in a situation where only an EXPERT can help me. Well its a simple ask from my side, I'm looking forward to gain something in Canada, I tried watching for MBA's or Masters but yet they require Bachelors and thats what i'm afraid i dont have due to my professional qualification. Another problem with myself is I'm looking for Work Permits aswell.

Can anyone over here can tell me about my options getting Post Graduate Studies (Diploma, Advanced Degree) ?

I'm interested in Humber or George Brown. But still all puzzled up!!

Looking Forward!
My friend ACCA is not a degree of Canada, but it belongs to U.K.

The biggest hindrance for ACCA students who apply for Canada is that CHC will not be satisfy from you, unless you show them very strong case (Heavy Bank statement, strong home ties etc)

Secondly if you are just going for ACCA then chose U.K. not Canada. I have qualified my ACCA from London now i am planning to move Canada for Masters. in your case you can apply for Bsc. from Oxford Brookes University. On that degree apply for Masters in Canada (Like many universities are providing Masters courses in Accounting). In that way your chances of getting visa will be very high and after completing course from Canada you can easily hunt job market. (ACCA is equivalent for Canadian CGA). So my advise that that you are in final part of ACCA. Complete it from Pakistan meanwhile get Bsc from OBU and apply for Canadian visa.
Sabar ka phal metha hota hay, so wait for next 6 months before you complete ACCA from Pakistan.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
Craving said:

The biggest hindrance for ACCA students who apply for Canada is that CHC will not be satisfy from you, unless you show them very strong case (Heavy Bank statement, strong home ties etc)

Secondly if you are just going for ACCA then chose U.K. not Canada. I have qualified my ACCA from London now i am planning to move Canada for Masters. in your case you can apply for Bsc. from Oxford Brookes University. On that degree apply for Masters in Canada (Like many universities are providing Masters courses in Accounting). In that way your chances of getting visa will be very high and after completing course from Canada you can easily hunt job market. (ACCA is equivalent for Canadian CGA). So my advise that that you are in final part of ACCA. Complete it from Pakistan meanwhile get Bsc from OBU and apply for Canadian visa.
Sabar ka phal metha hota hay, so wait for next 6 months before you complete ACCA from Pakistan.
+1 agree 100% with what you said!!!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Craving said:

Brother i really appreciate your answer. The only problem is I already knew what you said lol :) i think you came so quick in reading my post. I asked for Post Graduation Courses in Canada. I know and never ever i will be going as an ACCA Student to Canada.

I wanted to EDIT my post to add options for either Bachelors (with exemptions), Direct Masters or Post Graduate Diploma. but seems i cant edit my topic now.

thats what i'm confused and looking for an answer. I'm looking for some good advise from guys who can tell me.. whats the proper way to go.. Should i look for Bachelors admission or Masters or Post graduate diploma!

thats what i'm confused for. Forget the ACCA story here. Its my Current Qualification. And for BSc Oxford. yeah I'm opted and will be getting it next year end. So I think I still have some time to think and browse for my options for Canada.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
im not certain but i think you have to first have a graduate diploma of sorts before being able to pursue a "post"-graduate diploma. ACCA itself has no value in Canada. So the basis on which you can apply there is EITHER your BSc degree OR you get the three year work exp, become an ACCA member, give the tax and law module and become a CGA. Depending on your previous qualifications (pre-ACCA) you can apply for a Bachelors degree, but you run the risk of being rejected on the basis of a course mismatch or the Visa officer could just say that you allready have a bachelors, why do you need another (the VO's are a finicky bunch).
In my opinion though your best bet is to get your BSc and apply for Masters in any university. You can even become eligible for a PGWP!!

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm also an ACCA student. finishes my f level and p1 and doing my project presently while doing p2 and p3 this december. it is very likely that i'll graduate with 2.2 as my average in the f4 to f9 is 56. will this 2.2 affect my seeking for masters in canada? i have a good mind that after i am through with my 1 yr masters in infotech security course in canada which will start in jan 2013, i'll go for MBA with my oxford brookes certificate. or is it possible i get a job with the oxford brookes? i really dont want to leave canada once i step into that soil. it has been my dream country for ages.

