SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hello guys,

By the grace of almighty God I reached Toronto on 4th July.

The immigration process was easy at the airport since there was not much queue ahead of us. But later on many new immigrants lined up behind us.

At the newly landed immigrant counter, the officer only checked my bank draft for POF but not counted the actual money that I was carrying.

We were neither given any booklets/palmplatets anywhere nor given any information meant for newly landed immigrants.

At customs, a lady officer asked me about goods to follow list. I told her, I do not have any goods to follow but I have “goods accompanying list” with photographs of gold jewellery. I tried to show her but she said its ok, and allowed us to exit. She did not bother to take one copy of it either.

SIN Card application: When I arrive in Canada, myself and two kids were terribly sick. After rest of 2 days I went to nearby services Canada office and applied for SIN card for all of us. We had pre-filled SIN card application forms ready but they do not require that. We did not take kids with us (13yrs and 10 years old) for SIN card application and no signature is required anywhere.
The only important is ur COPR(landing papers) and passports.

Took "Public mobile" connections for me and my wife. Just 15$ per month plus taxes but no caller ID. If you need caller ID 5$ more per month ( I came to know later). It is unlimited free local calling within Canada. For unlimited international calling (many countries including India) it is 30$ +taxes.

Got internet connection from Rogers since they have promotions going on.

Some aftershocks:

1) Since I had plenty luggage (8 big suitcases+ 4 small) my relative had organised a big vehicle to pick me up from the airport. When I was heading towards my apartment I came to know that the van driver itself is a qualified electrical engineer(B.Eng.) with many years of experience in his home country. He said, he could't get a job so driving a van for time being (?). He landed 7 years ago. It was relatively big shock for me because I am also an Electrical Engineer

But hold on-
I met one Indian lady who came to visit my relative, @ 40 years of age, landed 10 years ago, now working as a Director in a big American company (based in Canada)

Met one Mecnanical Engineer, landed 6 years ago, doing menial job for 2.5 years after landing, got upgraded his education in Canadian university and now working in a govt. with very high salary.

This is all about my landing and experiences.

You guys need any help ? Please PM me, I will do my best to help you out.

God bless you all.

Regards,
SISH7255

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Thanks for sharing

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Thanks for sharing SISH, your experience is definitey valuable to others. Wish wonderful life in Canada.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to Canada

You will find mixed stories of success and struggles but as explorer said that anyone who works hard and in right direction, success will embrace them

goodwill

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad/london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
4-6-2009
AOR Received.
19-06-2008
IELTS Request
already given
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
17-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-11-2010
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
Congratulations on your successful landing.
Best of luck for future.Where r u planning to stay?Have u rent an apartment before landing.
Keep up posted for the upcoming days!!

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, like about driver B.E , hmm May be from some Bihar state university, I met 1 bihari here in the USA he is civil.engineer from Bihar state india, working as security guy in the USA, but now he have govt.job since last 10years, he is staying here in the USA since last 16years family based immigration. he is 60 years old now still working becauseof insurance and helping to family but he never got good job in the USA on his civil degree , its depend on person to person and what experience they have, sorry bihari log burra mat lagayiyo.. some people working and earning nice, but some lazy to find work or area where they lived is not good to find job.

anyway have a wonderfull life in Canada.

OMM

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Dear explorer, Omm, goodwill,Ankit_20, Mezo, bugsnette

Thank you very much for your good wishes.

Looking forward to meet you guys.

Regards,
SISH7255

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
goodwill said:
Congratulations on your successful landing.
Best of luck for future.Where r u planning to stay?Have u rent an apartment before landing.
Keep up posted for the upcoming days!!
Currently I am living at East York area, close to all amenities. It is good for newcomes since we do not have a car to go around.

jandox

May 17, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
16-Mar-2010
Med's Request
23-Jun-2011
Med's Done....
11-Jul-2011
Interview........
25-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
6-Sept-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-Oct-2011
SISH7255 said:
Hello guys,

The immigration process was easy at the airport since there was not much queue ahead of us. But later on many new immigrants lined up behind us.

At the newly landed immigrant counter, the officer only checked my bank draft for POF but not counted the actual money that I was carrying.

We were neither given any booklets/palmplatets anywhere nor given any information meant for newly landed immigrants.

At customs, a lady officer asked me about goods to follow list. I told her, I do not have any goods to follow but I have “goods accompanying list” with photographs of gold jewellery. I tried to show her but she said its ok, and allowed us to exit. She did not bother to take one copy of it either.

SIN Card application: When I arrive in Canada, myself and two kids were terribly sick. After rest of 2 days I went to nearby services Canada office and applied for SIN card for all of us. We had pre-filled SIN card application forms ready but they do not require that. We did not take kids with us (13yrs and 10 years old) for SIN card application and no signature is required anywhere.

Took "Public mobile" connections for me and my wife. Just 15$ per month plus taxes but no caller ID. If you need caller ID 5$ more per month ( I came to know later). It is unlimited free local calling within Canada. For unlimited international calling (many countries including India) it is 30$ +taxes.

Some aftershocks:

1) Since I had plenty luggage (8 big suitcases+ 4 small) my relative had organised a big vehicle to pick me up from the airport. When I was heading towards my apartment I came to know that the van driver itself is a qualified electrical engineer(B.Eng.) with many years of experience in his home country. He said, he could't get a job so driving a van for time being (?). He landed 7 years ago. It was relatively big shock for me because I am also an Electrical Engineer

But hold on-
I met one Indian lady who came to visit my relative, @ 40 years of age, landed 10 years ago, now working as a Director in a big American company (based in Canada)

Met one Mecnanical Engineer, landed 6 years ago, doing menial job for 2.5 years after landing, got upgraded his education in Canadian university and now working in a govt. with very high salary.

God bless you all.

Regards,
SISH7255
Hello SISH7255!

Congratulations to your journey!

I have a question in mind. What is the best bank for new immigrants?

Thank you and God bless!

Om_sai01

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Send to NDVO After "SAI" Kirpa
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
After "SAI" Kirpa
Med's Request
Received After "SAI" Kirpa
Med's Done....
Done After "SAI" Kirpa
Interview........
Already Waived by " SAI"
Passport Req..
Send to NDVO After "SAI" Kirpa
VISA ISSUED...
Received the VISA After "SAI" Kirpa
LANDED..........
After "SAI" Kirpa
Dear Friend,

good luck to you & your family.

Thanks to SAI

OM SAI RAM

oluism

Nov 7, 2011
Hi House,

Been a follower of this blog for a while, I was in Accra last week Monday to pick my visa and that of my wife. We should be landing sometimes in December. Anybody with useful information on the following

1. Cheap short stay accommodation In Calgary and Ontario e.g website

2. what is the required Proof of funds for two people at the entry point.

If you are on the waiting list, please hang in there it takes a a while, ours took two years, we started our application September 2009.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
jandox said:
Hello SISH7255!

Congratulations to your journey!

I have a question in mind. What is the best bank for new immigrants?

Thank you and God bless!
Hi jandox,

I have account with scotia bank. It is good for new immigrants since there is no fee for one year. Again you will get $1000 visa credit card in @2 weeks.

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
SISH7255 said:
Hello guys,

Some aftershocks:

But hold on-

God bless you all.

Regards,
SISH7255
Thanks SISH for your wonderful sharing..