+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Guidance on SDS Program process

Amnark

Mar 7, 2017
Dear Members,

can anyone please help me apply for SDS Program (step-wise process) I am a total newbie and i really don't want to get it done through consultants as they always mess up the cases instead of solid application submission. My profile is as under:
MBA Exec. (Marketing) 2012 - CGPA 2,94
Experienced Professional: 15 Years (In the field of Telecommunication and Banking)
Married but applying as a single applicant.

Please help.

Thanks

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Dear Members,

can anyone please help me apply for SDS Program (step-wise process) I am a total newbie and i really don't want to get it done through consultants as they always mess up the cases instead of solid application submission. My profile is as under:
MBA Exec. (Marketing) 2012 - CGPA 2,94
Experienced Professional: 15 Years (In the field of Telecommunication and Banking)
Married but applying as a single applicant.

Please help.

Thanks
  1. Appear for IELTS (needed for school and SP application)
  2. Once you get your IELTS result, apply at your uni/college of choice
  3. After getting accepted, pay 1 year fee upfront
  4. Do upfront medical
  5. Arrange for your GIC deposit of $10K
  6. Apply for SP online.
  7. Depending on country where applying, you will get the specific checklist for the steps and documents required.
HTH!

Amnark

Mar 7, 2017
Thank you for your response, need clarity on the following:

Does general Ielts suffice or I need to do academic IELTS in any case and what is the required band for academic IELTS?
Where to do GIC deposit?
what is SP?

Regards,

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for your response, need clarity on the following:

Does general Ielts suffice or I need to do academic IELTS in any case and what is the required band for academic IELTS?
Where to do GIC deposit?
what is SP?

Regards,
Either academic or general is OK. For SDS, you need at least a 6 for each module. See this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

For GIC, the link above also lists the banks that meets the IRCC criteria.

SP is Study Permit.