+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Open Work Permit got refused and my wife Study Permit was approved.

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, I really need your help guys. My wife is moving forward with her process already provided her medical exam but my open work permit was refused due to the following reason: “I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.” We don’t know what to do next and we don’t consider this is fair. We are a strong marriage and we have jobs here in our country, we need your advice and help. Thank you

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Sorry to hear this. When and where did you apply from ? How long is the study program ? How much did you show altogether?
Hi, I really need your help guys. My wife is moving forward with her process already provided her medical exam but my open work permit was refused due to the following reason: “I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.” We don’t know what to do next and we don’t consider this is fair. We are a strong marriage and we have jobs here in our country, we need your advice and help. Thank you

Butuco

Aug 7, 2021
Hey man, im also Honduran, and i applied for a study permit and my wife applied for the Open Study Permit. Whats your profession? When did you start your process? Can you post your timeline?

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
SOWP aren’t’ guaranteed so not sure why not fair. You don’t seem to have enough funds for both of you can go to Canada. She can start her studies and you can apply again once she is in Canada.
How much money should a spouse show ? I thought it’s mostly based on the student funds

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
It is on the website how much funds as a minimum a couple should have. $10k for student and $4k for the spouse at a minimum.
Is ok if the spouse shows 11k Cad and the rest of the funds come from student for a family of 3

Aug 7, 2021
Hey man, im also Honduran, and i applied for a study permit and my wife applied for the Open Study Permit. Whats your profession? When did you start your process? Can you post your timeline?
Hey, how are you? I am an Economist, I have a lot of experience in BPO companies, we applied in april 16th and got our response in August 4th.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
So the spouse is showing $11k. What are the total funds?
Yes , but altogether it’s 65k + for a family of 3. Spouses and a 3 year old