+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Son is here on Study Permit

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
Hello
Can anyone let me know that what is best for my son (20yrs old). He is here on study permit.

I just got refugee ID due to danger from my home country Govt. and now I'm waiting for work permit and my wife is not here she doesn't have any visa and how can i sponsor her.
I'm so confused that what can i do for my son either to wait for his studies to be done and I don't want to loose him if he somehow not managed to get anything here he'll be deported that is not good for him.

already talked to lawyer but need some more suggestions if anyone know anything please let me know.

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Can anyone let me know that what is best for my son (20yrs old). He is here on study permit.

I just got refugee ID due to danger from my home country Govt. and now I'm waiting for work permit and my wife is not here she doesn't have any visa and how can i sponsor her.
I'm so confused that what can i do for my son either to wait for his studies to be done and I don't want to loose him if he somehow not managed to get anything here he'll be deported that is not good for him.

already talked to lawyer but need some more suggestions if anyone know anything please let me know.

thank you
Have you been appeoved as an protrcted person? You can't sponsor your wife until you get approved as a protected person and get PR. You are looking at many years. When dis your son start studying, how long does he have left to study and can he afford to complete his studies?

Reactions: Jared Mans

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
Have you been appeoved as an protrcted person? You can't sponsor your wife until you get approved as a protected person and get PR. You are looking at many years. When dis your son start studying, how long does he have left to study and can he afford to complete his studies?
I am not approved for PR yet but I've got refugee ID and applied for work permit
My son stil left with 1 year of study he started in 2018 January.
He can't afford his studies expenses alone he is totally depending me and can not work more than 20hrs week.
and now as I'm here I've to do everything here from bottom So looks like it'll be difficult for me and my family.

and is there any other way to sponsor my wife.

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not approved for PR yet but I've got refugee ID and applied for work permit
My son stil left with 1 year of study he started in 2018 January.
He can't afford his studies expenses alone he is totally depending me and can not work more than 20hrs week.
and now as I'm here I've to do everything here from bottom So looks like it'll be difficult for me and my family.

and is there any other way to sponsor my wife.

thank you
It would be best for your son to continue his studies, graduate, apply for PGWP and then apply for PR. He will have more control as to whether he gets PR. A refugee ID doesn’t mean much. Almost all people who apply for asylum get an ID. Unfortunately there are no other options to sponsor your wife. She can try to obtain a TRV but it is unlikely to be approved due your asylum claim. You will have to prepare for a long separation.

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
It would be best for your son to continue his studies, graduate, apply for PGWP and then apply for PR. He will have more control as to whether he gets PR. A refugee ID doesn’t mean much. Almost all people who apply for asylum get an ID. Unfortunately there are no other options to sponsor your wife. She can try to obtain a TRV but it is unlikely to be approved due your asylum claim. You will have to prepare for a long separation.
I think letting my son continuing studies is not good option right now if he can continue after giving up his passport..
that's what i think I'm not going to force him because he is not giving up his passport right now and sayin he is not ready for all this..
But I just think whether in future he changes his mind or somehow I convince him...

Is there any way for him to add him with me right now? so he will not be forced to go back in future..

And for my wife.. lawyer handling the situation.
Hope my family willbe reunite.

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think letting my son continuing studies is not good option right now if he can continue after giving up his passport..
that's what i think I'm not going to force him because he is not giving up his passport right now and sayin he is not ready for all this..
But I just think whether in future he changes his mind or somehow I convince him...

Is there any way for him to add him with me right now? so he will not be forced to go back in future..

And for my wife.. lawyer handling the situation.
Hope my family willbe reunite.

thank you
Asylum is never guaranteed so having your son finish this semester and one more semester will allow him to have control over securing his future in Canada. If he is currently attending school you must have already paid for this semester. If he is not attending school the school will report him and his study permit will be cancelled. If not attending school his best option would to be to file his own asylum claim. Not sure what what your lawyer is promising you but there is no way to sponsor your wife at this point. You can list her on your asylum claim but there is no way to sponsor her until you receive PR.

Asylum is not guaranteed and you still have a long and tough process to go through. You may have to wait 2+ years for a hearing. I am not sure where you are from and where you were living but given that your son got approved for a study permit and you seem to have received a TRV you are likely not from one of the expedited country list (Syria, Eritrea, South Sudan, Afghanistan, etc.).

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
Asylum is never guaranteed so having your son finish this semester and one more semester will allow him to have control over securing his future in Canada. If he is currently attending school you must have already paid for this semester. If he is not attending school the school will report him and his study permit will be cancelled. If not attending school his best option would to be to file his own asylum claim. Not sure what what your lawyer is promising you but there is no way to sponsor your wife at this point. You can list her on your asylum claim but there is no way to sponsor her until you receive PR.

