+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY EXPERIANCE IN CANADA IN LAST 3 YEARS

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
how are u all
I landed here in canada in june 2010 ...... here are some bad thing about canada

1 If you are a educated professional you have to start from zero , all the studies cources and then licensing test and then practical test this is for the people from medical background (PHYSIOTHERAPIST ) it took me 3 years to do all this in the mean while the job u will get wont be enough to carry ur home expensis .....
2 i live in brampton ontario bought a car for 5k honda car insurance 450 per month as a new driver in canada ....
now it is 3 years i have 2 cars now and i pay 800 per month with my home insurance ...
3 i stayed in basement for about 1.5 year trust me guys it is hard very hard ...
4 If u have someone here who can keep you in ur house for starting 6 months then u are out of early trouble but dont think that canada have lot of money ..97 % people live pay cheque to pay cheque ....
5 i will tell u normal expenditure in canada , brampton ONTARIO

1 BASEMENT RENT ...$800 FOR 2 BEDROOM BASEMENT
2 FOOD FOR THREE AS I HAVE FAMILY OF THREE IS $400
3 CAR GAS AND INSURANCE $100 GAS DEPENDING HOW FAR U GET UR JOB COZ BUSES TAKE A LOT OF TIME AND INSURANCE $450 PER MONTH
4 PHONE BILLS FOR BOTH HUSBAND AND WIFE $50
5 $1800 ARE UR BASIC EPENDITURE HERE
6 BASIC SALLARY STARTING $10.25 BEFORE TAXES AND AFTER TAXES $9.65 MULTIPLY WITH HRS U WILL WORK MAX 40 HRS A WEEK AND 5 DAYS A WEEK SAY U WORK 160 HRS A MONTH U WILL EARN LESS THAN $1600 PLUS IF U HAVE A CHILD U WILL GET CHILD BANIFIT $400 A MONTH

BUT IF U ARE READY TO SACRIFISE UR FAMILY LIFE IN FIRST 3 YEARS THEN U CAN GET SETTLE EARLY BUT STILL EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE

PLUS IF U HAVE ATLEAST $100000 CASH BACK HOME COZ THEY HAVE NOW CHANGED RULES FOR HOUSE LOAN NOW U NEED 20% IF U NEED LOAN OR 15% BUT U HAVE TO PAY INSURANCE ON LOAN THAT IS ALMOST $10K

AND THEIR IS NO WAY U CAN SAVE $100000 IN 10 YEARS SO KEEP U FUNDS READY BACK HOME

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Thx radhika for sharing your experience

How are accountants jobs and package, any idea ?

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
DEAR
RADHIKA IS MY SISTERS NAME I AM HER BROTHER I CAME TO CANADA IN 2010 JUNE THIS WAS MY STORY

IF U R INQUIRING ABOUT ACCOUNTANT THEIR IS LOT OF POTENTIAL BUT AGAIN THE THING IS
LOT OF EXAMS AND LOT OF PAPERS BUT AS I KNOW I HAVE AN ACCOUNTANT HE CAME HERE 5 YEARS AGO AND HE GOT A JOB AS AN ASSISTANT ACCOUNTAT BUT IT WAS NOT THAT PAID BUT NOW HE HAS CLEARED HIS EXAMS NOW HE IS G.C.A GENERAL CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT BUT HE TELLS ME IT IS A BUSINESS OF MAKING CLIENTS BUT IT TAKE REALLY A WHILE TO MAKE EFFICIENT NUMBER OF CLIENTS T HAT U CAN EARN LOT OF MONEY
COOLGUY THANKS IF U NEED ANY HEALP LET ME KNOW ITS A NICE COUNTRY BUT ONLY IF U CLEAR ALL THE EXAMS AND PLUS U ALL HAVE GUD MONEY TO BUY HOUSE IN LATER TIME THEN IT IS GUD
THINK TWICE
GRASS LOOK GREEN FROM THE OTHER END
I ALSO WANT TO COME BACK BUT NOW I HAVE CLEARED MY EXAMS BUT LAST 3 YEARS WERE LIKE A STRUGGLE OF 10 YEARS IN INDIA

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radhika1981 said:
how are u all
I landed here in canada in june 2010 ...... here are some bad thing about canada

1 If you are a educated professional you have to start from zero , all the studies cources and then licensing test and then practical test this is for the people from medical background (PHYSIOTHERAPIST ) it took me 3 years to do all this in the mean while the job u will get wont be enough to carry ur home expensis .....
I agree with this post. After immigration, it may take 3-5 years to settle down.
What I like about Canada?
1. Fee medical treatment.
2. Free kids education upto grade 12th.
3. Almost corruption free life.
4. Well organised system.
5. Relatively peaceful.
6. Financial security ( social assistance, EI, single mom benifit, child care benifit, social housing, food bank security etc)
7. Old age and disabled friendly society and government.

