+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help & Advice for my mother Visitor Status Restoration Application Refusal!

kamsum

Feb 7, 2022
My mother is 81 year old and here in Canada on visitor visa twice time I got visitor record application approval, due to covid Restriction in travel and my mother health condition I applied for Visitor Record again and this time it has been refused and I received below mention refusal letter.

Therefore, you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored. Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Visitor Record is also refused. You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you

This is second time I am looking advise from Canadavisa honourable members.

Sir I have question that my mother is sick living with my brother in Canada she has a valid UK visit visa and suppose to visit UK but due to uncontrollable situation she is not able to travel. I am Canadian Citizen and due to wife job commitment, I am here in UK with family but due to wife ankle injury I stuck here in UK and not able to bring my mother even my mother UK accommodation and Mother UK visa is already arranged.
Due to the circumstance, I am applying my mother restoration status reconsideration application.

My question should I explain all circumstance in restoration status application and provide my mother valid UK visa evidence and mention my wife ankle injury and I am out of Canada.

What points I have to mention for restoration status application,

I am doing this exercise just to restore my mother case for two reason, First save her from problem in future for Canada entry she has a valid multiple Canada visa up to 2024 and second I will get few months to overcome my wife injury and able to travel and bring my mother in UK.

Need Help & Advice! Thanks in advance all of you for your advice!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mother is 81 year old and here in Canada on visitor visa twice time I got visitor record application approval, due to covid Restriction in travel and my mother health condition I applied for Visitor Record again and this time it has been refused and I received below mention refusal letter.

Therefore, you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored. Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Visitor Record is also refused. You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you

This is second time I am looking advise from Canadavisa honourable members.

Sir I have question that my mother is sick living with my brother in Canada she has a valid UK visit visa and suppose to visit UK but due to uncontrollable situation she is not able to travel. I am Canadian Citizen and due to wife job commitment, I am here in UK with family but due to wife ankle injury I stuck here in UK and not able to bring my mother even my mother UK accommodation and Mother UK visa is already arranged.
Due to the circumstance, I am applying my mother restoration status reconsideration application.

My question should I explain all circumstance in restoration status application and provide my mother valid UK visa evidence and mention my wife ankle injury and I am out of Canada.

What points I have to mention for restoration status application,

I am doing this exercise just to restore my mother case for two reason, First save her from problem in future for Canada entry she has a valid multiple Canada visa up to 2024 and second I will get few months to overcome my wife injury and able to travel and bring my mother in UK.

Need Help & Advice! Thanks in advance all of you for your advice!
I would mention the fact that your mother has a UK visa and will be traveling there as soon as you are able to come to Canada and then accompany her to the UK. I would recommend showing proof that you have already booked a flight for this travel in the future. Otherwise this argument will likely feel quite weak given this is your mother's third extension already and given she's traveling to another country where she will have temporary status vs. returning to her home country.

You can mention your wife's injury as well. I would be a bit careful about how you mention this so that IRCC doesn't feel this amounts to taking care of your wife as a caregiver.

In terms of re-entering Canada in the future, you'll actually most likely have a stronger case if your mother leaves now vs. applying to restore her status. If restoration is approved, this doesn't eliminate the fact she was refused previously. That's still on her record. The main issue with returning in the future will be how much time she has spent in Canada previously. Once your mother leaves Canada, I would recommend she remain outside of Canada for at least a year before returning.

Reactions: kamsum

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that a valid visa doesn’t guarantee admission into Canada so even if she has a valid visa she can be denied entry at the border which is why it would be best to leave now. There are services that will bring your mother to the plane and bring her to the arrivals area at the UK airport. What about other family members who can accompany her?

kamsum

Feb 7, 2022
Thanks for reply @canuck78 and @scylla.
I counsel my mother and try to explain that if you leave Canada, it will better for you to re-enter Canada in future.
Only thing is that my mother is sick and weak, she cannot travel alone due to my mother age factor and want to spend some time with my brother and due to her desire and health condition I am thinking to apply reconsideration restoration status application and mention about her UK Valid visa with airplane ticket (as per your Advice).
Please @canuck78 and @scylla if you have further advice, kindly share with me. May God give you return back! Thanks again for your time and reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply @canuck78 and @scylla.
I counsel my mother and try to explain that if you leave Canada, it will better for you to re-enter Canada in future.
Only thing is that my mother is sick and weak, she cannot travel alone due to my mother age factor and want to spend some time with my brother and due to her desire and health condition I am thinking to apply reconsideration restoration status application and mention about her UK Valid visa with airplane ticket (as per your Advice).
Please @canuck78 and @scylla if you have further advice, kindly share with me. May God give you return back! Thanks again for your time and reply
Proof that she has health insurance to cover her while in Canada would also be something you should include. Would expect that there is a high likelihood of rejection so she is just buying some time but should be using the time to prepare to leave Canada. If she only has a visitor visa to remain in the UK she is also not guaranteed admission into the UK so you need to have a longterm plan in case she is also unable to remain inCanada or the UK.

kamsum

Feb 7, 2022
Proof that she has health insurance to cover her while in Canada would also be something you should include. Would expect that there is a high likelihood of rejection so she is just buying some time but should be using the time to prepare to leave Canada. If she only has a visitor visa to remain in the UK she is also not guaranteed admission into the UK so you need to have a longterm plan in case she is also unable to remain inCanada or the UK.
Yes, sir for doing all this exercise to get some time and will able to accompany her travel.

Our plan if she get some time during reconsideration restoration application process, after that she will travel back to her mother country and will stay at least 1 years. No plan to travel UK , I just want to show in restoration application UK visa as evidence and want to mention she is not traveling to UK even have a valid UK visa due to her health condition.
Thanks again for your reply and time! God bless on you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, sir for doing all this exercise to get some time and will able to accompany her travel.

Our plan if she get some time during reconsideration restoration application process, after that she will travel back to her mother country and will stay at least 1 years. No plan to travel UK , I just want to show in restoration application UK visa as evidence and want to mention she is not traveling to UK even have a valid UK visa due to her health condition.
Thanks again for your reply and time! God bless on you!
The UK visa doesn’t help. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish by showing the UK visa. What is important is he home country.