+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visit visa refused...

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

need serious help.

I applied for the visit visa and have got the refusal.
They have considered below points for refusing my visa.

1. Purpose of visit:
2. Current employment situation:
3. Ties to your country of residence

Point No. 1:
I have attached the travel document (ticket copy for my wife and myself), Hotel stay.

Point No. 2:
I have attached a letter from my employer stating the current salary, job title and date of employment ( i-e 10 years now )

Point No. 3:
what i have to attach for this. i am living in UAE for the past 10 years and working with the same employer. My passport copy is attached stating all my previous visa.

I am planning to re-apply in 2 or 3 days, can somebody guide me on the above as these does not seem to be major rejection points.

Best Regards,

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This was the letter:

=====================================================================

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application. In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:

• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and that she or he meets the requirements of the Act.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked off apply to the refusal of your application.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. travel history
2. immigration status in country of residence
3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
4. Length of proposed stay in Canada
5. Purpose of visit
6. Employment prospects in country of residence
7. Current employment situation
8. Personal assets and financial status
9. Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada
10. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
11. You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.
12. You have made an application for a temporary resident visa in the transit visitor category. As you are planning to remain in Canada longer than 48 hours, you do not meet the requirements of this category.
You must make an application for a temporary resident visa in the visitor category and pay the associated cost recovery fees.
13. You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission.
14. any history of contravening the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.
15. You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for:
Completion of a medical examination
An interview
The following documents: List the documents
16. I am not satisfied that you have answered all questions truthfully, as required by subsection 16(1) of the Act. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful:
17. Other reasons:
Ties to your country of residence.
==========================================================================================================

Refusal was based on Point No. 5, 7 & 17

Please help in re-applying

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on the refusal reasons given, you have to provide much stronger evidence if you want any chance of your application being approved. Reapplying in 2-3 days may not be a great idea unless you have extra evidence to include that wasn't included in your first application.

The "purpose of visit" refusal reason means CIC does not think you are a genuine tourist and believes that you have plans to remain in Canada long term. This is usually a difficult refusal reason to overcome and it means you have to provide much stronger proof of ties to your home country.

Generally, the issue with your application is that you aren't living in your country of citizenship and it's therefore much more difficult for you to prove strong ties.

How long a visit did you request? You should request no more than 3 weeks in your new application.

What evidence did you provide to show ties to your country of evidence? Did you include a letter from your employer where your employer confirmed you were taking a vacation and mentioned specific dates?

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Scylla,

I am just going on vacation, previously i planned to go to US and have even got a visa for US but my wife is not happy going there, she is more interested to see Canada.

I have been living here for the past 10 years and earning good, i have given the salary certificate which indicates my salary and date of joining with the company ( same employer from 10 years ).
Also i am working with government authority here. No i did not provide a letter from the employer stating my intended day of travel. This is a good point, i will add in the re-application.

I have applied for visit visa, i don't remember if we have to mention for 3 week anywhere, although my return ticket is for 15 days. I think their shortest visa is for 6 months.

Strong ties to country: I am from Pakistan staying in UAE for the past 10 years, my parents are staying back home, my wife is with me, earning good salary. what else do i need to provide to proof, Can i request for the interview to make a better compelling case for the visa officer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you cannot request an interview.

Yes - there is a place on the application where you indicate the length of your trip. This is not the same as the length of your visa. For the length of your trip, you should indicate no more than three week.

Yes - both you and your wife should provide letters from your employers confirming you are employed with them and have been given a few week of vacation.

For proof of ties, any ties to Pakistan are useless since you haven't lived there in 10 years. You need to show ties to the UAE like employment, property ownership / rental, other assets, etc.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You -

I will not mention for the interview in the cover letter..

I have mentioned 15 days of stay in canada in the application form.

My wife is not working, i will request a letter from my employer for the same.

I only have a job for the past 10 years at a managerial position here, i don't have any other property.

