+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Student Visa was Rejected for unwarranted reason.

Zeeeeeeek

Dec 2, 2016
I'm a Jordanian who holds 4 degrees in Information technology. I have an associates degree in I.T from the United States, A bachelors Degree in computer Science from Australia, A postgraduate in I.T from Ireland and a Masters Degree in Computer Science from UK. I have never been refused a visa from any country that i have applied to, but have been refused a visa to Canada Twice. The first time i have been refused a visa was back in 2008, I applied to study postgraduate in I.T. The reason for refusal was they did not think i was a genuine student. I wasn't very bothered by it, i found a similar course in Ireland a week later and i was able to earn my degree with honors. 5 months ago i found a very unique masters program in I.T and Electronics sadly it was in a Canadian University. I was very reluctant to apply a second time but I could not find a similar program elsewhere. I decided to give it another go. I applied once again paid the university the first year in advanced and 20 days after I apply i received the same refusal letter stating that they are not convinced i will leave Canada / Purpose of visit. I emailed the embassy explaining how excited i was about the program and that i would like to get more information to reapply, since the refusal letter was very vague. Their reply was " We are unable to provide information or details regarding the reasons for a refusal other than the information contained in the refusal letter. "

I did some research and found that i can apply for an Access of Information Request, which will provide me with the visa officers notes. Four months later ( Yesterday) I received the Access of Information. The reason of refusal was "Given current conflict in Libya, not convinced he would depart from Canada if required to do so."

1. I'm a Jordanian Citizen this was stated in the Application and they also did a bio-metrics with the Jordanian passport
2. I was born in Libya but not a citizen of Libya I've only lived there for the first 2 months after my birth.

I'm really shocked of how unprofessional Canadian visa officers can be, I think the visa officer didn't take more than a minute looking at my application. He simply skimmed through it as if my application did not deserve his time. At this point i just want to complete the program but not very confident i will get a visa. If anyone has any advice for me id love to hear it.

Abdelhadi

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Zeeeeeeek said:
I'm a Jordanian who holds 4 degrees in Information technology. I have an associates degree in I.T from the United States, A bachelors Degree in computer Science from Australia, A postgraduate in I.T from Ireland and a Masters Degree in Computer Science from UK. I have never been refused a visa from any country that i have applied to, but have been refused a visa to Canada Twice. The first time i have been refused a visa was back in 2008, I applied to study postgraduate in I.T. The reason for refusal was they did not think i was a genuine student. I wasn't very bothered by it, i found a similar course in Ireland a week later and i was able to earn my degree with honors. 5 months ago i found a very unique masters program in I.T and Electronics sadly it was in a Canadian University. I was very reluctant to apply a second time but I could not find a similar program elsewhere. I decided to give it another go. I applied once again paid the university the first year in advanced and 20 days after I apply i received the same refusal letter stating that they are not convinced i will leave Canada / Purpose of visit. I emailed the embassy explaining how excited i was about the program and that i

would like to get more information to reapply, since the refusal letter was very vague. Their reply was " We are unable to provide information or details regarding the reasons for a refusal other than the information contained in the refusal letter. "

I did some research and found that i can apply for an Access of Information Request, which will provide me with the visa officers notes. Four months later ( Yesterday) I received the Access of Information. The reason of refusal was "Given current conflict in Libya, not convinced he would depart from Canada if required to do so."

1. I'm a Jordanian Citizen this was stated in the Application and they also did a bio-metrics with the Jordanian passport
2. I was born in Libya but not a citizen of Libya I've only lived there for the first 2 months after my birth.

I'm really shocked of how unprofessional Canadian visa officers can be, I think the visa officer didn't take more than a minute looking at my application. He simply skimmed through it as if my application did not deserve his time. At this point i just want to complete the program but not very confident i will get a visa. If anyone has any advice for me id love to hear it.
Hello i am a jordanian citizen as well i applied in augest for a study permit from Dubai and i was refused after 9 days and again applied and still waiting i was refused because i didnt convince them that ill leave canada and later on i knew tgat i lacked some documents through my applications
The Canadian embassy are really professionals you have to know if they accept everyone then canada wont be a study destination but now as you can see canada is the best through all the countries for studying abroad

Being in born in Libya is an unsolved problem because it just happened i have no idea if you can convince them that you have nothing to do woth libya then go for third attempt but if you couldnt then just let it go bro

Wish you all the luck

Zeeeeeeek

Dec 2, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I don't think you understand the situation. The refusal note implies that I am living in Libya and applying to Canada in order to escape a war zone. I'm a Jordanian Citizen living in Jordan. My citizenship is clearly written on their application, Also the bio-metrics was taken using the Jordanian Passport. If they had an ounce of professionalism It wouldn't take much for the visa officer to Know i'm not applying for a student visa in Order to escape a war zone. I'm very fortunate to be where I am and I'm very comfortable being in Jordan and around my family. I have traveled to 25 countries and never have i ever had issues getting a visa. My case is certainly a case of negligence by the visa officer. I could understand if i were refused based on a mistake i have made in the application or if there are any other legitimate reasons. My wife is a U.S citizen If i wanted to migrate outside of Jordan i would have done so 10 years ago.

