+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My working and educational experience!!!!

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends

What do you think about My working and educational experience!

I have been working since 2002 in a company from 8.A.M. to 5.P.M, and I am still working there (5+years)
I did my 3 years University Bachelor Degree from 2003-2006 (after 5PM) evening classes

Will CIC count my University Degree and my working experience at the same time!!!!

At CIC website says:
22 points for You have a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study.

What does "full time equivalent study" means?

I am OK with My working and educational experience!

Thanks a lot
Speedoflight

wolf33

Nov 6, 2007
Hi Speedo,

Here is the official information from cic:
Full-time studies — At least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies. Question: Did you have more than 15 hrs/week during your academic year or not? If yes, you can add 22 points for yourself. If not, you can add only 20 or less.

Full-time equivalent studies — The length of time that it would have taken to complete a program of study on a full-time basis, but was actually completed on a part-time or accelerated basis.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks wolf
but it says that

Fulltime or Fulltime equivalent studies

and it gives same points
when it says OR, that means the same
right?

Thanks
Speedoflight

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Speedo,
Wolf33 just quoted them verbateem just take it like that read the cic web very well on that it is clear. Your three year part time coure from 2003-2006 cannot be same as 3 years full time course unless you want to say that the course is a full time course.

Oloye

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Oloye
thanks for your reply

here in my country if you go to University , even if you are jobless and go in the morning you have 3 hours per day, 5 times per week, thats it

Iam doing the same thing, after working hours every evening

and it is a UNIVERSITY DEGREE not a course

Thanks bro
Speedoflight

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Speedo,
If that is the structure in your country then you have a 3 year full education and i am sure that cic official will suerely understand this. You can go ahead and add it up. This is my candid opinion and it is subject to scritiny by other learned forum members. Thank God 3 hours per day for 5 days adds up to the 15 hours per week required. Go ahead

Oloye

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
speed'o

I got my bachelor's degree after studies at several schools - finally finishing at night school. Many times I was working during the day and going part-time at night. The degree is the same. My application was successful and I'm now a PR of Canada.

Good Luck,

TG

olgard

Nov 9, 2007
If I worked in several places the same time part-time jobs how I have to count work expirience?
1 year of 50% work =1/2 year of full-time work?
If I worked during the year 150 hours how much full time work is it?

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey thaiguy

you are genius

lucky you

I will need your help in the future :)

Kind Regards
Speedoflight

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
olgard said:
If I worked in several places the same time part-time jobs how I have to count work expirience?
A work "year" is 2,080 hours.

So a work "month" is about 173.3 hours.

A work week is 40 hours.

I would call 150 hours a month. It's close enough.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

thaiguy said:
olgard said:
A work "year" is 2,080 hours.

So a work "month" is about 173.3 hours.

To be precise, CIC considers a work year to be 1950 hours (37.5hrs/wk)

PMM

A work week is 40 hours.

I would call 150 hours a month. It's close enough.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I work 40 hours a week and I know a lot of people who are required to work 44. I don't know anybody who works 37.5 hours. Maybe the CIC does, explains the backlog :)

By immigration, a full time job is 1950 hours a year but split into 40 hour weeks, that would be almost 49 weeks. Maybe they figure you had vacation for 2 or 3 weeks or you were sick a couple of times.