Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
so that means, if i will include my partner in my application, she will travel with me to Canada if ever I will be approved?

But still, I need to gather required docs as proof for common law partnership if i will include her in my application (such as letters, bills etc...). am i right @prpurohit?

Correct, if you include her it automatically means that both and applying for PR together. It's just that you will be a primary applicant and she will be a secondary applicant. Both of you will have to get medicals and PCC done. Secondary applicant can also help improve your score by getting ECA and giving IELTS. Both of you will receive independent PR card at the end of you get approved.

Yes you will have to provide proof of common law relationship as per this web link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

The letters are not required as those are for the sponsorship process.

MalvarE

Feb 24, 2019
Ei Bro? I believe you need at least a letter from you parents as well as from her side.. apart from that start taking all your old messages.. i was also applying same issue as yours..

ajemon

Aug 24, 2019
hi
i need an advise me and partner were together for 3 years in philippines, when i move to canada with my parents we have been separated. what is the chance i could get him here? what process is suitable to sponsor him? thank you and Godbless.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
hi
i need an advise me and partner were together for 3 years in philippines, when i move to canada with my parents we have been separated. what is the chance i could get him here? what process is suitable to sponsor him? thank you and Godbless.
For Family Class Sponsorships:

See page 26 of this document if you used to live together or pages 31-32 if you never have: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf#page26

Either way, you will need to prove the authenticity of your relationship.

ajemon

Aug 24, 2019

See page 26 of this document if you used to live together or pages 31-32 if you never have: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf#page26

does anyone here tried the conjugal or common law pathway? how is the chance of success on it??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi
Did you and your partner live together for at least one year before immigrating?

does anyone here tried the conjugal or common law pathway? how is the chance of success on it??
What are your legal and immigration barriers preventing you from becoming common-law or getting married?

ajemon

Aug 24, 2019
Did you and your partner live together for at least one year before immigrating?
- we live in one place but that is his parent house so what kind of proof do you suggest were gonna submit?

ajemon

Aug 24, 2019
- we live in one place but that is his parent house so what kind of proof do you suggest were gonna submit?
i have question? do i need to change my status (single to common law status) in order to qualified in common law sponsorship? thanks for the help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Again, did you live together for at least a year before you became a PR?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
we live in one place but that is his parent house so what kind of proof do you suggest were gonna submit?
If you read those pages in that document I shared, you’ll have an idea of the documents you can use to establish the authenticity of your relationship.

I heard from our friend (who consults on immigration for Filipinos) that conjugal relationships are tricky to prove and get approval for.

For common law, you need to prove cohabitation.

Buddy, read the guide so you understand what applies to your situation. That PDF is highly informative. Get informed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yes but we dont have our own house as we live together with his ( my partner) family.
Big problem. You were common-law when you landed as a PR. That was misrepresentation because being in a common-law relationship, you didn't qualify as a dependent of your parent. It also means that your partner is excluded from the Family Class, meaning you can never sponsor him.

Yollzie

Feb 24, 2020
hello, guys. i badly need your advice on this. i have a girlfriend for 8yrs now. we lived together under one roof in the philipines for 2 years and 6 years here in Dubai (up to this date, July 03, 2018). And, I am planning to apply as a Permanent Resident very soon in Canada.

These are my questions:
1. Should I include her under my PR application (Express Entry) as my common law partner? if so, what should be the required documents. We only have old and present photos and love letters to prove. sweet posts to each other and comments from friends in social media.

2. If i will include her in my PR application as my common law partner, what are the pros and cons? how many months should I wait to be with her in Canada? do i still need to apply TRV for her if she is under my visa as my common law partner and marry her in Canada?

3. If I will include my brother in my PR application, would it cause problem for us in the future? because my brother is currently on a PR visa in Canada and if I will include him in my application I would benefit additional points in my PR application.

This really bothers me a lot. I want to work and migrate in Canada but I cannot leave without my gf. we are not used to be away from each other.

Please help me. Thank you very much.
How’s the progress of your application? Is it approved?