+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help on Student Visa and Admission Acceptance

Jul 1, 2014
Hi

I need some help from people here. Recently I met with a consultant, and according to him my chances of getting into a good University for MBA is very low. He suggested me to join some community colleges and do PG Diploma. I am not sure if I'd go for that. I am also not sure how are job prospects with a not so reputed college pg diploma degree. I have taken GMAT in June and scored 700 and IELTS 7.0, with no band less than 6.5. I had failed in a few subjects back in my Engineering days due to serious family problem. Parents had a tough time and that impacted my study and till 4th Semester, my academics were not in a sound state. However I managed to pull through after 4th sem and didn't fail in any but 1 subject later till 8th semester. Had one backlog in 5th Semester but cleared it the very next attempt. I didn't take a single day more to complete my graduation and finished it in the specified time of 4 years.

Members of this forum, please let me know if I have a good chance of getting Visa. Also I want your help to know if I have a good chance in some good and reputed Universities in Canada for MBA or Master's in Business.

My profile goes like this,

Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me....
• B.Tech in Biotechnology with a CGPA of 7.4/10 from one of the top 10 Universities in India. The bad part is I had a few backlogs in my engineering. (Failed in 6 subjects, Missed 2 exams, and 4 Failed attempts to clear the Failed papers. So in case they count attempts taken to clear the paper then it is 12 :()
• X-88% and XII-62%
• Work Exp 4 years
• GMAT 700
• IELTS 7.0 (With no band less than 6.5)

4 Years in an IT company as a Resource Manager, where my role was “Unit Lead Resource Manager”. I was involved in recruitment, staffing and coordinating manpower planning, resource allocation & deployment . Basically I was an HR without an MBA. I was also in to Talent Management and Talent Development.

Thank You in advance.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Consultants will always prefer colleges PG diploma as they get some commission out of them. Your Gmat score of 700 is really good to get in a well reputed university MBA. You have high chances. Go ahead with MBA admission in university

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
I think can sail through without fuss. Apply in vancouver island university. Thompson rivers Brock university and Capilano , also royal roads Master of mgmt is not a bad option. Capilano and brock are the better ones. You have all chances of university. Pg is not for you, i repeat NOT FOR YOU. You have some good scores out there and you ill get in a univ.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
@abhinavcherian

Check your Inbox.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
Hi Abhinav,

I appreciate you for scoring 700 GMAT :eek:, a big salute to you. Coz i know the pain of not scoring well in GMAT.

Before to take a step towards PGD , i suggest you to drop a note to all the univ's which offer MBA in canada and check with them on your case and eligibility.

You have 4 years work ex, High GMAT score, exposure to industry , bro then why are you thinking of PGD ?

Shoot an email to Brock, SFU, Haskyne, Sobey's , WLU, Uvic, UNB, Reyrson, check with them all.

Trust me all of them would respond you on your eligibility. do not just go by what consultant say, use them just for paper work thats it.

They are of no use , except for paper work and saving courier charges.

Cheers,
Bharath

Jul 1, 2014
Hi Bharath

Thank you for replying and helping. Sure, I will shoot some emails to officials of the universities and check, but do you mean I should tell them about my backlogs and ask if they are okay with it?

What do you mean by "Use them only for paper work"? Is there anyone who can only help me with Visa application?

And yes, I have mark sheets that says "F" next to the subjects. In transcript they mention the date and year of passing. It's like Anna University pattern if you know how they produce mark sheets and transcript.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
I meant to use consultants for Visa processing.

Does your transcripts say you are failed in completing undergrad ? or just failed and cleared later?

I mean did you clear undergrad finally and received a degree or not ?

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Apply for MBA in a good university, you will get the admission on the basis of your experience in HR. All the best.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
1. Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario
2. Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Canada
3. McGill Faculty of Management, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4. Sauder School of Business, Univ of British Colombia, Vancouver, Canada
5. Queen's School of Business, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
6. Simon Fraser Univ, Faculty of Bus Admin, Burnaby, B.C., Canada
7. University of New Brunswick MBA, Saint John
8. University of Calgary, Haskayne School of Business, Alberta
9. Faculty of Business, University of Victoria, British Colombia
10. Michael G. DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Ontorio

Reach out to all them and present your case, and see what they have to say and then take a call to go to PGD or Masters.

Jul 1, 2014
Hi Bharath

No, the mark sheets and transcript just say I failed in 6 subjects during the 4 years of Engineering and cleared them. I didn't take more than 4 years and 8 semesters to complete the engineering. However in mark sheets I have F written next to 12 subjects since I took 6 extra attempts to clear those 6 papers.

I received my graduation degree like others in the very same convocation and passed with "First Class" with 7.35/10.

So the consultants will help only with visa? How much do they charge generally any idea?

And thank you very much dude for the list. I will mail them and then let you know their response.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
I think that shouldnt be a problem man. coz you finished your Graduation and cleared them all at the end.

However present your case briefly and check. Dont give up without trying hard, you would obviously need to look for Jan/ sep intake next year.

So give a shot and see. All the best.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
You have wide options based on your work exp and GMAT, why just look for canada. try US, AUS, UK, SINGAPORE. IIM's, Man. 7.5/10 is also not bad.

An MBA from TOP Bschool will however fetch you Job. so do not worry on Job.

If i was in your place, i would look for Univ's across globe which fits my budget and has a decent rank and reach out to them all and see who is ready to accept me.

All the best.!

Cheers,
B