MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed71 said:
Dear Hmisabpk
I have been reading your threads from the beginning and it has been tremendously informative to newcomers. I also landed with my family the same time when you landed in May 2010 in Toronto and returned to our country after getting the PRs and did not go again as I am having a job here which I did not want to leave thinking all the difficulties being in Canada getting the same job. I am now very fast approaching the 3 year maximum time limit which any PR can be away from Canada. As you have been completing almost 3 years there in Toronto, I am asking the following a few questions which will help me plan my future course of action.
1- How difficult is for a family ( lady+ 3 kids (age 13-10 years) to live alone near school and supermarkets nearby a resident family so that they will not lose the PR status.
2- Suppose if I could not accompany them, as I do not want to leave my job, what is the available ways to visit the family frequently.
3- What is your opinion whether it is worth migrating leaving a good job, as you have had the practical experience whether you got the job you wanted within a short period of your stay in 2010 itself.

I am sure that your personal inputs will be more helpful in paving the way for making final decision.
Regards
Ahmed
PS: If you wish you can reply on
syedahmed.q @ gmail.com

Hi Ahmed,

Your queries are replied – Please check your e-mail

hmisabpk

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:

Hi Ahmed,

Your queries are replied – Please check your e-mail

hmisabpk
Dear Sir,

It would be highly beneficial for others as well if you share atleast your views about Question: 3 (of Ahmad71 post) on forum.

I feel that I'm also in same boat & thereby, your practical experience about Canada will be quite worthy.

Thanks & JazakAllah.

kaleem_7

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
12-07-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
April 28, 2013 Alhamdulillah!
hmisabpk said:
(Reposted with more details)

What is the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)?

The CCTB provides money to eligible families to help them with the costs of raising children.
You have to be eligible to receive the CCTB. One of the requirements is that you are a Canadian resident for tax purposes. (This is not the same as residency for immigration purposes)

How much will I receive?
The CCTB includes a basic benefit, a National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) and a Child Disability Benefit (CDB).

The amount you receive is based on:
• The number of qualified children you have, and their ages;
• Where you live in Canada;
• Your adjusted family net income for the previous tax year; and
• Your child's eligibility for the disability amount.
You can use the Child and Family Benefits Online Calculator to get an estimate of the amount you may receive. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/icbc/simnet/cctbCurrent-e
Many community agencies can help you find information about child and family tax benefits.

Canada child tax benefit (CCTB)
The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. The CCTB may include the
• National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS)
• Child Disability Benefit (CDB)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/menu-eng.html

National Child Benefit (NCBS)
The National Child Benefit is a joint initiative of the federal, provincial, and territorial governments that will:
• help prevent and reduce the depth of child poverty;
• promote attachment to the workforce by ensuring that families will always be better off as a result of working; and
• reduce overlap and duplication of government programs and services.

In July 1998, the Government of Canada enhanced the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) by introducing the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS). This supplement is the federal government's contribution to the National Child Benefit initiative.
The pamphlet entitled Canada Child Benefits contains more information about the National Child Benefit Supplement.
At : http://www.nationalchildbenefit.ca/eng/home.shtml

Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Use My Account to view specific payment and balance information related to your Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), GST/HST credit and related provincial and territorial programs

Use Quick Access to view your tax return status, RRSP deduction limit, and the status of your benefit payments

The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child.

Enrolment for the UCCB is processed through the Canada Child Benefits application or by applying online on My Account by using the Apply for child benefits service.

For CCTB application package you will get at the time of landing, it is also available at all neighbourhood office, service Canada, CRA and can be download from like below:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
Assalamualykum Brother,

Thank you very much for posting such informative post!!

Jazakallah Khari!!

I am planning to move in April inshallah, I will be seeking seeking help from ou very soon.

Allah hafiz.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Dear Sir,
It would be highly beneficial for others as well if you share atleast your views about Question: 3 (of Ahmad71 post) on forum.
I feel that I'm also in same boat & thereby, your practical experience about Canada will be quite worthy.
Thanks & JazakAllah.
Hi phdmaker,
I have received couple of PM also to post my reply here.
It is general opinion. Your situation may be same in regards to job and settlement but family circumstances, needs and family size may be different.
However, with job situation you may need to consider the children's education and their future as well. In addition you need to think about your residency status, whether or not your kids have the same privilege and rights? What about your kids' education and residency status if you lose your job? What about Home County whether or not they can adjust or manage with pollution, corruption, turmoil, law and order situation? Are they will be able to continue the same life style or same facilities? It is debateable things; you need to analyze very carefully both sides pros and cons before making any decision.

