+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

rtpajan

Jun 12, 2016
will experience letter from previous employers work?

I am really confused! My husband and I both will be moving to canada and I am the primary applicant. we both have more than 7 yrs exp and have joined multiple companies till now.
1. Do we both need a new reference letter from each of the employer we have worked for with all the details like ~include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
~show all positions held while employed at the company
~include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

2. will experience letter that we receive on last working day suffice and Current employer can provide these details??

Please help!!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
1) Yes
2) No, unless it includes all CIC requirements

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Quick question, guys!!

1- One of my reference letter fulfills CIC's requirements, except duties and responsibilites, which they said is against their policy. I have no colleagues, supervisors, left in that setup any more. How should I go about this problem?

2- My other reference mentions everything except work hours per week. I have a colleague working there still, but at that time we were both same level employees, like he wasn't a 'senior' colleague back then, he is; now, btw.
Should I get a notarized letter in which he states the work hours? Wouldn't it look stupid, only one line mentioning work hours? Everything else is mentioned in my reference letter.

Thanking in anticipation.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Escobar Gaviria said:
Quick question, guys!!

1- One of my reference letter fulfills CIC's requirements, except duties and responsibilites, which they said is against their policy. I have no colleagues, supervisors, left in that setup any more. How should I go about this problem?

2- My other reference mentions everything except work hours per week. I have a colleague working there still, but at that time we were both same level employees, like he wasn't a 'senior' colleague back then, he is; now, btw.
Should I get a notarized letter in which he states the work hours? Wouldn't it look stupid, only one line mentioning work hours? Everything else is mentioned in my reference letter.

Escobar Gaviria said:
Quick question, guys!!

For second company, why don't you get everything from that colleague instead just getting hours and submit both letters? For company 1, you'll somehow have to arrange responsibilities letter. Otherwise that experience won't be counted for points.

Chaithu

Mar 25, 2017
I worked in 2 different organizations for 2 years each. For 2 years, I worked in an IT company through a consultancy on contract basis and then got permanent after a year, but was there only for a month after converting to permanent role.
Now I am confused whether I need to get employement reference letter from my consultancy or from the client location where I worked ? My consultancy were not aware of what is my job role at the client location. I am sure that I can get employee reference letter from my client location manager.

Is anyone in same situation ?

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
The CIC website says that a reference letter must include annual salary plus benefits. My reference letter for this part reads as follows:

Mr. **** worked for 45 hours a week for our company and his earnings were approximately $1200 CDN per month.

Is it OK that it gives monthly salary instead of annual? and uses the word approximately for the amount of salary? and that gives the amount in CDN while the real amount was in a foreign currency?

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
DEEPCUR said:
For second company, why don't you get everything from that colleague instead just getting hours and submit both letters? For company 1, you'll somehow have to arrange responsibilities letter. Otherwise that experience won't be counted for points.
Thanks, Deepcur.

For question 2 - Yes, I am going to do that, BUT the friend wasn't a 'senior' colleague per say. He held the same designation as me. He still works there, at a more senior position. Would that be okay?

For 1 - I've tried to get it by all means, but unfortunately to no avail. I have the appointment letter, the reference letter, which has everything except duties and responsibilties. Here is the twist in this though, the position was
Resident Medical Officer (RMO), I have worked as RMO at 2 other places as well, whose ref letter mentions everything. RMOs perfrom same duties all over the country.

Now, considering this, would a self declaration for duties and responsiblities suffice?

Showkat

Mar 26, 2017
In Reference Letter, is it required to mention annual salary in equivalent CAD or local currency is also acceptable?

Kimiirawrrs

Feb 4, 2017
Hi there

I've tried to look for someone with a similar situation. I received my ITA in the most recent draw and am now thinking of how I should go about getting the reference letter. Here is my previous work experience that I will be claiming points for:

I was doing a contract role (full time position) with company A. However, I got hired by a recruitment agency. Hence, my contract letter is by the recruitment agency. Likewise, my salary is paid by the recruitment agency. Is it okay if I get confirmation letter from the recruitment agency that I worked in company A for the period and $xxx amount as my salary. As for job description and responsibilities, can I get it a reference letter from a senior and/or direct reporting officer and attach their business cards?