What I dont like about Canada?
1. Expensive life.
2. High auto Insurance.
3. Expensive communication and transportation.
4. Expensive higher education.
5. Non recognisation of previous work experience and educational qualification.
6. Difficult terms for sponsoring family members.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
explorer101 said:
I agree with this post. After immigration, it may take 3-5 years to settle down.
What I like about Canada?
1. Fee medical treatment.
2. Free kids education upto grade 12th.
3. Almost corruption free life.
4. Well organised system.
5. Relatively peaceful.
6. Financial security ( social assistance, EI, single mom benifit, child care benifit, social housing, food bank security etc)
7. Old age and disabled friendly society and government.

What I dont like about Canada?
1. Expensive life.
2. High auto Insurance.
3. Expensive communication and transportation.
4. Expensive higher education.
5. Non recognisation of previous work experience and educational qualification.
6. Difficult terms for sponsoring family members.
I agree, but with time you will get used to it. For Auto insuarance i use scotia bank and i think they are relatively cheap, i have an old chevy 2000, so when i had a G1 license, i was paying 456/month, but after i got my G2, it went down to $156, sometimes you have to ask these insurance guys to work with your budget, also i dont have full coverage just partial because my car is really old. I'm planning on getting a better car by September, so my insurance will be going up.

pepto

Star Member
May 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
PER Received July 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
NDVO Sept 6, 2013
Med's Request
April 23, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
radhika1981 said:
DEAR
RADHIKA IS MY SISTERS NAME I AM HER BROTHER I CAME TO CANADA IN 2010 JUNE THIS WAS MY STORY

IF U R INQUIRING ABOUT ACCOUNTANT THEIR IS LOT OF POTENTIAL BUT AGAIN THE THING IS
LOT OF EXAMS AND LOT OF PAPERS BUT AS I KNOW I HAVE AN ACCOUNTANT HE CAME HERE 5 YEARS AGO AND HE GOT A JOB AS AN ASSISTANT ACCOUNTAT BUT IT WAS NOT THAT PAID BUT NOW HE HAS CLEARED HIS EXAMS NOW HE IS G.C.A GENERAL CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT BUT HE TELLS ME IT IS A BUSINESS OF MAKING CLIENTS BUT IT TAKE REALLY A WHILE TO MAKE EFFICIENT NUMBER OF CLIENTS T HAT U CAN EARN LOT OF MONEY
COOLGUY THANKS IF U NEED ANY HEALP LET ME KNOW ITS A NICE COUNTRY BUT ONLY IF U CLEAR ALL THE EXAMS AND PLUS U ALL HAVE GUD MONEY TO BUY HOUSE IN LATER TIME THEN IT IS GUD
THINK TWICE
GRASS LOOK GREEN FROM THE OTHER END
I ALSO WANT TO COME BACK BUT NOW I HAVE CLEARED MY EXAMS BUT LAST 3 YEARS WERE LIKE A STRUGGLE OF 10 YEARS IN INDIA
Dear Brother of Radhika:

I think everyone has its own story to tell in Canada. Also with time things have changed. The most important thing in order to live in Canada is to have a network and also get the best knowledge from the well informed persons in your field.

I think the worst part that you must have faced was because of Alliance. There was a lot of Redtapism in Alliance until recently when the process has been changed. There was something wrong going on with Alliance and everyone who were waiting for their credentials assessed had to cry a lot.

I am also applying in Physiotherapist. Would you believe that because of my knowledge and also because of changed scenario now assessment has completed in just six months sitting in India. I just have to do one course which I am doing online from UFT and then I will be able to sit in the written component.

I know that life is very tough out here if you don't have anybody who knows you and can support you in initial years. I am lucky that my uncle is there. Those who came early in Physiotherapist NOC had to suffer the long process of getting themselved licensed.

Having said that atleast you are living and managing your life well with your survival job. Now that you are a licensed physiotherapist , have things changed for you?

How long ago have you been licensed? Are you looking for job? What are the job prospect in Physiotherapy? I heard it is hard to find a full time in GTA but if you move out of GTA then probably there are better chances ?

What are your opinion about it , please share your thoughts.

Also look at pharmacist coming from India or pakistan, same story with them but once they get their license their life becomes easy. I hope your worst part is over.

