+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My friend visitor visa got declined!! Help please!

BrookJ

Apr 24, 2017
It states that they are not satisfied that he will leave Canada.. due to the following:

1) travel history.
Which I don't understand because he has NEVER travelled outside of his country. And I did state that he has never travelled before..

2) Family ties in Canada and country of residence
I fully filled out the family form accordingly.. and never stated he has family in Canada.. just me, his girlfriend.. and we have sent pictures of us together and my birth certificate.. what else do I need for proof of this??

3) Purpose of visit
I wrote in my letter of invitation about his purpose of visit and in the letter of explanation.. is there a way you are supposed to be more specific about this?? Maybe proof that we are gonna go on a tour or something? He is simply just visiting me and mostly meeting my family.. how do I prove that? Am I supposed to get my letter notarized?? Or can I just sign it?

4) proof of personal assets and financial status
We did send a letter from his employer in, as well as my a T4 from my employer and my bank statements.. seeing as I will be the one fully supporting him while he is here.. and I did state that I am supporting him. I will definitely include his bank statements as well for our second try.. but is there anything else I am missing?? What is considered a personal asset?

Thank you for anyone's input.. or personal experiences.. or tips.
Also, is there someone I can speak to in person like the embassy?.. I'm in British Columbia.

dh200

Apr 23, 2017
With Travel History, if one shows a track record of always returning and within the Visa Dates, this helps. In your case you were honest and there's nothing you can do.

You want to note family ties of country of residence i.e. to show that the invitee has a reason to return home, so that it's more likely to indeed be a visitor. Then again you did include a letter from his employer.

A letter from your parents/family saying he's meeting them would also help. Getting your invitation letter notarized will help.

You could try phoning Immigration Canada and inquire with them.

snic15

May 14, 2015
He needs to provide his own bank statement, ideally 4-6 month. Also "Family tie" is considered wife/child and parents, he needs to submit birth certificate of his parents and not yours, as "girlfriend' can't be considered as a family tie, unless you are engaged. To provide more ties to his home country he can as well submit the copy of property ownership: House, Land, Car or what ever he owns. As a travel history goes, V.O is simply concerned that he may not leave Canada after his stay as he never traveled to any other country before. While having a travel experience is not mandatory, it considerably boosts the chances. Also about your statement that your are fully supporting his stay there, all you can provide for him is a house. He needs to buy tickets on his own and have some cash while he will be there, thus, his bank statement.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BrookJ said:
1) travel history.
Which I don't understand because he has NEVER travelled outside of his country. And I did state that he has never travelled before..

2) Family ties in Canada and country of residence
I fully filled out the family form accordingly.. and never stated he has family in Canada.. just me, his girlfriend.. and we have sent pictures of us together and my birth certificate.. what else do I need for proof of this??

3) Purpose of visit
I wrote in my letter of invitation about his purpose of visit and in the letter of explanation.. is there a way you are supposed to be more specific about this?? Maybe proof that we are gonna go on a tour or something? He is simply just visiting me and mostly meeting my family.. how do I prove that? Am I supposed to get my letter notarized?? Or can I just sign it?

4) proof of personal assets and financial status
We did send a letter from his employer in, as well as my a T4 from my employer and my bank statements.. seeing as I will be the one fully supporting him while he is here.. and I did state that I am supporting him. I will definitely include his bank statements as well for our second try.. but is there anything else I am missing?? What is considered a personal asset?

Also, is there someone I can speak to in person like the embassy?.. I'm in British Columbia.
1. The fact that he has no travel history IS the issue. Travel history to other developed countries shows that a person has respected the rules of other countries and therefore is likely to respect the rules of their stay in Canada.

2. You are the family tie they are referring to. Having a partner in Canada is a good reason to overstay.

3. Visiting you and your family is vague.

4. They don't want to see your financials. They want to see that he can support his own stay.

No, you can't call someone in the embassy.

How long of a visit did he request? What documents did he submit with the app?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) You've misunderstood the travel history refusal reason. They've listed this refusal reason since he has no past travel to countries requiring visas like the US, UK, etc.
2) He needs to focus on demonstrating ties to his home country. Demonstrating ties to you is a reason for refusal since it concerns CIC that he has strong ties to Canada than his home country and has plans to stay long term.
3) Purpose of visit means CIC has concerns they plan to remain in Canada long term. He needs to demonstrate stronger ties to his home country.
4) He needs to provide evidence that HE has the funds to pay for this trip.