+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My potential nanny went for her interview...please read

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
The young Zimbabwean lady I am trying to bring to Canada as a nanny attended her interview at the High Commission in Pretoria yesterday. I had received advice that they will mainly be asking her questions related to first aid, emergencies, etc etc etc. Nothing like that! She left the embassy in tears! The biggest concern for the Immigration officer was that we had never met. The young lady explained that I found her online through an aupair site. We connected that way, added each other on facebook, have exchanged over 1500 messages since January, checked references, spoken to her current employer, etc etc. This was not enough for the officer, and she was adamant that we should have met. I know for a fact that most nannies come to Canada through agencies and haven't met their employer before arriving in the country. I have personal reasons for selecting a nanny from that region of the world, and I was unable to find a suitable candidate already in Canada. The immigration officer also checked the young lady's facebook page, and saw photos of her with her boyfriend. She wanted to know why this boyfriend was not listed on her application as a family member. They just began seeing each other in April, don't live common-law, aren't married or engaged, so there was no reason to list him. They took his name and date of birth. I'm assuming they will run his name, he is working, and a law student...I don't think they will find anything negative. They took her passport for some time, but then returned it to her and said they would be in touch with her. I'm quite surprised with the tone of the questions, and dissapointed that they didn't ask her more work related questions. Since finding this lady on my own, Ive partnered with a nanny agency in Canada who have helped me with each step of the application process. He was very shocked, said he's never had a nanny meet an employer before coming here. I emailed a letter to the embassy with her file number, explaining how we met online, why I chose someone from that region, explained Ive had contact with her employer, etc etc etc, just trying to show them that we have developed a relationship. I also sent some of our facebook converstaions from Jan- present, just to try to show how much contact we have had with each other, and how our relationship has developed. I attached a copy of the ad she had on the aupair site as well. Do you think my efforts will make a difference??? Neither of us are feeling very hopeful right now. She meets the work experience requirements, education requirements, speaks english, passed her medical exam...I dont know what we could have done differently.

greyluck

Mar 19, 2012
suprisingly they would really go that too personal...checking facebook is sooo lame and out of the question applying for LCP.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You were able to get the LMO so you did the advertisement at the job bank. Your prospective nanny probably talked to an officer who woke up at the wrong side of the bed. :( Your email/letter of support would help (I think). I've known several nannies who were helped by their employers. Their employers wrote letters addressed to the officers in support of their nanny's/ies applications.

faithey said:
The young Zimbabwean lady I am trying to bring to Canada as a nanny attended her interview at the High Commission in Pretoria yesterday. I had received advice that they will mainly be asking her questions related to first aid, emergencies, etc etc etc. Nothing like that! She left the embassy in tears! The biggest concern for the Immigration officer was that we had never met. The young lady explained that I found her online through an aupair site. We connected that way, added each other on facebook, have exchanged over 1500 messages since January, checked references, spoken to her current employer, etc etc. This was not enough for the officer, and she was adamant that we should have met. I know for a fact that most nannies come to Canada through agencies and haven't met their employer before arriving in the country. I have personal reasons for selecting a nanny from that region of the world, and I was unable to find a suitable candidate already in Canada. The immigration officer also checked the young lady's facebook page, and saw photos of her with her boyfriend. She wanted to know why this boyfriend was not listed on her application as a family member. They just began seeing each other in April, don't live common-law, aren't married or engaged, so there was no reason to list him. They took his name and date of birth. I'm assuming they will run his name, he is working, and a law student...I don't think they will find anything negative. They took her passport for some time, but then returned it to her and said they would be in touch with her. I'm quite surprised with the tone of the questions, and dissapointed that they didn't ask her more work related questions. Since finding this lady on my own, Ive partnered with a nanny agency in Canada who have helped me with each step of the application process. He was very shocked, said he's never had a nanny meet an employer before coming here. I emailed a letter to the embassy with her file number, explaining how we met online, why I chose someone from that region, explained Ive had contact with her employer, etc etc etc, just trying to show them that we have developed a relationship. I also sent some of our facebook converstaions from Jan- present, just to try to show how much contact we have had with each other, and how our relationship has developed. I attached a copy of the ad she had on the aupair site as well. Do you think my efforts will make a difference??? Neither of us are feeling very hopeful right now. She meets the work experience requirements, education requirements, speaks english, passed her medical exam...I dont know what we could have done differently.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Thank you for the encouraging replies. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Anyone else out there who may have had a similar experience?

Susie1979

Sep 14, 2012
Her application has not being denied yet, but I am as surprised as you are that the Visa Officer went that far in the interview process. If after all the hassle your potential caregiver went through I hope she will be given autorization to participate in the LCP. If the Canadian embassy denies her application then she can appeal the decision justifying that the visa officer has committed a breach of natural justice not following the protocol set up by immigration. Immigration officer can not base an application based on the person the applicant is dating. Don't you think?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree... and I'm appalled a visa officer thinks a boyfriend of a few months is a family member...perhaps in Canada he is but not in Africa and you would think a visa officer in an African country would be aware of the culture. :eek: Most(if not all) African cultures are conservative when it comes to dating and if she is a native Zimbabwean, chances are her parents probably don't know he exists.lol Until a man visits a girl's parents and declares his intentions to marry her and follows through, he is simply considered a friend. So no, he would not be on her application as a family member.