I'm merely a contract staff and not direct hire. I do not have a company pass or any business cards. I hope that's fine.

Also, if I'm able to get pay slips, do I have to attach payslips of the full year which I work under the contract?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. ;)

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey
Guys

I was checking my work history section of my application profile and there's one thing that has clouded my mind with doubts:
I have added all my past experience details in hospitals where I have worked for before, however in my current hospital where I am currently working my designation has changed from physiotherapist to sr physiotherapist.

So while filling the work history section do I have to add my work experience with my current employment as a physiotherapist from date 2011 to 2015 and then again as a senior physiotherapist from 2015 to current ? OR do I just create one work history with my current employment as my job title Sr physiotherapist from 2011 to current ?

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cavemen said:
Hey
Guys

I was checking my work history section of my application profile and there's one thing that has clouded my mind with doubts:
I have added all my past experience details in hospitals where I have worked for before, however in my current hospital where I am currently working my designation has changed from physiotherapist to sr physiotherapist.

So while filling the work history section do I have to add my work experience with my current employment as a physiotherapist from date 2011 to 2015 and then after promotion as a senior physiotherapist from 2015 to current ? OR do I just create one work history with my current employment as my job title Sr physiotherapist from 2011 to current ?
anyone ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cavemen said:
Hey
Guys

So while filling the work history section do I have to add my work experience with my current employment as a physiotherapist from date 2011 to 2015 and then again as a senior physiotherapist from 2015 to current ? OR do I just create one work history with my current employment as my job title Sr physiotherapist from 2011 to current ?
Assuming the NOC is the same for both positions then a single entry will suffice.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Tcs does provide responsibilities letter. The letter has standard template. It'll just contain responsibilities, last designation and your start end dates. They allow five points to be added in the letter. You should write an email to corporate.ffs@tcs.com asking for skill letter letting them know that you are applying Canadian pr. They will reply with template along with your last supervisor email. You need to fill the template, send it to your supervisor they mentioned and he need to approve it and send it an email id. Once they do that, you'll get the letter in letterhead. Don't write or ask to any specific hr as they will not know this policy or whatsoever. Write to that email id.

You'd still need another letter from your previous supervisor as the above letter won't contain hours per week, salary, and other designations held. You can get that in a plain paper and notarize it. Go back to this thread for further info on supervisor letter.
Hello my friend, what if my supervisor isn't supportive of what I plan to do? I'm certain my supervisor wont approve the request for such letter and so this route may not be useful to me.

I'd like to know if what our friend suggested would work. Sending an email to a colleague requesting him to provide the responsibilities back. ALl in TCS mail and attach it to LOE. Would we still need notarization in this case?

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Assuming the NOC is the same for both positions then a single entry will suffice.
Thanks a lot DelPiero07, I can always count on you for a reply :)

Yes the NOC is the same for both and my reference letter does mentions my duties and responsibilities as a physiotherapist and then adds more duties and responsibilities as as senior physiotherapist like the following :

Details of her employment are as follows:
• Date of joining: 1st April 2011
• Designation: Senior Physiotherapist
• Duration: 1st May 2014 to current
• Type of Employment:
• Hours of Work:
• Department: Physiotherapy
• Reporting to:
• Annual Gross Income (INR):

Previous Designations:
• Designation: Physiotherapist
• Duration: 1st April 2011 to 30th April 2014
• Type of Employment:
• Hours of Work:
• Department: Physiotherapy
• Reporting to:
• Annual Gross Income (INR):

Her main duties and responsibilities as a Physiotherapist are:

As a Senior Physiotherapist, Her duties and responsibilities in addition to the above mentioned ones are:

So I am going ahead with updating a single entry and adding this format of the above reference letter. I hope this is alright ?

One more thing is there a way to give you a +1 rating or do I just say +1 ? However you have +10 from me for all your help. Really appreciate it !!!! :D

Cheers