+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience in canada

loftpopo

Oct 7, 2013
HI All,

I have been in Canada for almost 1 year and I want to share my experience with you especially for those who are planning to come in the future.

Let me say that all my expectations turned down!! It is hard to get a job either in Quebec or Ontario even if I have enough experience (6 years experience), i m multilingual (3 languages) and I have a PhD!!! people in Canada, they do not consider outside experience and if you have a higher degree its worst. Whatever you do, you will not get the chance to have a respectful job!!

My advice: do not lose your job in your country and come to Canada.If you insist to come, then get 2 month off and try!! To me i wish i did not come to Canada, I lost 1 year of my life for nothing and now i m planning to turn back home.

Please lets share our experience with others so as they can not be fooled with the Canadian dream

daserock

Jul 11, 2014
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read a lot of blogs about Canada experience as they said that it's hard at first. But still I'm willing to crossed it

just want to share this also " A heart-touching and extremely motivational seems to be true story of someone who immigrated to Canada under FSW"

... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/noc-0113-purchasing-manger-t230870.0.html;msg3920112#msg3920112

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
Thanks for sharing your experience... as u suggested my original plan is to not leave the job but work remotely from canada as my company is a multi national having presence in canada.

so i will be working remotely from their canadian office living off my current home salary ( which i think is enough to pay rent and have food ) in the meantime try to get jobs there and collect the PR in 3 months and if nothing happens come back to continue my job at my current location

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Now most of the companies are laying off people due to slump in oil price. Outside qualification and experiences are not considered by canada employers. Also winter is very severe, it is very dull and boring.

loftpopo

Oct 7, 2013
mono_co said:
Can you please elaborate more about your difficulties in your first year?
All Canadian firms neglect outside experience and foreign diplomas !!! and if you are lucky then you can land a job in a call center with 13 $ to 17 $. It is also worth to mention the hidden discrimination that exist in Canada. You will find Canadian managers without qualifications in the top and good qualified immigrants as employees in bottom! and then you start wondering?
Canada needs people but the economy is really weak. Also, the weather is awful and most of the time you will spend your free time at home watching TV.
As i stated before, don t expect much from immigration to this country and do not leave your job unless you have a job offer. Maybe you will find some people who had a better experience (minority) but i guarantee you that even people who spent more than 10 years in here wish to turn back home or at least try another province within Canada maybe they can turn their bad luck !!
Anyway, Good luck and I hope was able to transfer the real picture i saw during this year. Please do your research before coming and asks for advice!

cusoonCA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Nomination.....
per: 21-12-2014
loftpopo said:
All Canadian firms neglect outside experience and foreign diplomas !!! and if you are lucky then you can land a job in a call center with 13 $ to 17 $. It is also worth to mention the hidden discrimination that exist in Canada. You will find Canadian managers without qualifications in the top and good qualified immigrants as employees in bottom! and then you start wondering?
Canada needs people but the economy is really weak. Also, the weather is awful and most of the time you will spend your free time at home watching TV.
As i stated before, don t expect much from immigration to this country and do not leave your job unless you have a job offer. Maybe you will find some people who had a better experience (minority) but i guarantee you that even people who spent more than 10 years in here wish to turn back home or at least try another province within Canada maybe they can turn their bad luck !!
Anyway, Good luck and I hope was able to transfer the real picture i saw during this year. Please do your research before coming and asks for advice!
What about in alberta?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Alberta job market is down now due to oil price slump. Most of the engg companies are laying off people now.

hellboy123

Sep 12, 2010
I am into credit collections for banks and financial instituations. I have worked with companies like Citi, Barclays and GE.

Whats the scope of credit collections in Canada?

Also in the next few years I would like to get into Risk Management.

What are my chances of getting a job in credit collections?

Kindly advise.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Now most of the companies are laying off people due to slump in oil price. Outside qualification and experiences are not considered by canada employers. Also winter is very severe, it is very dull and boring.
Yep. It's true.

hellboy123

Sep 12, 2010
I am into credit collections for banks and financial instituations. I have worked with companies like Citi, Barclays and GE.

Whats the scope of credit collections in Canada?

Also in the next few years I would like to get into Risk Management.

What are my chances of getting a job in credit collections?

Kindly advise.

cusoonCA

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Nomination.....
per: 21-12-2014
Diplomatru said:
Toronto has the largest job market and more tolerance for newcomers
Ok diplomatru..thanks! How about vancouver, is it also a good option?