24-09-2012 | 17-10-2012
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2013
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hi Sridev

Congratulations for safe landing. And thank u for sharing ur experience.

Cheers...

sridev said:
my 5 days experience in Canada. I would first like to express my heartfelt thanks for all.
Thanks for reading patiently.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geeyes said:
Dear hmisabpk,

Expecting your valuable advice.

Regards

Geeyes
Hi geeyes,

Sorry I missed your queries, ASK has replied with the best answer.

I hope that reply helps,

hmisabpk

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear friend,

As rightly said "ASK" explains clearly. Thanks

hmisabpk said:
Hi geeyes,

Sorry I missed your queries, ASK has replied with the best answer.

I hope that reply helps,

hmisabpk

Happycan

Jan 19, 2013
Hi hmisabpk ,

I am new here on the forum,but your posts about Canada living are really wonderful for newcomers.

I have read almost all your posts,and have some queries :

1)I have 3 daughters whose ages are 11,10 and 4,so how much child tax benefit can I get?

2)As there is Bill no. 13 in Ontario Public schools,so am afraid,but kindly throw light on Thorncliffe public school academics,that does this school has bill 13 education or still on hold ?

3) Is there any arrangement for Arabic and Urdu Languages teaching in your school?(I read on their website Sept.11 newsletter).

4)What is the rent of 2 bedrooms apt. in your building/area?

May Allah bless you and your family.Amen.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Dear hmisabpk

i have a question , i was wondering if there is a trend of husband/wife both working in Canada and how do they manage it if having small kids age of 3 and 6 years ?
i am in gulf state and usually here people hire maid and manage but i hear that it is bit expensive in Canada , is that true ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Dear hmisabpk

i have a question , i was wondering if there is a trend of husband/wife both working in Canada and how do they manage it if having small kids age of 3 and 6 years ?
i am in gulf state and usually here people hire maid and manage but i hear that it is bit expensive in Canada , is that true ?
I heard people hire nannies or Indonesian maid to look after their children. Yes a bit expensive in Canada comparing Hong Kong and Taiwan.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(Reposted with more details)

What is the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)?

The CCTB provides money to eligible families to help them with the costs of raising children.
You have to be eligible to receive the CCTB. One of the requirements is that you are a Canadian resident for tax purposes. (This is not the same as residency for immigration purposes)

How much will I receive?
The CCTB includes a basic benefit, a National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) and a Child Disability Benefit (CDB).

The amount you receive is based on:
• The number of qualified children you have, and their ages;
• Where you live in Canada;
• Your adjusted family net income for the previous tax year; and
• Your child's eligibility for the disability amount.
You can use the Child and Family Benefits Online Calculator to get an estimate of the amount you may receive. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/icbc/simnet/cctbCurrent-e
Many community agencies can help you find information about child and family tax benefits.

Canada child tax benefit (CCTB)
The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. The CCTB may include the
• National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS)
• Child Disability Benefit (CDB)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/menu-eng.html

National Child Benefit (NCBS)
The National Child Benefit is a joint initiative of the federal, provincial, and territorial governments that will:
• help prevent and reduce the depth of child poverty;
• promote attachment to the workforce by ensuring that families will always be better off as a result of working; and
• reduce overlap and duplication of government programs and services.

In July 1998, the Government of Canada enhanced the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) by introducing the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS). This supplement is the federal government's contribution to the National Child Benefit initiative.
The pamphlet entitled Canada Child Benefits contains more information about the National Child Benefit Supplement.
At : http://www.nationalchildbenefit.ca/eng/home.shtml

Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Use My Account to view specific payment and balance information related to your Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), GST/HST credit and related provincial and territorial programs

Use Quick Access to view your tax return status, RRSP deduction limit, and the status of your benefit payments

The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child.

Enrolment for the UCCB is processed through the Canada Child Benefits application or by applying online on My Account by using the Apply for child benefits service.