Abdelhadi

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Zeeeeeeek said:
Thanks for your reply. I don't think you understand the situation. The refusal note implies that I am living in Libya and applying to Canada in order to escape a war zone. I'm a Jordanian Citizen living in Jordan. My citizenship is clearly written on their application, Also the bio-metrics was taken using the Jordanian Passport. If they had an ounce of professionalism It wouldn't take much for the visa officer to Know i'm not applying for a student visa in Order to escape a war zone. I'm very fortunate to be where I am and I'm very comfortable being in Jordan and around my family. I have traveled to 25 countries and never have i ever had issues getting a visa. My case is certainly a case of negligence by the visa officer. I could understand if i were refused based on a mistake i have made in the application or if there are any other legitimate reasons. My wife is a U.S citizen If i wanted to migrate outside of Jordan i would have done so 10 years ago.
Then you can go for a third attempt explaining each single detail for them
Your chances are not really bad of getting in just explain this and go for it
No worries bro ..

Zeeeeeeek

Dec 2, 2016
The problem is I have. I have written a 3 paragraph long over letter and submitted it along with the application. The application also included a photocopy of my passport. The cover letter explained to them my situation in detail, but i don't think the visa officer took the time to read it. Applying a 3rd time would be useless since i don't have confidence that the visa officers examine the applications like they should have. If this program was available any where else i wouldn't be here.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Zeeeeeeek said:
The problem is I have. I have written a 3 paragraph long over letter and submitted it along with the application. The application also included a photocopy of my passport. The cover letter explained to them my situation in detail, but i don't think the visa officer took the time to read it. Applying a 3rd time would be useless since i don't have confidence that the visa officers examine the applications like they should have. If this program was available any where else i wouldn't be here.
I think you have a valid case for a judicial review.

It's a costly affair stretching to many months, but is an option

CanucksRock

Nov 21, 2016
I had to apply 3 times and go for judicial review. Hire a lawyer, a Canadian lawyer. Not a consultant. They will make an airtight application and submit it again. This is your second time for a study permit for this course. My SOP was 6 PAGES! My whole application was 85 pages and I finally got it. Just depends on how badly you want it.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

yildiz

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Alexandria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017 / 13-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-01-2017 / 15-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Study permit 1st Refused / 2nd Refused
CanucksRock said:
I had to apply 3 times and go for judicial review. Hire a lawyer, a Canadian lawyer. Not a consultant. They will make an airtight application and submit it again. This is your second time for a study permit for this course. My SOP was 6 PAGES! My whole application was 85 pages and I finally got it. Just depends on how badly you want it.
SOP 6 pages...on CIC it says only one page
is it okay to write more than one page ?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
I think it's perfectly okay to write multiple pages as long as all of it is relevant.

Stick to important details and make sure it doesn't read like a tedious sermon.

My own SOP was 2 pages long but I tried to make it a fun and interesting read

CanucksRock

Nov 21, 2016
It has to clearly explain and address what you are doing in Canada, why you chose the program/school you got accepted to, and address the reasons for rejection (finances, family ties, travel history etc). My lawyer said that my SOP was one of the best he had ever seen written and it made my case for judicial review and eventually settlement. So it can definitely be longer then 1 page and likely should be, especially if you are applying for the second time for this program. Lay it all out.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Zeeeeeeek

Dec 2, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I have provided them with detailed explanation of the course, the reason why i'm studying the program, what i plan to do after completion of the program. I also provided them my travel history provided by the Jordanian government. I have provided them a police certificate of 8 all the countries i have visited for over 2 years. I have provided them with all degrees and transcripts certified by the country of where the degrees were issued as well as the foreign ministry and ministry of education in Jordan. I provided them with a copy of the awards given by the universities for passing the program with high honors. Basically all documents and information that could have been provided has been submitted. I have just applied for a third time i couldn't really make any changes to this new application since everything was already provided in the older application. The only addition was i edited the cover letter to include the second refusal and i added a copy of the access of information report. a very famous and a very successful immigration lawyer in Jordan has looked at my application and he was puzzled of why my visa was rejected the two previous times. I'm hoping third times a charm.

bMAHEY

Dec 8, 2016
My visa got rejected Its stated that:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies,language abilities.
But its not the exact reason i guess..

My profile
Tenth:68%, 12th:63%, engg (ece):64% i have applied for centennial college electronics engg. (fast track) n submitted the visa through chandigarh Vfs on Nov 17th got on Dec 7th as rejection ..this is really sad:(..

Wt do u guys suggest me to do now..please help..

icc95

Sep 29, 2015
Zeeeeeeek said:
I'm going to assume your kidding around.
If they think that you're a in war zone then they want you to apply as a refuge according to their rules.