Let's see i will be applying by next week again and will attach the above to my application. Thank you for your help.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

i am in the process of re-applying.
In the application form:

In the section for country of residence, what should i mention "Worker" or "Permanent Resident". I am living and working here in UAE for the past 10 years. Our visas get renewed every 3 years. Can i select others and mention "Residence Visa"?

majidahmad

Jan 2, 2012
Dear Optimistic,

After reading all the details i have some quries for you which are as under

Did you provided them your travel history i.e. which countries you visited before and how long you stayed there
Did you booked any tour package for you and for your family if yes did you attached that
Pay slips attached or not
If you have children with you School leave and your approved leave copy
Tenancy Contract of your accommodation
Du or Etisalat bill which reflects your name on it

For my reference
Biometrics they collected before application launched or not
Did you submit the original passport and the put any stamp on it or it was only a refusal letter
you visited VFS Abu Dhabi or Dubai

Thanks, Majid

sudhirindia

Apr 1, 2016
After reading carefully, I would like to suggest you

1. get the NOC letter from your "Sponser" {the Arab Guy} ;apart from your employer ...that makes weighted to your application..
2. Does your wife has US visa? than Make trip plan include US.. show them your going to visit US as well..
3. You can submit the your detail itinerary like
you are going to this place on that date and you are going to stay in that hotel and leave that place by that time...during your stay please mention you will be visiting that places...??

Hope that help a lot..

Good luck

Annaliu

Apr 24, 2016
Mr. Optimistic said:
Hi guys,

need serious help.

I applied for the visit visa and have got the refusal.
They have considered below points for refusing my visa.

1. Purpose of visit:
2. Current employment situation:
3. Ties to your country of residence

Point No. 1:
I have attached the travel document (ticket copy for my wife and myself), Hotel stay.

Point No. 2:
I have attached a letter from my employer stating the current salary, job title and date of employment ( i-e 10 years now )

Point No. 3:
what i have to attach for this. i am living in UAE for the past 10 years and working with the same employer. My passport copy is attached stating all my previous visa.

I am planning to re-apply in 2 or 3 days, can somebody guide me on the above as these does not seem to be major rejection points.

Best Regards,

Do you re-apply it again? kindly advice.

Pk5

Apr 26, 2016
Sycall please help me.
I got my gcms about trv refused.
I found information page 3 about secondary offices is not match with my case. Can u tell me what is meaning of secondary offices details.
Best Regards,
Pk

[/quote]

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majidahmad said:
Dear Optimistic,

After reading all the details i have some quries for you which are as under

Did you provided them your travel history i.e. which countries you visited before and how long you stayed there
Did you booked any tour package for you and for your family if yes did you attached that
Pay slips attached or not
If you have children with you School leave and your approved leave copy
Tenancy Contract of your accommodation
Du or Etisalat bill which reflects your name on it

For my reference
Biometrics they collected before application launched or not
Did you submit the original passport and the put any stamp on it or it was only a refusal letter
you visited VFS Abu Dhabi or Dubai

Thanks, Majid
thank you and sorry for being late..
i have replied on 19th April and have added all except Tenancy contract & Etisalat bill.

I have also applied for my UK visa without the above and got the visa, let's see this time, it is almost 20 days and waiting. My first reply came in 13 days, this time it is taking time, don't know why.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudhirindia said:
After reading carefully, I would like to suggest you

1. get the NOC letter from your "Sponser" {the Arab Guy} ;apart from your employer ...that makes weighted to your application..
2. Does your wife has US visa? than Make trip plan include US.. show them your going to visit US as well..
3. You can submit the your detail itinerary like
you are going to this place on that date and you are going to stay in that hotel and leave that place by that time...during your stay please mention you will be visiting that places...??

Hope that help a lot..

Good luck
Thank you for your help. I should have seen your reply before re-applying.
Yes my wife and myself have visa for US and have got the visa for UK also, I have mentioned some details in the letter of explanation about my trip in canada but no plans to visit US at this time.

let's see what happens now as it is almost 20 days now and no response from the embassy as yet. Good thing is they don't take the passports in advance ( the rules are changing, they make take now ) which give us the freedom to travel in required.