Susie1979 said:
Her application has not being denied yet, but I am as surprised as you are that the Visa Officer went that far in the interview process. If after all the hassle your potential caregiver went through I hope she will be given autorization to participate in the LCP. If the Canadian embassy denies her application then she can appeal the decision justifying that the visa officer has committed a breach of natural justice not following the protocol set up by immigration. Immigration officer can not base an application based on the person the applicant is dating. Don't you think?

Hina01

Aug 3, 2012
Hi faithey !
Hope u will be fine, 27 female Phillipino have u still need nanny ?
i have completed caregiver program certificates of First Aid etc internship in hospital, 2 years experience in Kuwait. my contract will end this December. if u need any information we can talk on skype.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hello Hina01, thank you for the offer. However, my hopefully soon to be nanny and I have put a lot of effort and time into developing a great relationship, and she is the perfect fit for our family. I will do what it takes to have her join us. In the meantime I have a part time helper who assists us. Good luck finding a family though. Take care.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I don't think you are who or what you claim to be!

Hina01 said:
Hi faithey !
i have completed caregiver program certificates of First Aid etc internship in hospital, 2 years experience in Kuwait. my contract will end this December. if u need any information we can talk on skype.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;quote=1758470;topic=118081.0;num_replies=2;sesc=0b4f06c59eb537d71e4da8048d2a4ee2

Hina01 said:
Hi crazysystem
I am 27 Phillipino currently in kuwait have 2 years experience, can u tell how can i go as live care giver which steps i need like agency ???
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;topic=118788.msg1758442;quote=1758442;sesc=0b4f06c59eb537d71e4da8048d2a4ee2

Hina01 said:
Hi
i want to hire a care giver for my daughter she is 11 year old. my wife don't work and stay at home. i live in rented house and my earning is 2000 CAD so can any one tell me how much financial income i need to show the CIC i heard that i need my own house like this ?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;topic=115228.msg1681741;quote=1681741;sesc=0b4f06c59eb537d71e4da8048d2a4ee2

Hina01 said:
Hope Everything is going Fine !!!

I have a question here do CHC check for educational documents ? I mean i have done B-Tech and have good marks except 10th grade which is 49%.......So my consultant told me that he will make a fake 10th grade certificate which is same like original ( Background Shadow Faded printing etc ) he said after that he ca also able to attest that from foreign office using personal contact.
I know him bcoz my other friend also do that same thing to get a job and then move to canada. No problem from his side.
But the question is that CHC checks it online ? As it is already verify from Foreign office or they not check ???

I have fair marks in 12th n Btech

Plz help !!!

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
I agree job seeker. I did a search of the past posts, and a few days ago they were posting as someone who is wanting to bring a caregiver to Canada, and enquiring about income requirements. I didnt realize until after I responded to them though.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry got a bit pissed. I am from the Philippines myself and when somebody claims s/he is also from the Philippines, s/he should at least be able to spell correctly how nationals from the Philippines are called.

faithey said:
I agree job seeker. I did a search of the past posts, and a few days ago they were posting as someone who is wanting to bring a caregiver to Canada, and enquiring about income requirements. I didnt realize until after I responded to them though.

Hina01

Aug 3, 2012
Well first of all how can u comment without know any one.........i have lots of room mates here already they use same account. Be careful next time u say something about some one. i was giving my skype so anyone can have live face to face conservation. So what remains next ?
faithey u can help me by giving the website link of aupair or by giving consultant who can help me. thankyou

Simplyme

Feb 26, 2012
job_seeker said:
Sorry got a bit pissed. I am from the Philippines myself and when somebody claims s/he is also from the Philippines, s/he should at least be able to spell correctly how nationals from the Philippines are called.

Agree job_seeker.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
And so you're the 27 female Phillipino looking for a nanny job?

Hina01 said:
Hi faithey !
Why not apply to your room mates who used your account? I think you have two room mates looking for a nanny, one has an 11 year old and the other has a 10 year old.

Hina01 said:
Hi
i want to hire a care giver for my daughter she is 11 year old. my wife don't work and stay at home. i live in rented house and my earning is 2000 CAD so can any one tell me how much financial income i need to show the CIC i heard that i need my own house like this ?
Hina01 said:
Hi
i want to hire a female live in caregiver for my daughter, she is 10.
How much income proof i need to show ?
Hina01 said:
Well first of all how can u comment without know any one.........i have lots of room mates here already they use same account. Be careful next time u say something about some one. i was giving my skype so anyone can have live face to face conservation. So what remains next ?
faithey u can help me by giving the website link of aupair or by giving consultant who can help me. thankyou