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
pepto i like ur thought but allliance is a big struggle ........
i got my lisence in sept 2012 and now i am gud earning good money but the years i have suffered the job of assistant physio is the worst u have to do lot of things bro ones come over and put ur feet in the shoes and then enjoy
i was lucky to get settled as my father sent me $200000 to buy house and he suported me for 1.5 years as i was doing my courses but i dont that was a wise idea coz spending that much money here is a waste but now i realize i cant go back as now my daughter is settled in school wife have a gud job and i have a gud job ... but i will go back when i am in 50ths

mr Gosia
i know all the benifits too but see the amount of tax we pay i pay $12000 tax my wife pays almost the same per year and if we get the medical free its not worth coz i have never been so ill in last 3 years .....talking about school is free thats not a big deal only govt schools are free try to get admision in private school or we call convent school then u pay $ 800 month .... and about well organized system ???if we are paying so much of tax we need to get V.I.P service so rest u know what is good here but its my opinion untill u dont have a relative who will keep u in his house for no cost for 1 or 2 years then u r sucessfull coz i have some sucess stories about those people i am calling my sister coz my house is hers also as my dad gave the down payment but i told here even she is a physiotherapist too but 3 years gona be very hard ......
love u all
good luck

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you pay tax to the amount of $12000 , it means you are making about $70,000 a year and so is your spouse.
Gross income = $140,000
Subtract tax = $-24000
Net Income = $116,000
( annual )

With this income after 2-3 years of difficult time/ hard work, I dont think I would be complaining.
As far as VIP service is concerned, it is not there for anyone. There are people who make 10 times more than you make and still they are ordinary Canadian citizens.
I feel you are from India, what benifits you get in India after paying income tax?

pepto

Star Member
May 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
PER Received July 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
NDVO Sept 6, 2013
Med's Request
April 23, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
So you admit that after the initial struggling period things do get on a right track. I would say you were lucky that your father was supportive(and rich) enough to help you.

You havn't answered my other questions ?

What are the job prospects in GTA and outside GTA? What is the average salary? Do you have a full time job now?

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
yup i have a full time job and i may open my own clinic next year

but IN GTA IS NOT A PLACE TO OPEN UR OWN CLINIC BUT IF U WORK HERE THEY PAY $50 PER HR BUT IF U WORK OUTSIDE GTA U GET MORE AS GTA HAS MORE RATE OF SATURATION
BUT IF U R DEDICATE TO DO ANYTHING U WILL BE OKEY BRO NOT TO WORRY

radhika1981

May 7, 2013
I WISH IF U R LUCKY U WILL STAY IN UR HOME LAND AND IF UR UNLUCKY U CUM AND WORK LIKE DOGS THEN WELCOME TO CANADA ITS A REAL STORY

gogabutt

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
gosia said:
I agree, but with time you will get used to it. For Auto insuarance i use scotia bank and i think they are relatively cheap, i have an old chevy 2000, so when i had a G1 license, i was paying 456/month, but after i got my G2, it went down to $156, sometimes you have to ask these insurance guys to work with your budget, also i dont have full coverage just partial because my car is really old. I'm planning on getting a better car by September, so my insurance will be going up.
Still too high!!!

In US, I pay $59 for 2 cars with full coverage. Everything is expensive in canada...

jassnoor

May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-4-2010
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS,SENT WITH INI.FILE
Med's Request
JAN 2013
Med's Done....
3 FEB 2013,FULL DOCUMENTS SENT 8 FEB 2013
Passport Req..
JAN 2013,RPRF ENCASHED 25 FEB 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
hello to forum members

if u r so much frustrated then y r u staying there.u shoud come back n live a respectable life in your homeland.Evrybody face many difficulties while starting a new life n after so much hard work when u get settled then u forgot evrything n i thnk evrybody comes in this world with his own luck which nobody can change.you shouldn't demoralise others,instead of saying bad words about that country in which u n ur family is surviving u should say that "work hard n leave the rest on god".becoz we care only for ourselves but he cares for evryone that he created n evrybody gets according to his destiny.nobody can give u happiness n nobody can give u worries too. kabhi bhi namak haram mat bano,jis desh ka khaate ho uske baare mein kabhi bhi galat mat bolo.kai baar system galt hotey hain par desh nahi.

maaf karna agar kisi ko meri koi baat buri lagi ho to.

MIDAMIDM13

Apr 24, 2013
i think its a matter of perspectives & expectations.
living in singapore will cost you the same, if not more, expenses without that much benefits.
working here is also very fast paced. houses & cars are way more expensive.
but the thing is there's still alot of advantages against those disadvantages.
we are a young professional couple, no kids yet and we try to invest and also travel regularly.
For us, we expect that it wouldn't be easy to move to another place and start all over again.
but what we see is an opportunity to experience new cultures. a good base to explore north/south america.
with the readings i have done, it seemslike a better place for starting families.
I mean its not easy anywhere. You can either stay status quo or experience the hard process but balancing it with the good times along the way. you can say that its expensive that its hard alot of exams but really everywhere else in the world you need to do some kind of s*** to succeed in what you want.