AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
It actually worked!! Thank you soooo much!

1.Choose the application number and family name option
2.Put in a blank space for the city of birth
3.No passport details but filled everything else and it worked!

So relieved!

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
bsz said:
At last I could LINK the applications SUCCESSFULLY!

Here are the points:

- You just need a MyCIC account (any kind). It doesn't need to be related to the applications. Names don't have to match.

- At least applications that are passed SA (sponsor approval) can be linked. I had two applications for my parents and my in-laws and could link both. One of them was forwarded to LVO and had received IME and the other was sent to LVO then back to Ottawa and no IME or anything so far.

- Maybe applications earlier than SA can be linked however I am not sure as mines were both pass SA.

- Enter the detail of your main applicant parent. It cannot link to the spouse of the main applicant. So if the main applicant is your father, your mother's detail won't work.

- I used "Family name" and "UCI" for it to work. The other times I used UCI and App# but didn't work.

- Left "Place of birth" empty

- Entered Passport Information accurately

- "Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?" should match IMM0008(11-2015)E question 5 (where do you intend to live in Canada).

- "Number of ..." should match IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation) box #7 (Total numbber fo persons for the purpose of ...).
Buddy,

By following your instructions I was able to successfully link my application in 1 try. That is amazing!

Beyond grateful for your input.

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
Has the PA ever tried for a VISA prior, if so and the information was changed, ex, tried for a visa while single, then got married, try using old information. For me, I had to use the app number, and my spouses last name as per usual, but we had tried for a visa before we were married, so we stated she was single then due to not having any formal relationship. Anyways I had to say she was single while searching for the new app (even though she's married in the new app), also in the visa, I used the province, rather than the city she was born, so I had to use the province again. I know its weird, but when I used the old info it worked. good luck.

Reactions: jdCanadian

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
Okay, I have having the same issues and am locked out.

If I go by what people have written here that works then I am not copying my application....

I applied under Common Law....so why should I select Spouses??

What is this space in the city of birth??? What If I just choose to fill that in instead?? (it didnt work)

Why are the number of people included in the application supposed to be 2?? When I have answered one correctly in the generic application.

What an awful setup.

MorningAileen

Mar 10, 2017
Don't know if this may help anyone, my problem solved by trying:

1. Using different combination under application details - tried UCI + Application #, and it worked with UCI + Family name
2. Please note, under the Applicant Personal Information, you should choose one of the two - Place of Birth, OR, Passport. I guess filling both will cause the system not able to find your application.

I linked my PR - Provincial Nominee successfully, but after seven days when I received the notice email. Don't know if that matters.

Mar 28, 2017
hi guys

anybody can help or give me some advice for those who successfully link to their application. i tried to link since last Monday but still no luck for me.

thanks

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
:mad:

Let me just say this is a nightmare. I have been trying for MONTHS to link our application on myCIC. I have sent in the technical support inquiries, I have called the call centre. No one is of any help. The site tells me no application can be found, the call centre staff tells me that maybe not enough time has gone by and therefore I should give it more time (maybe no one is working on anything now). When I go to the generic area (not associated with my account) I can pull up my application- well in a sense....all it says is "in process" from there I am just to guess what is going on. Sending in the inquiry got me a response of, create a new user account and try again...well I did that and I have been using all five of my attempts since last Friday to no avail.

My application is family class, I have tried all the different ways, name and date of birth, application number, uci number, etc etc. if it can be done I have tried it. Nothing works! Any suggestions?

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
bsz said:
At last I could LINK the applications SUCCESSFULLY!

Here are the points:

- You just need a MyCIC account (any kind). It doesn't need to be related to the applications. Names don't have to match.

- At least applications that are passed SA (sponsor approval) can be linked. I had two applications for my parents and my in-laws and could link both. One of them was forwarded to LVO and had received IME and the other was sent to LVO then back to Ottawa and no IME or anything so far.

- Maybe applications earlier than SA can be linked however I am not sure as mines were both pass SA.

- Enter the detail of your main applicant parent. It cannot link to the spouse of the main applicant. So if the main applicant is your father, your mother's detail won't work.

- I used "Family name" and "UCI" for it to work. The other times I used UCI and App# but didn't work.

- Left "Place of birth" empty

- Entered Passport Information accurately

- "Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?" should match IMM0008(11-2015)E question 5 (where do you intend to live in Canada).

- "Number of ..." should match IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation) box #7 (Total numbber fo persons for the purpose of ...).
this completely helped me linking my friends application. we left place of birth and country empty and it worked rite away.
thank you so much

Jojolove

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
UAE
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
this completely helped me linking my friends application. we left place of birth and country empty and it worked rite away.
thank you so much
could you please tell me how you left it blank is not going on and its mention in red and ask to fill.
and also for the application number mine start with EP and its not accepted.
please help

LiZn1859

Mar 23, 2017
Hi, please use the below method to solve your problem. I linked my account successfully by one try.

Application Number
Applicant's Name
Place of Birth - click box and hit the space bar once, don't type anything
Applicant's Country
Where You Will Reside in Canada - sponsor's address
Number of Applicants - many people get lucky with 2, sponsor and applicant
Leave the passport info blank.

Reactions: Mrs.Champs

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
could you please tell me how you left it blank is not going on and its mention in red and ask to fill.
and also for the application number mine start with EP and its not accepted.
please help
try uci number instead of file number

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
Hi, please use the below method to solve your problem. I linked my account successfully by one try.

Application Number
Applicant's Name
Place of Birth - click box and hit the space bar once, don't type anything
Applicant's Country
Where You Will Reside in Canada - sponsor's address
Number of Applicants - many people get lucky with 2, sponsor and applicant
Leave the passport info blank.
Hi, thanks for the feedback I have been trying to link my account during all week and nothing seems to work but hopefully I will try again tomorrow.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Hey Guys,

Quick question, do everyone needs to link the application to the account??
I did everything online, got ITA just dont know how to upload documents??
I guess I am missing some step somewhere, may be the link the application step

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....