+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Open Work Permit got refused and my wife Study Permit was approved.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Thank you, it's been tough, it's really discouraging and my wife won't travel without me.. it was never our idea to travel in separate times
Yes i agree, family reunification is everything. I also don’t want to go without my spouse

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Is first year tuition paid? If not how much. If your funds are liquid assets and you paid your first year tuition for 3 people, you should be okay.
No only deposit 5k cad. It’s for non sds . Program is 2 years . And i applied in June so still waiting on both of us

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, we paid 510 CAD to reserve our seat.. our college is NBCC.. So 11k for the tuition, 10k for the main applicant and 4k for me thats around 25k and we showed 27k cad
So you really don’t have enough funds for two people as you are showing the bare minimum with no real buffer.

Aug 7, 2021
So you really don’t have enough funds for two people as you are showing the bare minimum with no real buffer.
what would be the proper amount? i've seen people get their applications aproved for less than that.. please elaborate a little bit more, i don't understand

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what would be the proper amount? i've seen people get their applications aproved for less than that.. please elaborate a little bit more, i don't understand
You didn’t pay first year tuition so you are only showing $16k for two people. That is really the minimum amount. If people got approved with having less than $16k for 2 people then their profile may be strong in other areas. Your spouse hasn’t received an approved study permit yet? Wait to see if she receives it.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Its not about other peoples application getting approved, you can't build that as your justification, NO. Providing 27 out of 25 that is still minimum. POF seems to have changed, as before it requires One year tuition fee+ 10,000 living expenses (outside of Quebec)+ 4,000 first dependant. But now, it doesn't say one year tuition fee, and they added housing fee. I studied at UNB, I know rent around NBCC, if you add rent for the duration of the program you do not meet POF. VO was right in your situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Its not about other peoples application getting approved, you can't build that as your justification, NO. Providing 27 out of 25 that is still minimum. POF seems to have changed, as before it requires One year tuition fee+ 10,000 living expenses (outside of Quebec)+ 4,000 first dependant. But now, it doesn't say one year tuition fee, and they added housing fee. I studied at UNB, I know rent around NBCC, if you add rent for the duration of the program you do not meet POF. VO was right in your situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html
Thanks for explaining

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
You need to show that you can pay for your expenses and tuition fees to the visa officer. Have you shown to the visa officer how much you need to spend overall? Rent, flights, food, tuition, clothing, etc etc. What is the total cost of your expenses? Does your proof of finances support your ability to pay for everything?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
We showed 27k cad and my wife's program cost per year is 11k CAD and it is 2 years long.
did you show any additional proof of assets (home ownership, car, etc)? i dont think they have any doubts about marriage -- i think they have doubts that you dont have any reason to come back (if you didnt show you owned any assets).

also was your bank draft just showing the current balance or did it have a yearly balance (or balance for 4+ months)