+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice: Non-accompanying spouse/child in EE profile!

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
Need advice!

My CRS score difference is ~14 between accompanying and non-accompanying spouse. Now, Open Work Permit will be expiring Sep 2025 for both.

Currently primary applicant is in Canada and spouse + Canadian Born Citizen daughter are outside Canada and hence non-accompanying the main applicant.

What if I first put my file alone with spouse as non-accompanying and sure to add daughter also. Then Hopefully get ITA, file for BOWP and then extend spouse's SOWP.

And after I get my PR apply for spouse PR will that work? is it allowed ? is there any misrepresentation possibility here?

Any CRS point benefit by having a Canadian citizen child?

Or should just apply together and get PR together.

Appreciate any guidance/help on this. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And after I get my PR apply for spouse PR will that work? is it allowed ? is there any misrepresentation possibility here?
Or should just apply together and get PR together.
First part is perfectly normal and happens all the time; not even a whiff of misrepresentation.

I believe in some cases people have changed their spouses from non-acc to accompanying later in the process - I don't know if that affects the EE points part or if it matters at that stage, or if they look at what the draw cut-off was or what.

Reactions: Darsh007

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
First part is perfectly normal and happens all the time; not even a whiff of misrepresentation.

I believe in some cases people have changed their spouses from non-acc to accompanying later in the process - I don't know if that affects the EE points part or if it matters at that stage, or if they look at what the draw cut-off was or what.
Thanks for the response.

So, if non-accompany then spouse won't get PR at the same time the main applicant get it(Give selected based on CRS). Correct? If yes, then do we need to follow separate/specific process to get PR for the spouse later?

Just want to streamline the process as hassle-free as possible(again depending on CRS score and selection)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response.

So, if non-accompany then spouse won't get PR at the same time the main applicant get it(Give selected based on CRS). Correct? If yes, then do we need to follow separate/specific process to get PR for the spouse later?

Just want to streamline the process as hassle-free as possible(again depending on CRS score and selection)
Correct. Non accompanying spouse will not get PR at the same time. You will need to submit a completely separate spousal sponsorship application which will take around a year to process. This involves a whole new set of forms, new fees, etc. You must be living in Canada to qualify to sponsor your spouse.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the response.

Correct. Note the delays and separate application, new meds, etc.

As I mentioned, I do not know the EE process well and under what circumstances you can switch the non-accompanying to accompanying. For you going through on your own, the primary "MUST" is that you must declare your spouse as accompanying or not accompanying.

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
Correct. Non accompanying spouse will not get PR at the same time. You will need to submit a completely separate spousal sponsorship application which will take around a year to process. This involves a whole new set of forms, new fees, etc. You must be living in Canada to qualify to sponsor your spouse.
Correct. Note the delays and separate application, new meds, etc.

As I mentioned, I do not know the EE process well and under what circumstances you can switch the non-accompanying to accompanying. For you going through on your own, the primary "MUST" is that you must declare your spouse as accompanying or not accompanying.

Thanks both of you.

So, by that understood is - accompany means both get PR as long as Primary applicant got it regardless they live together in Canada or not. Correct?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks both of you.

So, by that understood is - accompany means both get PR as long as Primary applicant got it regardless they live together in Canada or not. Correct?
Accompany means they both become PRs as part of the same process - the dependent 'accompanies' the principal applicant in that process.

The language still refers to it this way basically just because that's the way it used to work, physically accompanying one another.

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
Accompany means they both become PRs as part of the same process - the dependent 'accompanies' the principal applicant in that process.

The language still refers to it this way basically just because that's the way it used to work, physically accompanying one another.
What would be best to do in such situations?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What would be best to do in such situations?
Read carefully what was written above and check about the EE aspects. This is the wrong forum.

I don't know what they do with recalculating points or if they do if you convert a spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying.