+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My chances.. please I need advice from experts

monkaanz

Dec 28, 2014
Hello,

I want to see what are my chances in getting a student visa:
I am from Jordan. My age is 32.

1. I have Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, completed in 2008 (very poor grades).
2. I have less than 6 months working experience in that degree (documented), after that I have been working as self employed (online business) in the last 6 years ( NO documents proving experience except some bank deposits).
3. I have IELTS [6.5]
4. I do have a real estate property in my name.
5. I have enough money to study 4 years max.

Based on that, what are my chances of getting a study visa in any program (PG diploma, diploma, masters, bachelors ..etc)
I really need to get out of here, any help is appreciated.

ALKA SHETTY

Dec 29, 2014
Hi,

I suggest you to apply for PG Program.

I believe you just need to meet the eligibility criteria for particular college to get a student permit.

As I have applied for Parkland College in Saskatchewan province. I did check on the economic growth of all provinces to select this province and again Parkland College is oldest college in this province.

IELTS requirement is 6.5 overall and 6.0 bands in each module for PG program and for other programs 6.5 overall with minimum 5.0 bands in each module.

If you are looking for PG program then Human Resource Management is a program for Feb 2015 and Sep 2015.

And a business program is there in March 2015 intake.

When you search for PArkland College kindly put "Canada" after college name on search bar as same named college is also there in USA.

Hope this information helps.

monkaanz

Dec 28, 2014
Thank you ALKA for your reply, it does help.

My real concern was: I have good high school marks, but very low university marks. will that affect my chances by any means?
Also, I have practically no experience in my degree as I worked as self employed.

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Alka Shetty and some Rupal Shah guy are promoting Parkland college.
so dont really listen to them.
and to be honest you dont have any chance as a student to get approval in Canada.
because of ur age and gap in ur studies.
you can apply for PR if you can show work experience after your studies

cheers

monkaanz

Dec 28, 2014
garry gill said:
Alka Shetty and some Rupal Shah guy are promoting Parkland college.
so dont really listen to them.
and to be honest you dont have any chance as a student to get approval in Canada.
because of ur age and gap in ur studies.
you can apply for PR if you can show work experience after your studies

cheers
Thank you garry for the - harsh - opinion, I appreciate it. I guess the study path is not for me. Is there any other easier countries for that study path - less strict I mean? Is work experience the only way possible for me?

ahujapinchu412

Nov 24, 2014
monkaanz said:
Thank you garry for the - harsh - opinion, I appreciate it. I guess the study path is not for me. Is there any other easier countries for that study path - less strict I mean? Is work experience the only way possible for me?
You shd try new zealand study visa..nz embassy is nt that strict bt you have to justify what you were doing in your gap period..

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
yes you can apply for New Zealand or Australia.
better chance of getting approval. especially New Zealand

monkaanz

Dec 28, 2014
garry gill said:
yes you can apply for New Zealand or Australia.
better chance of getting approval. especially New Zealand
What about the US ? Do they also require work experience / good grades to allow PG diploma or Masters?

I think these are ridiculous conditions, they are missing on a lot of good educated & successful immigrants.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
monkaanz said:
Hello,

I want to see what are my chances in getting a student visa:
I am from Jordan. My age is 32.

1. I have Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, completed in 2008 (very poor grades).
2. I have less than 6 months working experience in that degree (documented), after that I have been working as self employed (online business) in the last 6 years ( NO documents proving experience except some bank deposits).
3. I have IELTS [6.5]
4. I do have a real estate property in my name.
5. I have enough money to study 4 years max.

Based on that, what are my chances of getting a study visa in any program (PG diploma, diploma, masters, bachelors ..etc)
I really need to get out of here, any help is appreciated.
What was your cgpa in your bachelors?