+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice on situation

deediane

Feb 21, 2012
Hello, Im new to this site and have been reading through it faithfully everyday......my situation is as follows.... my husband came to canada in aug 2010 and went on refugee in oct 2010 with being told to appy for it and he could get a sin number to work.....him being unaware of the outcome of this status did that.... he was denied refugee in feb 2011, he then moved in with me, obtained a full time job, he was approached by an officer when walking down the street asked for his name, he provided it and was then told there was a warrant out for his arrest by immigration...he was then taken to a detention center and was held for 6 days where i had to provide a 3000 dollar bind for him...he was told that the warrant was issued because he did not change his address-which we did on feb 20th 2011 when he was at his hearing...he was told that he needed to have his address changed with the CBSA as well and that was why they issued the warrant (doesnt make sense to me when he had no dealings with them what so ever)....after being release he went back to work and was required he had to call in once a month for a check in....he was then given the praa application and we filled it out in oct 2011.....we married on dec 3rd 2011 and sent in our sponsership papers in jan 2012. we got a letter for attend a meeting for the praa which was denied and was told he had to leave by mar 8th 2012. we went a week later with his ticket and he is leaving I am heart broken here and dont know what to do next..........

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I'm sorry to hear he has been having problems.
What country is he from?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Did he apply inland? That is, did you send his sponsorship application to Vegreville? If he did, when he leaves the application becomes void. You and he can reapply outland.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Since it is outland I suppose they will just keep processing his application. Keep gathering evidence that your relationship is genuine; especially make sure to document your communication with each other - emails, Skype records, letters and cards, phone bills - call each other using a calling card company that will provide you with a record of the number called, or use a landline.

deediane

Feb 21, 2012
we will.....i have a question tho.....he needs to apply for a arc at port of spain....now will they wait for our papers to be complete or can we request this right away so he can come back to canada for visits?.....also he has a job here and his boss is willing to hold his position for him as well.....could we use that to our advantage?