+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Son is here on Study Permit

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thank you
But I'm feeling bad for her and my son that I can't do anything at this moment that will make sure they will be safe here in Canada rather in my home country..
Is there any way he claims for refugee here with solid proofs and than continue studying?
I talked to lawyer not sure is telling truth or just tryin to make some money.
thank s for all suggestions
At the risk of being repetitive to what others have already said because you seem to keep asking the question about your son.

The advice is to let your son keep studying as an international student. If he completes a 2 year course he will be eligible for a 3 year PGWP allowing him to work in Canada and gain enough points to apply as PR via express entry/PNP. This is the EASIEST way for him to get PR.

Having your son claim asylum will not be of any benefit to him. He will continue to pay international student tuition fees. IF he wants to travel to other countries, he MAY NOT be approved for temporary visas anymore due to his status as asylum seeker. For your son, claiming asylum = making his life difficult.

Help him continue his studies. Let him get PR this way. This is his BEST option. Asylum is NOT the answer for your son.

Reactions: Jared Mans

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
At the risk of being repetitive to what others have already said because you seem to keep asking the question about your son.

The advice is to let your son keep studying as an international student. If he completes a 2 year course he will be eligible for a 3 year PGWP allowing him to work in Canada and gain enough points to apply as PR via express entry/PNP. This is the EASIEST way for him to get PR.

Having your son claim asylum will not be of any benefit to him. He will continue to pay international student tuition fees. IF he wants to travel to other countries, he MAY NOT be approved for temporary visas anymore due to his status as asylum seeker. For your son, claiming asylum = making his life difficult.

Help him continue his studies. Let him get PR this way. This is his BEST option. Asylum is NOT the answer for your son.
Thank you for your time and giving me good suggestions
now i understand that how studying here will make sure that he can stay here with me.

I was thinking that he should give his passport so he never thought of going back home country
Anyways thanks for all advice

Jared Mans

Sep 30, 2019
Have you been appeoved as an protrcted person? You can't sponsor your wife until you get approved as a protected person and get PR. You are looking at many years. When dis your son start studying, how long does he have left to study and can he afford to complete his studies?
I've one more question could you please clarify the fact that someone (I met him in my lawyer office) he was saying that he got refugee id and work permit at airport all together is this possible in any way how can someone comehere and just get everything before even entering the country.
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've one more question could you please clarify the fact that someone (I met him in my lawyer office) he was saying that he got refugee id and work permit at airport all together is this possible in any way how can someone comehere and just get everything before even entering the country.
thank you
This isn’t possible unless maybe he was referring to private sponsorship. You would not qualify to sponsor your wife through private sponsorship. You can certainly try to find someone to sponsor her but given that she will qualify for family reunification if you get approved it is highly unlikely that a group or the government would select her. There are so many people trying to get sponsored or resettled through UNHCR but only a very small percentAge actually are able to get to Canada. Perhaps the lawyer was referring to family reunification once someone had a positive hearing and received PR. Their family members do not have to go through a hearing process when they arrive from abroad. If you don’t understand what the lawyer is saying you should ask questions.