+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help: Employment while waiting for PR issue

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
So this started off as unclear information on CIC page again. It says that the valid job offer is for in case you do receive your PR.

I am about to get ITA and I have my whole application ready to be submitted straight away. I got enough points to get ITA because I am currently employed on a work permit based on a LMIA and I got a valid job offer from the same employer for the next year in case I get my PR. Now my work with this employer will be done by the end of October and I was counting on a bridging open work permit to get me through the winter working other jobs until I get my PR and start working full time with same employer in April. My lawyer had to look up the law (you can't find it on CIC page) and told me that not continuing to work for the same employer full time, even after I will have submitted my PR application, will brake the rules and I will loose my admissibility points. She said that my case is so rare that she believes most CIC people probably wouldn't even pick up on that. But she still advises me against doing it.

Can I have some opinions on that?

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
Re: Issue Working ONLY for employers other then the one you get your job offer from?

Also, if I do need to stay with the same employer until I get PR, would it be enough if I worked for them only part-time and part-time for other employers? I really hope someone has encountered similar situation before. This is making me really nervous.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you're planning is not a possibility.

If you're currently working in the job that you have an LMIA for, you need to continue working that job until your application has been processed.
You must continue to meet all the terms of the work contract the LMIA was based on; if the LMIA is for a full-time position (which it surely must be), then must continue working full-time.

If you have a job offer for next year, then you need an LMIA based on that job, not the job you currently have (even if they are the same job).

mukson

Sep 7, 2016
An old thread led me to this site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Check this chapter: Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted

It looks like you only need to meet the conditions of your CRS score until you submit eAPR. After that the only thing that can get affected by a change of conditions is a score for your program. Loosing a LMIA supported job after I submit eAPR would thus cause me to loose 10 points. I would be 2 points under program requirement. I am now trying to determine whether my common-law partner's over year of experience in unskilled position would give me 5 points that I would need in that case.