Craving

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
im not certain but i think you have to first have a graduate diploma of sorts before being able to pursue a "post"-graduate diploma. ACCA itself has no value in Canada. So the basis on which you can apply there is EITHER your BSc degree OR you get the three year work exp, become an ACCA member, give the tax and law module and become a CGA. Depending on your previous qualifications (pre-ACCA) you can apply for a Bachelors degree, but you run the risk of being rejected on the basis of a course mismatch or the Visa officer could just say that you allready have a bachelors, why do you need another (the VO's are a finicky bunch).
In my opinion though your best bet is to get your BSc and apply for Masters in any university. You can even become eligible for a PGWP!!
Nice explanation, i am also giving him suggestion to complete ur ACCA from Pak, get Bsc. get good exp from good form Pakistan during ACCA like from KPMG or other BIG4. after 6 months or 1 year go for Masters or PGD. But never go for Bsc. after ACCA other u wan get visa rejection. For you Univ of Saskatchewan, Brock Univ etc are best options . Their Accounting masters especially Univ of Saskatchewan are very well reputed in Canada. but u need better IELTS and may be GMAT

So if you really want to secure your future then my advise is to stay calm, don't do hurry. In this way after completing education you can find good job. otherwise students face difficulty (In Canada Accountants are already in full cap, mean less job for them).

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i forgot to add that i already have my relevant experience so i'll get my membership as soon as i am through with my exams.

Craving

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforsure said:
i'm also an ACCA student. finishes my f level and p1 and doing my project presently while doing p2 and p3 this december. it is very likely that i'll graduate with 2.2 as my average in the f4 to f9 is 56. will this 2.2 affect my seeking for masters in canada? i have a good mind that after i am through with my 1 yr masters in infotech security course in canada which will start in jan 2013, i'll go for MBA with my oxford brookes certificate. or is it possible i get a job with the oxford brookes? i really dont want to leave canada once i step into that soil. it has been my dream country for ages.
On that Bsc not too much job. Better go for masters in accounts or finance. Some good universities are there , u can see in my last post, and also Waterloo univ is also among best for accounts..After dong masters from such univs. even if you want to leave Canada then Canadian employees will not let you to leave Canada :eek: :eek: :eek:

Craving

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforsure said:
i forgot to add that i already have my relevant experience so i'll get my membership as soon as i am through with my exams.
Complete your membership, get Bsc from OBU, get exemption from CGA and then enter in Canada. Inshallah it will be much better for your life. even during your masters you can get offer from good company.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
canadaforsure said:
man 2.2 is very low, but I dunno, you can always mail your credentials to the uni and they can advise you. to get into a good reputed uni, you need atleast a B (ie upper secondary in your OBU degree), in most good unis.
you also need a good GMAT score. it will help you. As for IELTS, it shouldn't really be an issue as your BSc is from a country where English is the primary language.
You dont really NEED to go for MBA, there are other good programs, for e.g im considering MFin which prepares you for Lvl 1&2 CFA as well.
keep in mind though, MBA is REALLY expensive in Canada, so choose your university wisely. MUN has the cheapest MBA tuition fees if you are willing to go that far and is within the world top 500 ranking of unis!
however, if you do try for MBA there is a chance for being rejected on a course mismatch as you are doing a infotech security course. from what ive seen, the VISA officers and using this course mismatch line for even the smallest of variations. there was a guy who applied for a course in game designing and animation. he had done something in computers before but was still rejected on a course mismatch. tread carefully.

keep in mind, the OBU BSc is FULLY RECOGNIZED in Canada and anywhere else. So in theory yes you can get a job on its basis alone. But the question is are you allowed to apply for a job. you need a PGWP for that!