+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my uncle is a Canadian citizen he want to sponsor me but we are not related by blood

tariqthaqeeq

Apr 14, 2022
my uncle is a Canadian citizen he wants to sponsor me but we are not related by blood. he can provide a letter mentioning that i will stay with him so my leaving expense is covered by him of any other doc (if some tell me what type of doc is needed) he will provide that also. so it's possible?

2nd in CRS score there is a question asking is there any family in Canada

can i say yes as my leave-in Canada but i can not provide proof (as he is not my blood relative )

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can only be sponsored under quite restrictive conditions under the so-called 'lonely canadian' program:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html

First, the sponsor has to have basically no immediate relatives in Canada, i.e. parents spouse children.

Second, the types of relatives are specified. Since you say 'not a blood relative', probably not, but read the details on the government's site.

Note, this type of sponsorship is not common and can take quite a long time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you armourd.
what i get with you and is that i cant increase my point on CRS
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum deals with family sponsorship. You need to post this question to the Express Entry section of the forum.

Reactions: armoured