Asylum is not guaranteed and you still have a long and tough process to go through. You may have to wait 2+ years for a hearing. I am not sure where you are from and where you were living but given that your son got approved for a study permit and you seem to have received a TRV you are likely not from one of the expedited country list (Syria, Eritrea, South Sudan, Afghanistan, etc.).
no I'm not from these countries I've had some other issues with my government and they threatened me to death and or so on long 2 yrs story
and I'm faking my last name as well online I don't want to share any personal information here.
but i'll share as much as i can

I was traveling France England and States from last 10 years with my wife.. I don't have any better choice than Canada my son studying here and the process is much better and clear than any other country My wife renewed her passport all visas expired she left behind but she is safe.

but I can't live without her. my lawyer didn't say anything about sponsoring her right now my son can that is different story or I must have to wait till PR
The thing is right now I don't want to put my son in anykind of trouble while traveling back to our home country
So if he can continue studying after asylum..

what will be his own asylum case if he not going school please tell me in detail how that is goin to work

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no I'm not from these countries I've had some other issues with my government and they threatened me to death and or so on long 2 yrs story
and I'm faking my last name as well online I don't want to share any personal information here.

I was traveling France England and States from last 10 years with my wife.. I don't have any better choice than Canada my son studying here and the process is much better and clear than any other country My wife renewed her passport all visas expired she left behind but she is safe.

but I can't live without her. my lawyer didn't say anything about sponsoring her right now my son can that is different story or I must have to wait till PR
The thing is right now I don't want to put my son in anykind of trouble while traveling back to our home country

what will be his own asylum case if he not going school please tell me in detail how that is goin to work

thank you
It doesn’t sound like you are from any of the expedited processing countries so it will likely be around 2 years until you can get you hearing. Doesn’t sound like your son has grounds for asylum so unless he continues to study as an International student there is not much he can do. If he files for asylum without grounds and gets refused it will create travel issues for him for a long time. I guess he could but overstaying isn’t great either. Your son can not sponsor his mother either. You will likely be separated for 3-4 years minimum if you are accepted on the first try. You seem to have visited numerous safe countries while feeling in danger so you will have to justify why you didn’t claim asylum in any of those countries.

Your lawyer may be oversimplifying things. This doesn’t seem like a straightforward case. Your lawyer will have to provide more details about what your son should do.

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019

thank you
He will still have to pay international student fees even after claiming asylum. In all honesty, claiming asylum is only going to buy him some time in Canada before he gets deported. Raise some money and let him finish school. This will ensure he will get a PGWP and can apply for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He will still have to pay international student fees even after claiming asylum. In all honesty, claiming asylum is only going to buy him some time in Canada before he gets deported. Raise some money and let him finish school. This will ensure he will get a PGWP and can apply for PR.
It sounds like his son may not be attending school at the moment so PGWP and the student permit may be lost cause at this point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

thank you
Unfortunately there is pretty much no chance your wife will be approved for any sort of visa until you have been recognized as a refugee and you have been approved for PR. She will then receive a PR visa as well. If you recently applied for refugee status, this means you're looking at a 3-4 wait before you are reunited. She can try applying for a TRV. However since you have claimed refugee status in Canada, her TRV is almost guaranteed to be refused. But again, she can certainly try applying for the TRV.

You cannot sponsor her at this time - this isn't possible with the status you hold in Canada.

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
It doesn’t sound like you are from any of the expedited processing countries so it will likely be around 2 years until you can get you hearing. Doesn’t sound like your son has grounds for asylum so unless he continues to study as an International student there is not much he can do. If he files for asylum without grounds and gets refused it will create travel issues for him for a long time. I guess he could but overstaying isn’t great either. Your son can not sponsor his mother either. You will likely be separated for 3-4 years minimum if you are accepted on the first try. You seem to have visited numerous safe countries while feeling in danger so you will have to justify why you didn’t claim asylum in any of those countries.

Your lawyer may be oversimplifying things. This doesn’t seem like a straightforward case. Your lawyer will have to provide more details about what your son should do.
He does have some problems.
It sounds like his son may not be attending school at the moment so PGWP and the student permit may be lost cause at this point.
He is attending school but I looking for a good option that will help him to stay here with me rather going back
Unfortunately there is pretty much no chance your wife will be approved for any sort of visa until you have been recognized as a refugee and you have been approved for PR. She will then receive a PR visa as well. If you recently applied for refugee status, this means you're looking at a 3-4 wait before you are reunited. She can try applying for a TRV. However since you have claimed refugee status in Canada, her TRV is almost guaranteed to be refused. But again, she can certainly try applying for the TRV.

You cannot sponsor her at this time - this isn't possible with the status you hold in Canada.
May be she has little chance to approve for TRV but as if my son sponsor him on his convocation day that'll be good chance for reunite and apply PR together here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

He is attending school but I looking for a good option that will help him to stay here with me rather going back

May be she has little chance to approve for TRV but as if my son sponsor him on his convocation day that'll be good chance for reunite and apply PR together here
The changes of a TRV being approved are really next to zero because of your refugee claim. But by all means try - time to time someone gets really lucky. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Hate to burst your bubble but your wife will likely not be approved for his convocation. Parents are regularly refused without having a family member apply for asylum.

I am very confused. Is your son remaining in school? Graduating from school and getting a job under PGWP is his pathway to PR and remaining in Canada

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
The changes of a TRV being approved are really next to zero because of your refugee claim. But by all means try - time to time someone gets really lucky. Good luck.
Thank you
But I'm feeling bad for her and my son that I can't do anything at this moment that will make sure they will be safe here in Canada rather in my home country..
Is there any way he claims for refugee here with solid proofs and than continue studying?
I talked to lawyer not sure is telling truth or just tryin to make some money.
thank s for all suggestions