Following was my reply to Ahmad71
Ahmed71 said:
Dear Hmisabpk
I have been reading your threads from the beginning and it has been tremendously informative to newcomers. I also landed with my family the same time when you landed in May 2010 in Toronto and returned to our country after getting the PRs and did not go again as I am having a job here which I did not want to leave thinking all the difficulties being in Canada getting the same job. I am now very fast approaching the 3 year maximum time limit which any PR can be away from Canada. As you have been completing almost 3 years there in Toronto, I am asking the following a few questions which will help me plan my future course of action.
1- How difficult is for a family ( lady+ 3 kids (age 13-10 years) to live alone near school and supermarkets nearby a resident family so that they will not lose the PR status.
2- Suppose if I could not accompany them, as I do not want to leave my job, what is the available ways to visit the family frequently.
3- What is your opinion whether it is worth migrating leaving a good job, as you have had the practical experience whether you got the job you wanted within a short period of your stay in 2010 itself.
I am sure that your personal inputs will be more helpful in paving the way for making final decision.
Regards
Ahmed
PS: If you wish you can reply on
syedahmed.q @ gmail.com
"A.o.A,
1. It is not difficult to stay and manage with kids, as they are big enough to take care by their self. You need to check the area, community and neighborhood very carefully.
2. Visit visa and / or sponsorship required
3. Depends on your profession, if it is not regulatory profession you may get equal or better job (some immigrants got better than their home country)

Everyone has the individual circumstances; you have to check whether your family and kids can manage without you in new country?
It is very safe, secure, and peaceful county but at the same time it is free country (everything is quit open) and teenage kids may need more attention and care comparing with back home, where you can ask family, friends or relatives to help.
I am not scaring or terrifying you, I'm telling the facts, and this is the reality?
You have to take decision what is more important for you and what is better for your kids future.

I think you better analyze carefully by yourself before taking any decision, for short term may doesn't cause any problem but for long period? You have to think twice??

Hope that helps,
(hmisabpk)"
hope that helps,

hmisabpk

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi phdmaker,
I have received couple of PM also to post my reply here.
It is general opinion. Your situation may be same in regards to job and settlement but family circumstances, needs and family size may be different.
However, with job situation you may need to consider the children's education and their future as well. In addition you need to think about your residency status, whether or not your kids have the same privilege and rights? What about your kids' education and residency status if you lose your job? What about Home County whether or not they can adjust or manage with pollution, corruption, turmoil, law and order situation? Are they will be able to continue the same life style or same facilities? It is debateable things; you need to analyze very carefully both sides pros and cons before making any decision.

Following was my reply to Ahmad71

hope that helps,

hmisabpk
JazakAllah brother.

My case is at Meds-request stage & with the positive progress in case & I would like to gain more info from u regarding settling & job hunt issues.

Hope u don't mind as u always been very supportive to everyone on this forum.

Take care & best wishes.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
JazakAllah brother.

My case is at Meds-request stage & with the positive progress in case & I would like to gain more info from u regarding settling & job hunt issues.

Hope u don't mind as u always been very supportive to everyone on this forum.

Take care & best wishes.
No problem Brother

Insha'Allah I will.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaleem_7 said:
Assalamualykum Brother,

Thank you very much for posting such informative post!!

Jazakallah Khari!!

I am planning to move in April inshallah, I will be seeking seeking help from ou very soon.

Allah hafiz.
Hi Kaleem,

No problem I will be happy to assist you (Insha'Allah)

hmisabpk

Mahen82

Oct 20, 2011
Dear forum members

Request to suggest what are the documents to be collected for credential assessments.

Mahen82

Mahen82

Oct 20, 2011
Dear Forum members

Also suggest that if transcript certificates are only enough for the credential assessment.

Mahen82

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahen82 said:
Dear Forum members
Also suggest that if transcript certificates are only enough for the credential assessment.
Mahen82
Hi mahen82,

Your original certificates and transcript will be enough for credential assessment.

hmisabpk

Mahen82

Oct 20, 2011
hmisabpk said:
Hi mahen82,

Your original certificates and transcript will be enough for credential assessment.

hmisabpk

Hello hmisabpk

Thanks for the information. I read a lot of yours and Qorax info sharing, these tips becomes a good direction for all our newbies in an alien land and in this forum too. Special kudos to you and Qorax too.I would like to receive your advise on the employment opportunities on HR and Social Work. What are your comments on getting in to education field, especially in to teaching for management subjects. Awaiting....

Mahen82

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahen82 said:
Hello hmisabpk
Thanks for the information. I read a lot of yours and Qorax info sharing, these tips becomes a good direction for all our newbies in an alien land and in this forum too. Special kudos to you and Qorax too.I would like to receive your advise on the employment opportunities on HR and Social Work. What are your comments on getting in to education field, especially in to teaching for management subjects. Awaiting....
Mahen82
Hi Mahen82,
Thank you for nice words.
For employment opportunities you can visit my thread reply # 572. (Link below)
For teaching you need certification in teaching.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.15.html

for teacher training:

http://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaam Bhai

I have a query regarding credential assessment.

I am a B.Com Graduate from Hyderabad, India.

I want to know if transcripts from Osmania University and Board of Intermediate are enough, or I need to obtain transcripts from Board of Secondary Education (S.S.C.). Please let me know.

Allah haafiz

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
Dear hmisabpk, I got my VISA & COPR and planning to land in Toronto in June. How is the job Market for IT Professionals in networking field and what is the salary range with the experience of 10+ years...

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
sm001 said:
Salaam Bhai

I have a query regarding credential assessment.

I am a B.Com Graduate from Hyderabad, India.

I want to know if transcripts from Osmania University and Board of Intermediate are enough, or I need to obtain transcripts from Board of Secondary Education (S.S.C.). Please let me know.

Allah haafiz
Did your B.Com took 4 years or 2 years, if it is 4 years then you might be considered equivalent to Bachelor degree in Canada.

For assessmet you can send the Degree and marks sheet of B.Com only