Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Agree with Lynn...

You must keep good records...and I will be telling my husband to make sure he gets the name of anyone that calls him!!

I really hope this is just a case of confusion and you hear from them sooner than later...and a positive response.

If your husband felt good about the interview I would go with that. I would remain positive until you hear anything back from them. I know it is easy for everyone else to say..... ::)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
Definitely she should get her ducks in a row and be keeping a log of all communications. But I am cautioning jumping the gun on anything. Let them make their decision, then do what is required. Going after them BEFORE they've even made a decision - just doesn't make sense.

With all the confusion they could call next week!
Absolutely true.

Habibti said:
She told him it takes 4 to 5 months to do the security checks and he asked her very politely if they could do them as fast as they can as his medicals will expire the first week of January. He also told her he was impatient to be in Canada with me so he can help me. He repeated a few times how much we suffer to be away from each other.
This just makes me think that somehow, the security checks were not requested when they received and started processing the file. That's not normal administrative procedure for that office BUT it's happened before and they can be requested at ANY time during the process so this is not technically an error that has a remedy other than to wait until they are received. CIC does not do these checks, CSIS does so CIC has no control over how long it takes. But normally, it doesn't take too long with Morocco. Nobody gets PR without these being completed. Everything else you posted about the interview sounds like it went well. Ordering the CAIPS will tell you what the VO was typing while your husband was talking.

Habibti said:
Questions! My husband told me he was told by the officer that the checks will be done in Canada. How is it possible? He never left Morocco! Do you think the checks will be done quickly as him and his family did nothing wrong, he was never involved in politics or military life, never travelled, was never married before, lived at the same address since childhood?
CSIS does these checks and they are in Canada. They are the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service. They communicate with "like" agencies in other countries to do the checks.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Rjessome and Charlie are giving sound advice, but I suggest NOT waiting until a decision is made before sending an email to the embassy's program manager asking for clarification of what seem to be contradictory signals from the embassy. You have explained them well; just do so again in the email.

The advantage of early action is that the program manager might review the file and have a talk with the VO in charge of giving a decision, thus heading off a possibly-negative train of thought. If there is sufficient evidence to approve the visa, that might be the end of it.

But don't make the email seem a complaint, which could increase a negative attitude toward your file. Instead, make the email a reasonable request for clarification.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
toby said:
Rjessome and Charlie are giving sound advice, but I suggest NOT waiting until a decision is made before sending an email to the embassy's program manager asking for clarification of what seem to be contradictory signals from the embassy. You have explained them well; just do so again in the email.

The advantage of early action is that the program manager might review the file and have a talk with the VO in charge of giving a decision, thus heading off a possibly-negative train of thought. If there is sufficient evidence to approve the visa, that might be the end of it.

But don't make the email seem a complaint, which could increase a negative attitude toward your file. Instead, make the email a reasonable request for clarification.
I am grateful that Rjessome and Charlie are giving me sound advice and excellent information. Thank you for your advice. I will think about it. It sounds reasonable to me too!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, where this stuff started to go wrong was with the ``pay the RPRF while you are in Morocco because there`s a good chance he`s coming home with you soon`` and ``definite answer in 25 days`` communications. Why give unofficial (and obviously inaccurate) assurances/predictions about someone`s case? I know it`s not `cuz CIC wants to ``make it easier`` on people or give them some hope - when did they start concerning themselves with that? It comes down to incompetence and not following procedures that are in place for a reason.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
i want to throw something positive here.....who knows, maybe they didn't want to look at the pictures because they trust so much the relationship that it was not necessary??

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Inlandappl said:
i want to throw something positive here.....who knows, maybe they didn't want to look at the pictures because they trust so much the relationship that it was not necessary??
I thought of that too! We sent pictures, boarding passes, emails, msn chats, letters & postcards along with our application to Mississauga in February. And when the visa office phoned my husband on June 27, they asked him questions and also they asked him to come the following day to deliver more pictures, more emails and more msn chats.

So maybe the convocation letter for the interview received end of August is a standard letter that is sent to everyone. In that letter, they asked to bring to the interview boarding passes, pictures, emails, msn chats, phone bills, etc. So since it was maybe a standard letter, not a personalized one, then what my husband brought at the interview was not necessary since he gave already to the visa office extra evidence/proofs in June.

And it was my understanding that once they ask for RPRF, it means they believe the relationship is genuine. If it is the case, as you said, then it would be a big load off my shoulders because I thought the big age gap between my husband and I would raise concerns.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Inlandappl said:
That's a good suggestion. My wife was asked to bring any additional proof of our relationship (e.g. photos, and we decided to get a neighbour to write a letter saying we are a couple), but the VO barely looked at it. He glanced at the letter, but I suspect that he did so only because I drew his attention to it specifically (because I thought it was more persuasive than more photos).

I suspect the VO just wants to see if such additional documentation exists, and he/she can judge that simply by looking at the thickness of the batch of documents. They simply don't have time to peruse each photo during the interview.

As it happened, our interview went smoothly, so don't be discouraged by the fact that the VO did not look at your documentation.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
toby said:

I cannot believe it! Like I said in one of my previous postings, it seems that I always have odd things coming my way! This summer when I came back from Morocco to visit my husband, I did not have much money left and since I was out of the country I could not receive employment insurance benefits. So my son told me to put an add on Internet so I can give private French lessons. This is what I have been doing for the past 10 years, but only for primary and high school students from September to June. Thousands of people go on the website Craigslist every day and ONLY ONE person replied to my add. It is a woman who needs to learn French for professional reasons and she has been looking for a French tutor who could come to her house twice a week.

So I went there tonight for the first time. The amazing thing is that I learned she is a Baha'i and I am a Baha'i too!!!! But not only that! When I asked her why she wanted to learn French, she told me she is an immigration consultant!!!! I must have jumped pretty high lol lol What are the chances in a million to find a person who belongs to the same spiritual community as me and who works in the immigration field??? Almost none! lol She has her own agency for the past 7 years.

So I told her my story... she told me I should write to the visa office to have clarification about our application. Not a complaint letter! But a nice polite letter to explain the reasons why I am confused. She even told me to call her anytime if I needed help or if I had any questions! How marvelous is that? Really... I am blessed!

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti said:
Why they said it will take 4 to 6 months to do the security checks, but we might get a refusal letter after 2 months? It does not make sense!!! They have to wait until all the security checks are done before refusing us!
how long did you take since you submit ur package

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
madatito2000 said:
how long did you take since you submit ur package
I sent our application to Mississauga in February. Then, in March our file was transferred to Rabat. You can see the timelines of a member under the picture on the left side of the screen.

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thank you for sharing your story and for all who shared advice and suggestions which may apply to so many others. have there been any updates to your story since the last posting i see from Sept 2011? best of luck

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
CanadaNow said:
Thank you for sharing your story and for all who shared advice and suggestions which may apply to so many others. have there been any updates to your story since the last posting i see from Sept 2011? best of luck
You did not read all my posts on this thread? There are so many until now:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.5820.html

By the way, my husband is going to land in Canada on January 18 :D

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I must have missed that. Your story inspired a lot of people. Thank you for the reply!!