For CCTB application package you will get at the time of landing, it is also available at all neighbourhood office, service Canada, CRA and can be download from like below:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happycan said:
Hi hmisabpk ,
I am new here on the forum,but your posts about Canada living are really wonderful for newcomers.
I have read almost all your posts,and have some queries :
1)I have 3 daughters whose ages are 11,10 and 4,so how much child tax benefit can I get?
2)As there is Bill no. 13 in Ontario Public schools,so am afraid,but kindly throw light on Thorncliffe public school academics,that does this school has bill 13 education or still on hold ?
3) Is there any arrangement for Arabic and Urdu Languages teaching in your school?(I read on their website Sept.11 newsletter).
4)What is the rent of 2 bedrooms apt. in your building/area?
May Allah bless you and your family.Amen.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi Happycan,

Thanks for appreciation.
1. Child tax benefits depend on family income, age of child. CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) has given the calculator on their website, you can enter your information and it will show how much you will be eligible to receive CCTB, and UCCB. ( information reposted below)
2. Well, it is guide line not curriculum, (according to the board and ministry of education) technically it is not on hold neither started. Topic is covered in this thread and school council’s newsletter ( which you are referring) you may visit this blogs after couple of weeks http://thorncliffeparks.blogspot.ca/ , http://thorncliffeparkps.blogspot.ca/
3. Yes there is, and additional Madrasa class also available (run by Darul Islam Society of Toronto and ICNA)
4. $ 1100 – $1500 per month

May Allah bless you & your family.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Dear hmisabpk
Hi Jamy,

1. Many day care licensed facilities are available. (Little bit expensive $2 – $5 per hour per child)
2. Similarly home based day cares are also available and some people arranged mutually to manage with their neighbor or family friends home (less expensive)
3. For both working couple, or staying parents government subsidized day care is also available.
4. It is true in Canada everything is expensive comparing with Middle East or other part of the world. (not only the child care)
5. Later you may sponsor your family member or relative ( as nannies on work visa)

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
hmisabpk said:
Hi Jamy,

1. Many day care licensed facilities are available. (Little bit expensive $2 – $5 per hour per child)
2. Similarly home based day cares are also available and some people arranged mutually to manage with their neighbor or family friends home (less expensive)
3. For both working couple, or staying parents government subsidized day care is also available.
4. It is true in Canada everything is expensive comparing with Middle East or other part of the world. (not only the child care)
5. Later you may sponsor your family member or relative ( as nannies on work visa)

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
Thank You so much dear for replying .God bless you :)

Happycan

Jan 19, 2013
Hi Sir,

Thanks for replying dear.....
One thing to ask ,when click on thorncliffeparks blogspot it opens,but any link or newsletter of school doesn't open and says This page is removed from this blog...
How to get into those links and newsletters? Kindly guide me....
What is the fees for Urdu , Arabic language and Madrasa class in your school for one kid?
Jazakullah for your all help........

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happycan said:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for replying dear.....
One thing to ask ,when click on thorncliffeparks blogspot it opens,but any link or newsletter of school doesn't open and says This page is removed from this blog...
How to get into those links and newsletters? Kindly guide me....
What is the fees for Urdu , Arabic language and Madrasa class in your school for one kid?
Jazakullah for your all help........
Hi Happycan,

1. That Blog-spot is managed by school principal, recently new principal has taken over, the blog will be resumed in couple of weeks Same or new)
2. I can provide you the next newsletter or link when it’s available. (Council is going to launch new website and all newsletter will be available online)
3. Fee is very nominal ($ 10 - $ 30 per child)

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

Ahmed71

Jan 13, 2013
Dear Hmisabpk
I have been reading your threads from the beginning and it has been tremendously informative to newcomers. I also landed with my family the same time when you landed in May 2010 in Toronto and returned to our country after getting the PRs and did not go again as I am having a job here which I did not want to leave thinking all the difficulties being in Canada getting the same job. I am now very fast approaching the 3 year maximum time limit which any PR can be away from Canada. As you have been completing almost 3 years there in Toronto, I am asking the following a few questions which will help me plan my future course of action.
1- How difficult is for a family ( lady+ 3 kids (age 13-10 years) to live alone near school and supermarkets nearby a resident family so that they will not lose the PR status.
2- Suppose if I could not accompany them, as I do not want to leave my job, what is the available ways to visit the family frequently.
3- What is your opinion whether it is worth migrating leaving a good job, as you have had the practical experience whether you got the job you wanted within a short period of your stay in 2010 itself.

I am sure that your personal inputs will be more helpful in paving the way for making final decision.

Regards

Ahmed

PS: If you wish you can reply on
syedahmed.q@gmail.com