+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP URGENT

KashifM.

Oct 26, 2014
Hello there!!
My wife sponsored me two years ago. My Medical was done and everything was going smooth. Later this month, to my surprise, I received an email from Canadian Immigration authority claiming I failed to appear in interview in March. According to them another interview call was sent in June via mail and in that too I didn't appear. So, they refused my case. In that mail, they have admitted that they are satisfied with the bona fides of our marriage. Now, the problem is we have NEVER received any sort of interview letter in past few months otherwise why wouldn't I appear? I consulted few lawyers who believe the case might turn out to be positive if appealed since they are satisfied with the legitimacy of our marriage but according to them it is not a standard case. Meanwhile, during all these months and years, we have been corresponding with the Immigration Department for updates in our case and they have replied to few mails as well telling us that our interview is in queue. Has anyone ever gone through such case?? Can you guys help me with what shall I do in this regard??

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
go to the sponsor's Member of Parliament (MP) and have them inquire on your behalf. they may be able to help get your file reopened, though ti's not guaranteed. At this point, that's really your only choice besides appealing (which is long and expensive) or reapplying again.

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
thats really bad of them when they replied to u that ur in interview que they must let u know about interview date as welll,,,,

do u mind telling me which visa office is dealing ur case

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would also add please apply for GCMS or AITP notes...that will give you a good idea about what the VO thinks about your case and also initimate why VO needed the interview.

Also talk to your MP regarding your case...

good luck..

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reading in this forum, i gathered, the prime reason for interview is to check marriage genuineness in case of family spousal sponsorship..

are there any other reasons?
criminal background or misrepresentations..could be..

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not asking about this particular case....i am asking in general..

sjcec01 said:
reading in this forum, i gathered, the prime reason for interview is to check marriage genuineness in case of family spousal sponsorship..

are there any other reasons?
criminal background or misrepresentations..could be..