+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help

HopefulToo

May 11, 2009
I came to Canada on a visitor’s visa. While in Canada, I found an employer and she applied for a labor market opinion which was approved in my favor. I applied at a port of entry outside of Canada and waited in Canada but the processing took longer than I had expected. I applied for an extension of my status as a visitor and I received the approval of my extension after I had received a positive result of my working visa application. Since I can not go out and bring my passport to get my visa, I sent my passport and the immigration office sent me back my passport with my work visa. I was given a work visa until 2012. So I thought I could stay and finish my required two years within that time period.

I did not know what to do with the instructions that came with my passport and visa because I was already in Canada. I kept looking at websites on where to go after I had received my paper but I found no enlightenment where to go. I went to meet with my employer but with the change in the economy she can not employ me anymore. So what I did was looked for another employer because the website said that I can change employer. I was able to find one but the guidelines of the labor market opinion application for caregivers has changed and it took so long for all the requirements to finish. Is there anything I can do now? Can I still go out and get my previous work permit? I am frantic. Please help me.