karan gulati

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
hii nandini09 from ur converstions implies u hv vast knowledge abt NAIT
here is my profile i applied for jan2014 intake on 16th august
1. 10th-85.6%
2.12th-86.2%
3.IELTS-6.5 bands
i applied for electronics engineering technology ..plz guide my after how many weeks(apprx)i cn get my offer letter.....it's urgent...i m in gr8 depression seeing long processing time of NAIT

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
I applied on 23rd June and still didn't receive offer letter. So you can expect a long wait too.please keep a back up.

Justin-engineer

Aug 17, 2013
Manitoba- Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xecuter said:
I graduated from NAIT. Great school!!

Good luck all!!!
hey congratulations on graduating from NAIT !!
what is the name of the course that you attended at nait ??
and have you got any job or job offers ?

thanks in advance !1

IAmABelieverOfPeace

Aug 10, 2013
xecuter said:
I graduated from NAIT. Great school!!

Good luck all!!!
Hey man...yeah congrat!
What can you say about the school that almost everyone I know wants to go to.
NAIT claims they have high application volumes...I have been surprised that such high number of students want to go there.
Kindly, tell us the special things happening at NAIT. Why is the school so specially desired by many?
Much cheers...

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Justin-engineer said:
hey congratulations on graduating from NAIT !!
what is the name of the course that you attended at nait ??
and have you got any job or job offers ?

thanks in advance !1
I studied Business Admin.-Accounting.

There should be no problem finding a job after graduation. I work for one of the largest banks and salary is a little over a $100k but of course each one is different. I had prior banking experience before enrolling at NAIT.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IAmABelieverOfPeace said:
Hey man...yeah congrat!
What can you say about the school that almost everyone I know wants to go to.
NAIT claims they have high application volumes...I have been surprised that such high number of students want to go there.
Kindly, tell us the special things happening at NAIT. Why is the school so specially desired by many?
Much cheers...
As I said the school is great and instructors are very easy going. I did not enroll in the full time program. I chose the continuing education program which offered courses in the evening and online. All I needed was to enroll in three courses each semester to be considered a full time student.

I know rules have changed now for international students (ie. you can no longer register for online courses). Edmonton is a great city in terms of cost of living if you don't mind the cold weather. I now live in Calgary and it is much more expensive than Edmonton.

The hiring rate of NAIT graduates is high. It is a very respectable school and you can always work on campus on day one. I remember my first job on campus was like two weeks after I started the program. I was working as a TOEFL proctor on the weekends because this is when TOEFL was offered. After my first six months, I applied for the OCWP and worked several jobs through recruitment agencies.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer you.

Cheers

IAmABelieverOfPeace

Aug 10, 2013
xecuter said:
As I said the school is great and instructors are very easy going. I did not enroll in the full time program. I chose the continuing education program which offered courses in the evening and online. All I needed was to enroll in three courses each semester to be considered a full time student.

I know rules have changed now for international students (ie. you can no longer register for online courses). Edmonton is a great city in terms of cost of living if you don't mind the cold weather. I now live in Calgary and it is much more expensive than Edmonton.

The hiring rate of NAIT graduates is high. It is a very respectable school and you can always work on campus on day one. I remember my first job on campus was like two weeks after I started the program. I was working as a TOEFL proctor on the weekends because this is when TOEFL was offered. After my first six months, I applied for the OCWP and worked several jobs through recruitment agencies.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer you.

Cheers
Wow! This is a very comprehensive response you have given. Thank you.
I am still waiting for NAIT since. They made an assessment of my transcript since mid-July and no offer yet.
I think the processing is pretty much snailly (if there is any word like that? )
What do you think?

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
I am still waiting for NAIT since. They made an assessment of my transcript since mid-July and no offer yet.
I think the processing is pretty much snailly (if there is any word like that? )
What do you think?
Hey did you try to contact them??

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
I paid for assessment a week before. And it shows in portal that they are working on my evaluation. ..due date mentioned as 3rd Sept.
Do u have any back up?

IAmABelieverOfPeace

Aug 10, 2013
navkaur said:
I paid for assessment a week before. And it shows in portal that they are working on my evaluation. ..due date mentioned as 3rd Sept.
Do u have any back up?
Did you check the info box for the due date mentioned (detail info in the yellow box).
Is it due date for Admission decision or for Assessment?

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you think?
If you guys are applying for a 2 year Business Diploma, I would highly recommend that you apply for the continuing education program and not full time studies. This way you can pay $3,500 to NAIT as deposit and get your acceptance letter within a couple of days which is much faster than the regular full time admission policy. That's what I did!!

Also note you can always change your program from continuing education to full time once you are in Canada. So the benefit would be getting the acceptance letter much faster and applying for student visa early!!!

Continuing education program will offer you classes at night and not in the morning and I found this to be very convenient. At the end you will get the exact same diploma and qualification.

Cheers

karan gulati

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
xecuter said:
If you guys are applying for a 2 year Business Diploma, I would highly recommend that you apply for the continuing education program and not full time studies. This way you can pay $3,500 to NAIT as deposit and get your acceptance letter within a couple of days which is much faster than the regular full time admission policy. That's what I did!!

Also note you can always change your program from continuing education to full time once you are in Canada. So the benefit would be getting the acceptance letter much faster and applying for student visa early!!!

Continuing education program will offer you classes at night and not in the morning and I found this to be very convenient. At the end you will get the exact same diploma and qualification.

Cheers
is this applicable to to the engineering applicants